Apech

Very unpopular opinions

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Regarding that ; 'its going to be alright'   . Do you think this is a modern thing ?   It appears to be in astrology , the old 'born under a bad sign' seems unpop .  In the old days, bad natal configuration ; Sorry , you're fucked . Better go straight to damage control    Now  ?  

Well, that is a terrible thing to say ..... I should be ashamed of myself !  

here you go  guys .... have a ' came first at the other end ' award  .

I'm pretty sure the whole "positive thinking" thing was/is a psyop.  Don't know how modern, but at some point -- I seem to recall in the 60s -- it was unleashed in earnest on the population, as an antidote to antiwar protests, to fighting injustice, inequality, poverty, tyranny, in general to making too many unsanctioned waves.  People were indoctrinated to "don't worry be happy" or else risk social stigma.  After a while it sank into the subconscious and became a self-perpetuating thing. 

Nothing makes me feel more forlorn than toxic positivity.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

" We are sick,  hungry, and you stole our land !  "

" Shhhhh ......   forgiveness !  "    or   this classic one  ;  " Dont worry, after you die and go to heaven  you will get justice .....  in the meantime , learn to love your oppressors ."

This was one of my fav subjects  in Comparative Religion ;

" Here you go 'peasants', Jesus wants you to have these ."

image.png.ede47747f5aefebaac64809f3f0d3bb3.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_theology

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hey ,  thats an easy way to post an unpopular opinion here (in general sub-forum )  !

My take on the current political situation in Gaza is  ......

6 hours ago, Cobie said:

I think that’s politics. I have reported your post. Politics is only allowed in a special subforum, you can request access, here 

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/52830-current-events-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1034434   

I agree.

@Tommy - please keep political posts in Current Events. I've moved your post to the World at War thread there. 

If you do not have access to Current Events, you are welcome to request it. 

Thanks for your cooperation.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

I can 'psychically heal'  machinery   :)

1.  Two women looking confused at a car engine , bonnet up parked . I stop to help, " Cant get it started ? "

" No, we cant figure out what is wrong ." I look at the motor, I have no idea what I am doing , I place both hands on what I assume is the alternator ......   " Try it now ."   One gets in and it tries it and it starts first go .  The other ; " What did you just do then !? " I get in my car and drive off.

2. Working with a group of Aboriginal men, helping to build a bush pole construction over toilets for a festival they are having . The chainsaw will not start , they are  swearing and cursing at it , several  try , curse at it treat it rough . Me " Whoa, hold on fellahs, let me have a go .  " .... sarcastic exclamations and comments   ( as they know my 'character '  ;)  )   . I kneel down and gently stroke the chainsaw ; " Awwww , poor little fellah, they been rough and mean to you , well I won't treat you like, you are a good boy aren't you ."

Starts on 2nd gentle pull .   More exclamations but now of exasperation and  " Bullshit  !   WTF ?  "  ( My teacher is there, he has gone into a laughing fit .)

3. This afternoon ;   I get on the new tractor , notice an hydrophilic lead on  the 3 way front bucket is disconnected ; damn , it cant 'grab' and I want to move some big fallen logs and branches .   I drive up to the guy's place that just bought the tractor . He says he cant get the lead on . He tries several times and no go .  I look into the plug and then press the plug on the end of the lead on to the framework, the valve goes in and out , I put it on the feed plug ..... 'click'     :D     and he is standing there   :o

I have no idea what's going on .

Well... this could have something to do with it ;

Spoiler

There are those three , and a few more .

But a 100 times , when I am by myself   and everything is fucking up and won't work and I am  " Well F YOU ! Right I am going up the shed and coming back with an fen sledge hammer ... I have F en HAD IT everting I turn my hand to today has ....

donald-duck-angry.gif

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nungali said:

… I have no idea what's going on . 

The true sign of enlightenment. :)

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2024 at 11:06 AM, steve said:

I agree.

@Tommy - please keep political posts in Current Events. I've moved your post to the World at War thread there. 

If you do not have access to Current Events, you are welcome to request it. 

Thanks for your cooperation.

What ?       It is ?

Jeeze I am glad  I dont   know about that .

image.png.7100770fc9990ccaf5e6b63082c34815.png

Latest unpopular joke  ; 

For sale on   eBay ;

bits of Donald Trump's ear .

Coby ! 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 6:28 PM, stirling said:

I'd still love a plain english version of what you are suggesting here.

The plainer English version:

Applying the Pali Instructions

"stirling" appears twice!  (thank you, from the bottom of my heart /\ )

240625-Lucerne-Harbor-3_DSC02397_x680.jpg

Edited by Mark Foote