Alpha

Need some Daily Cultivation Techniques

Greetings fellow Daoists

I'm currently looking for some Daily Cultivation Journal ( technique or skills!?! ) if you have

I request you to share with me 🙏🏻

If you like I can post the 3-week entire Vipassana retreat according to the northern Thai Tradition (Theravada Buddhism). It's split into two main routines practiced equally: walking and seated meditation. 

It's not Taoist obviously but in any case extremely helpful since it will teach you how to meditate properly. The only problem is that having a supervising teacher is very important as they'll help you to get through the various stages of until the level of stream-entry is attained which is the main goal of a 3-week retreat.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

If you like I can post the 3-week entire Vipassana retreat according to the northern Thai Tradition (Theravada Buddhism). It's split into two main routines practiced equally: walking and seated meditation. 

It's not Taoist obviously but in any case extremely helpful since it will teach you how to meditate properly. The only problem is that having a supervising teacher is very important as they'll help you to get through the various stages of until the level of stream-entry is attained which is the main goal of a 3-week retreat.

Stream entry in 3 weeks does sound like overselling tbh, nobody can guarantee to anyone stream entry, nevermind in 3 weeks.

Was this retreat organised by monks in the Thai forest tradition?

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

that would be very interesting!

Posted (edited)

Because most of the post-natal  jing we get is through eating and drinking ,  by accumulating them and paying attention to the lower abdomen  , where  the digestion process  ends,  we can arouse qi ;  with qi accumulated , and arisen , we then forget  it, forget that it is being forgotten ,  to attain Shen ; with the skill of playing with Shen , a mindless Mind ,  grasped and refined , we get more high quality qi accumulated ; then quantity leads to quality jumps , an intercourse  between Shen and qi  happens , and,  embryonic breathing arises ..;  notice that hardly can a mind be settled  and emptied by  itself ; no-mind implies hardly can it   or should it raise any intention to empty  itself,  instead, it can be  grasped and emptied by qi. This is the  crucial difference between Taoist way from others'  .There are 2 main thresholds to cross in this process  :

1) Your capability of arousing  qi  by whatever way you are taught by your teacher / research

2) Your capability  to understand and attain a mindless Mind (  can have varied degree of depth )

Attainment of qi  lets you understand  what most of the TCM writings talk about ;  attainment of  a mindless Mind/ a  no-mind Mind lets you understand  what most of the Buddhist writings talk about provided that you read classical Chinese ;

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 4:01 PM, Alpha said:

Greetings fellow Daoists

I'm currently looking for some Daily Cultivation Journal ( technique or skills!?! ) if you have

I request you to share with me 🙏🏻

I would recommend standing meditation - zhan zhuang.

There are lots of instructions readily available online. 

Stick with basic natural standing, nothing too physically challenging.

Allow the mind to be open and fully connected to both the body and the environment.

Whenever you get carried away in thought or observation, release and open the focus and reconnect to the present moment.

Allow the practice to become familiar, then to deepen.

Trust the practice and allow it to mature and evolve through the innate intelligence of the body, mind, and spirit.

• Like 2