Sign in to follow this  
Josefa

Greetings, I seek purpose and I find myself drawn to the Dao

Greetings all,

I've come across this forum over the years and find myself returning. Recently I've struggled with finding some kind of meaningful purpose, so much of life seems meaningless and a distraction. I've been focused so heavily on the pursuit of my own financial security that I've disregarded all of the other areas of my life. And have come to the decision that it's time for me to find something more and to dedicate myself to some kind of internal martial arts.

For context I recently learned of the late Steve Gray, and having listened to him I personally am drawn to this idea of finding enlightenment and development of the spiritual aspects of self through the path of the warrior monk. I am fascinated about possibility of connecting to the spiritual world and the beings that live their through the cultivation of the self. 

As someone new to this field and reading so many differing opinions and ideas about what is the "true" this or the "real" that, I wanted to ask a question to some of the more wiser members of the community as to advice of a place to start for a newbie. 

So I thank you in advance and look forward to getting to know you in the future. 

Kind regards

Josefa

Sign in to follow this