DreamBliss

Is There Any Way to Know it is Real?

i do feel pity on the cult victims, but every time i try to help the victim he tells me that he wants to be a victim. it is their choice, more power to them. you go boys and girls.

58 minutes ago, DreamBliss said:

Would that I had the resources to do so! I agree completely.

Where do you live? You never know who is nearby hiding in plain sight. One guy who was quite sought after on this website years ago ended up living 10 mins from my friends house!

7 hours ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Where do you live? You never know who is nearby hiding in plain sight. One guy who was quite sought after on this website years ago ended up living 10 mins from my friends house!

Not far from Portland, OR. So if you know of any spiritual teachers hiding in the immediate area, please enlighten me (pun intended!) Best I found so far was a woman channeling Lord St Germain of the Ascended Masters. I only attended one session, but it was interesting.

6 hours ago, DreamBliss said:

Not far from Portland, OR. So if you know of any spiritual teachers hiding in the immediate area, please enlighten me (pun intended!) Best I found so far was a woman channeling Lord St Germain of the Ascended Masters. I only attended one session, but it was interesting.

@liminal_luke is from Portland if I’m not mistaken. Maybe he can help you out

• Like 1

7 hours ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

@liminal_luke is from Portland if I’m not mistaken. Maybe he can help you out

Great memory!  I did live there but a long time ago. Not sure I know anybody that fits the description of what DreamBliss is looking for though.  I got my start in things Taoistic there from a local acupuncturist/naturopath, Bernie Bayard, BERNIE BAYARD ND, L.AC - Updated May 2024 - 1238 NW Glisan St, Portland, Oregon - Acupuncture - Phone Number - Yelp.  He used to teach tai chi and was a teacher of Master Mantak Chia´s much maligned (but still useful, imo) system.  He also taught taiji and sponsored various qigong workshops.  He´s someone whose always doing something spiritually interesting.  Not sure he´s enlightened though.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 7:57 AM, DreamBliss said:

More like a jolt to break through the blocks. Mainly because I spent so long working on myself I started to become self-absorbed, and nothing (and I mean nothing) I have ever done, outside of renouncing my former Christian faith, created any fundamental, meaningful and substantial change.

I will keep you in mind if I happen across someone or something which fits within your parameters.  In the meantime, I wish you the very best.

Sincerely,

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think we do better when we focus on what we pay attention to more then what is 'real'

My thought, isn't 'real' but at times it can get damn annoying.  My clinginess to them, particularly the negative ones is affects the quality of my life.  I meditated by a lake today.  Water, birds, sky, ripples, smells.. It was real and enjoyable, but does it matter?  It was made better because I didn't cling to it.  Philosophize it.  I experienced it. 

Tonight I'll watch TV, is that viewing real?  I like the saying 'Sacred is what you make sacred'.  Real is what you connect with.  Hopefully its something positive.

Our relationship to something may be more important than if it's real.   

Edited by thelerner

20 hours ago, thelerner said:

It was real and enjoyable, but does it matter?

My vote?

It matters when you share it.  Either in person, or like you shared it with us, in this thread.  At the very least, it matters to me.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 5:10 PM, DreamBliss said:

Not far from Portland, OR

Greetings.  I am typing to you from NEPDX.  I'm a stone's throw from Laurelhurst Elementary school.

On 5/29/2024 at 7:57 AM, DreamBliss said:

More like a jolt to break through the blocks. Mainly because I spent so long working on myself I started to become self-absorbed, and nothing (and I mean nothing) I have ever done, outside of renouncing my former Christian faith, created any fundamental, meaningful and substantial change.

The best that I know of, based on what you have shared, would be a gradual untangling, not a jolt.

Personally, I have no experience with levitation or invisibility, or other such magical things a person can do. I do, however, have experience with magical things being done to me, and I can completely vouch for the idea that matter and reality are not what they seem, and there is much beyond that is not revealed. I also say that you should use caution when seeking out the other side.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 24.05.2024 at 6:59 PM, DreamBliss said:

I feel that everyone is either outright lying, or exaggerating. How am I to know the actual things that will bring fundamental, meaningful and substantial change right now, in this moment?

If you seek to experience any real change yourself, you have the power to do so through training. It's not about waiting for someone else to fix everything, but about taking the reins and committing to your own daily training and cultivation.

Otherwise, any changes that can be experienced will only be superficial and illusion-based, lingering for a while and passing through. But with daily training, you open the door to profound and lasting change.

On 24.05.2024 at 6:59 PM, DreamBliss said:

I want to hit the core beliefs I have about reality so hard they shatter

People used to believe that the earth was flat, that the sun was rotating around us, and that thunder was a sign of God's wrath. Beliefs are conditional.
If you were a person from 300 years ago experiencing a modern reality, it would undoubtedly shatter your core beliefs.

On 29.05.2024 at 1:19 AM, DreamBliss said:

But being able to sense energy as if it were a tangible thing and see things most are not aware of would be good enough for me.

It is possible to see energy and interact with spiritual reality directly through third-eye development and visualization training. Energy and entities become tangible at that level. It is even possible to see energy fields, mental development and soul of other beings.

But if you are looking for a miracle pill and quick enlightenment, that is not a path you should pursue. Here, we are talking about 5 to 10 years of daily training.

Edited by Neirong
  • Like 2

Even if you experienced something totally out of this world you would probably end up unhappy anyway so it is better to work on increasing your level of joy and contentment on a daily basis.

The reason is meditation is a slow process that gives results on a longer timeframe.

I found that to focus on eliminating my own beliefs that caused me to be unhappy made me content and happy in daily life and I don't need to do a ton of meditation to keep it up. Also finding something tangible that causes joy is a good antidote to the depressive focus that a lot of spiritual practitioners unfortunately have.

Daily note what caused you to be unhappy and eliminate it. Find one thing that makes you happy and focus on that. Suddenly you find yourself in a place where you don't want to be anywhere else than where you are.