NaturaNaturans

Is there an east/west schism

I have only read a few pages, but it is incredebilly well written. Just wanted to share how he discribes the initial capture (his exact age is not mentioned, but he is obviously a child):

image.png.90e3b13932e50e82a4b29bf7f0415aee.png

I am hooked, and will probally finish it in a day or two, and then come back with a review. Fascinating stuff. 

• Like 2

Do you guys think it is possible to truly grasp an «alien» tradition? At least without having intimate knowledge of the culture and language?

4 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Do you guys think it is possible to truly grasp an «alien» tradition? At least without having intimate knowledge of the culture and language?

Nah .

But there are other ways

Europe lost a lot of wise folks, both male and females due to the Christian church killing them all and purged native traditions in favor of Christianity. 

Personally I feel people in Northern Europe are way too rational and have closed their hearts. Too little sun could also play a part in this way of being. When I went to China I was positively surprised of how social people were compared to here, where being anti social is the norm.