Apech

Very unpopular opinions

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Forestgreen said:

If you google the difference between soul and spirit, you will find out why it is called spirituality and not soulality. 

First of. These two words are often used interchangably. 

Sencond of all. You can't do spirituality without addressing the soul. And you can't do any work on the soul without it belonging to the spiritual process aswell. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

wambulance for one...

True... I could use some medicine from all that salt. 

Edited by Salvijus

23 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Could be because of failure to understand the intention of those words. 

Knock, knock.

Who’s there?

World Health Organization 

World Health Organization who?

Yes.

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Apech said:

Knock, knock.

Who’s there?

World Health Organization 

World Health Organization who?

Yes.

You continue to make my point. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Salvijus said:

… These two words are often used interchangably. …

The NT koine Greek often uses the same word, pneuma (πνεῦμα‎‎), for both soul and for spirit.

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Salvijus said:

I think no matter what I say, some of you guys will still going to get salty. But making sarcastic jokes is not a healthy or effective way to cope with it. Something unfortunatly you guys are taking a long time to understand it seems... But hey, if you think that will bring you closure, by all means, keep trying. 

🤧 That was beautiful 

Really ?  He said 'forgive the father  for they know not what they do' .

That means we should forgive the father ( God the father ) because god the fathers do not know what they are doing .

It might not be beautiful but its one of the best things things snowymountains wrote    :) 

"So ... just be a camera then ?" 

Camera has no perception or knowledge of what it is recording. Camera is only capturing the light outside and storing it. But there there is nothing sentient there to perceive the collected data. 

Like a mirror. A mirror gives a clear reflection of reality, but reflection is not knowledge. And it is knowledge of reality (synonymous with perception of reality) that amounts to knowing the truth. 

The element of Knowledge is missing in both camera and mirror. Without the ability to Know( synonymous with "to perceive" in this context) , there is no possibility of consciously knowing Truth. 

yet you said " Observing reality without conceptualizing it leads to truth. "

Mindfulness is not just recording the information that enters through our senses. Mindfulness is to have concious knowledge of life that is throbbing all around you. That's why there are degrees of mindfulness and mindlessness. 

"To the extent you are concious, to that extent you know the truth, to that extent you're free from false perceptions, illusions, projections of ego. To that extent you are free and happy" 

11 hours ago, Apech said:

I can’t help thinking that you haven’t yet mastered the concept of a knock knock joke.

Knock knock !

Who is there ?

Salvijus .

What ? Salvation Jesus ?

No, Salvijus .

What do you want ?

I want to talk to you about Christianity and you being saved .

No thanks.

Why not .

My dear chap, I dont think you are up to it .

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Forestgreen said:

If you google the difference between soul and spirit, you will find out why it is called spirituality and not soulality. 

Oooo lets start a thread on that ! 

55 minutes ago, Cobie said:

The NT koine Greek often uses the same word, pneuma (πνεῦμα‎‎), for both soul and for spirit.

It does ?   Or is that a fault of translation into English . For example eros and agape are often both translated into English as  as love .

new thread coming up .

35 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Really ?  He said 'forgive the father  for they know not what they do' .

That means we should forgive the father ( God the father ) because god the fathers do not know what they are doing .

It might not be beautiful but its one of the best things things snowymountains wrote    :) 

It was meant to be "forgive them father" but some divine synchrinicity must had interfered with my phone's spell checker 😁

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nungali said:

Knock knock !

Who is there ?

Salvijus .

What ? Salvation Jesus ?

No, Salvijus .

What do you want ?

I want to talk to you about Christianity and you being saved .

No thanks.

Why not .

My dear chap, I dont think you are up to it .

But isn't this ignoring the "truth"(TM) 😁?

Edited by snowymountains

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cobie said:

It's been a while, but I recall generally ψυχή (psychē) as soul and πνεῦμα‎ (pneuma) as spirit, such as 1 Thessalonians 5:23. 

Edited by forestofemptiness
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nungali, please write something positive/wholesome for once. All that salt is is not healthy for anyone. 

I appreciate it if you do 🙏

And if you don't want to do that, then let's at least part our ways and not engage or slander each other anymore. 

I hope that's cool with you 🙏

Edited by Salvijus

3 hours ago, snowymountains said:

It was meant to be "forgive them father" but some divine synchrinicity must had interfered with my phone's spell checker 😁

Freudian slip...

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

"knock knock 

Who's there? 

A seeker of God, please let me in

The door opens

I realize I was knocking from inside the whole time" ~Rumi

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Nungali said:

yet you said " Observing reality without conceptualizing it leads to truth. "

I still say that. But I meant sentient observation. I wouldn't even call filming as observation. It's just storing and capturing images without any concious knowledge of what's happening. 

My upgraded statement would sound like this." the more concious you are, the more true you become" 

Edited by Salvijus

On 5/31/2024 at 10:26 AM, forestofemptiness said:

I'd be curious if you wished to expand on this. I find Chinese presentations compelling, but often obscured by jargon and a lack of oral instruction. I've been checking out this book and like what I'm seeing so far. 

Basically I find it awkward when I'm directed to an Ultimate/ Absolute reality without characteristics, with the corollary that phenomena, words, thoughts, and the whole variety of experience, are somehow illusory or at best tools to be dispensed with once the other shore is reached. Now I understand why things are framed this way- the danger of clinging to a set of concepts and other artifacts without moving on to their full significance is real. But it's just with these things- books, words, art, ceremony, poetry,  the flowers,  birds, stars, etc.- that this transcendent world is manifested to me, that liberation is communicated. Someone might say I'm too attached to provisionals but it seems to me the provisionals are indispensable. So I appreciate an approach like Tiantai that telescopes the raft and the shore, or the fish trap and the fish in Zhuangzi's terms. And Zhuangzi, often presented as suspicious of language, also puts forth a more exalted view of language in his discussion of "goblet words". 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

It's been a while, but I recall generally ψυχή (psychē) as soul and πνεῦμα‎ (pneuma) as spirit, such as 1 Thessalonians 5:23. 

Yep .  It is spirit ( 'life force' ) and breath that share meaning with pneuma .  For insight into what soul might mean  , try the myth :

https://www.theoi.com/Ouranios/Psykhe.html

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Nungali, please write something positive/wholesome for once. All that salt is is not healthy for anyone. 

I appreciate it if you do 🙏

And if you don't want to do that, then let's at least part our ways and not engage or slander each other anymore. 

I hope that's cool with you 🙏

Hey !

I just posted some nice music for you !

No appreciation around here !  :angry:

19 hours ago, Salvijus said:

"knock knock 

Who's there? 

A seeker of God, please let me in

The door opens

I realize I was knocking from inside the whole time" ~Rumi

Hang on ...  Rumi told knock knock jokes ????  :unsure:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Nungali said:

It does ?   Or is that a fault of translation into English . For example eros and agape are often both translated into English as  as love .

new thread coming up .

Don't forget storge and philia.  And, according to Plato, also mania (he asserted that love is a kind of madness.  He had four different  words for different kinds of madness too.) 

The ancients had phylogenetic trees for many emotional and philosophical notions for which we plant monocultures.    

• Like 3

The ‘idea’ is nothing but a subjective preference. It has no substantial basis. 

There is no ‘free will’. We are just prisoners of our own device. Bound to experience a show which script has already been written, with hardly probability to improvise apart from conditioning.

’I think therefore I am’ is nonsense in several ways. Why should thinking imply an existence of a separated self by a way of causality? That is just bonkers. Whatever runs through minds projection surface doesn’t tell one anything about existence and nonexistence. 

Intelligence is overrated. What use is a sword that cannot cut through emotions? Looking the other way might make you happier than interpreting what you do. 

Spiritual traditions don’t put enough emphasis on the heart. And heart is not simply emotions in chaos.