1 hour ago, Cobie said:

Christianity is thriving and growing fast globally. :)

Not as much as Islam though .

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

Enjoy. B) Globally more than half of all people are of an abrahamic religion. 

... and isnt the world going wonderfully  !  

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

Christianity is thriving and growing fast globally. :)

but not in my spot on the globe,

I've seen it shrink from around 80% in my childhood to now 30% and regard that as a good thing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

but not in my spot on the globe,

I've seen it shrink from around 80% in my childhood to now 30% and regard that as a good thing.

How’s the crime rate?

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

... and isnt the world going wonderfully  !  

I think so yes. The glass is half full as it were.

There have always been wars. Right now there is basically less war than ever before (unless you zoom in of course, I do have compassion for those in conflict but compared to the past it’s way less)

We are on the precipice of becoming a space faring species. This ticks a good box for me, again I’m a glass half full kinda guy. And also agree it’s a great strategic advantage for us a species .

We have access to more information than ever before. We can learn anything, fact check most things instantly. This is such a bonus. We basically have the power of the worlds libraries at our fingers instantly. I mean wow, yeah we are doing pretty good.

We still have free speech to the most part Globally. As far as I’m concerned this is a modern miracle (if you need clarification on this point please ask)

RE an earlier post talking about the native Indians being killed by Christianity. It wasn’t Christianity, it was Guns and more so Alcohol that did that (I blame the Egyptians partially)

Seriously though blaming religion for everything is pretty silly don’t you think. (Half the world has one, or more, people are still people) Is it not better to try to zoom out and get more of a birds eye view… 

Consider the violence that happened in America in its second most recent history. The Native Americans were pretty serious about violent combat. 

For better or worse the Karma of that land is still pretty similar, Waring factions that respond to threats of life with protection via weapons and all the debauchery that comes with it (some goodness too [lots if you ask me 💦] )

But did Christianity make weapons and whiskey?

(BES I agree with you and the Native Indians though, we should never have started digging things up from the ground, it would only lead to trouble. I’ve held that same belief strongly for 25 years)

Is it (Christianity as a living practice) more likely to keep Evil in check than create it? 

There is so much mixed in. From the old tribal points of the Germanic and Nordic peoples of old,,, how did the children feel when they looked at the spoils of war return. Bag upon bag of blood spattered gold?

Can you imagine seeing the flickering flames of a fire reflecting back of a burnished ornament of Gold, as a teenage boy listening to the cheer of the men that Heroically made it back alive. Can you imagine the thought processes there?

Would that Heroic Victory, be seen as good or bad. Or is it all A LOT more nuanced?

Is there something about unification that just makes sense, under any banner?

I’ll let you ponder that Guys . And hope you get back to the conversation. I have some interesting imagery to share with you about Spoils of War BES if you like..

The migration and survival of language is an important and telling feature when it comes to true conquest as it works.

Will English eventually shrink to a small island somewhere and be preserved and then spring back out into the word , seemingly beginning as a proto language?

Stranger things have happened.

This is certainly how it seems to have been for the Ancient people.

Do you know anything interesting about language migration?

I wonder how many times the Americas have been populated and how peaceful it has all been there. I would hedge a bet that it would be more of what we have seen (violence fractured in-fighting) if we could somehow peer into the distant past. I think that land has this quality attached deeply to it IMHO 

But who knows for sure, if only writing could have survived before even the last ice age. What’s that 12,000 years. 

it’s estimated Human histories have been getting recycled for over 300,000 these days. Did you know…?

imagine how many times this dance of good and evil has reverberated back and forth in this land, between peoples , customs, hearts and religions… To quote Sylvester Stallone, “did you really think it was gonna be all sunshine and rainbows?”

Who is to say anything is really right or wrong about history… what we are really looking at when we look at history is a vast smelting pot of change. Is this more fair and sensible?

History repeats itself over and over again, the only real choice and control we have over anything happens in the heart (love?) is protected by the gut (instinct?) and is rationalised by the head. (Common Sense?)

So how are we going to raise these Birth Rates?

Edited by Thrice Daily

By Debauchery I mean - excessive indulgence in sex, alcohol, or drugs.

Moderation may be possible for some which is probably fine… 

I use the word probably with caution. 
Access is more the issue I’d say… whoever thought the word Telegram would become cool again B) 

Edited by Thrice Daily