Sign in to follow this  
old3bob

wild motor swap!

Posted (edited)

"we've seen all sorts of weird and seemingly pointless engine swaps. From a Hayabusa-swapped Citicar to a fireblade-powered Ruckus, the wonderful world of YouTube has no shortage of insane backyard builds. And a recent video by the YouTube channel BUM showcases yet another one. This time, it's a Coleman CT200U, a minibike a lot of kids dream of owning as their first motorized two-wheeler. With a 199cc engine and chunky, tractor-like tires, this thing is surely a lot of fun for both beginner and seasoned riders. But what happens if you want to throw all sense out the window and transform it into a 200-horsepower deathtrap?  Well, this is exactly what the folks at BUM did, as they transplanted a Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade engine into the Coleman mini-bike. As you would expect, the engine was by no means a bolt-on install, with tons of fabrication work needed in order to mount the engine safely (that’s if safety is even in the equation here)."

BB1orx1f.jpg

Edited by old3bob
  • Haha 1

I'd rather have a Henderson  ...... meep meep !

image.png.a7badd1060add84971c1a414404057d0.png

although they did make a six back in 1930s ;

image.png.d8ab09bbe8fe0dea88ab06d82f2a128d.png

• Like 1

I watched a video on that minibike to see if it was real and it was, luckily no one has killed themselves on it so far....

Never seen a Henderson, those are big ones!

more is not always better, an extreme example:  can't see the road through the motors!

dsc02230-jpg-664eb0be38c37.thumb.jpg.19532f5e62df707b2cd96f8d41615cc6.jpg

I been watching 'Car SOS'  - tv , steal that car you have been meaning to restore for years, totally restore it from scratch and then surprise you with it .

Did a great old Volvo last night ! 

image.png.a41cb10574ff1a2b66dfe8d7f441cfd1.png

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

I been watching 'Car SOS'  - tv , steal that car you have been meaning to restore for years, totally restore it from scratch and then surprise you with it .

Did a great old Volvo last night ! 

image.png.a41cb10574ff1a2b66dfe8d7f441cfd1.png

that's a very fine looking car all around!

I finally made good progress on my old  cars engine and transmission install.  (rebuilt)  Tried a new way (to me) to add coolant after a rebuild which uses a vacuum device to fill the system by sucking coolant into it,  and it worked great!  No burping  system or having air pockets!

• Like 1

Can I tell you a secret while you're talking cars?

I only know one thing about cars.  To wit:

I want a Bugatti Tourbillon.

And unlike what its name may suggest, the price tag is not in the billions.  A mere $4.5 million separates me from my want.  Well, closer to $4.8 for some versions, but I'd go for the lower end, I'm not too proud to skimp a bit.       

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Taomeow said:

And unlike what its name may suggest, the price tag is not in the billions.  A mere $4.5 million separates me from my want.  Well, closer to $4.8 for some versions, but I'd go for the lower end, I'm not too proud to skimp a bit.       

that's wild fancy...  in heaven there are no cars that's why we drive them here,  apparently that includes no beer?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, old3bob said:

that's a very fine looking car all around!

I finally made good progress on my old  cars engine and transmission install.  (rebuilt)  Tried a new way (to me) to add coolant after a rebuild which uses a vacuum device to fill the system by sucking coolant into it,  and it worked great!  No burping  system or having air pockets!

image.png.902fe3fbd0ddfee99535744245874755.png

19 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Really ?

I more envision you in  the  Veyron Van Vooren Cabriolet   ( Bugatti  )  .

image.png.469748444766a8c72a9f3ffebbb53458.png

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Why is this the rarest of them all ?

image.png.9dee5cbee496d492894389d8d04daa53.png

Its a work car ... the owner cut the door off so its easier to throw out newspapers onto front lawns  for his paper run .

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Really ?

I more envision you in  the  Veyron Van Vooren Cabriolet   ( Bugatti  )  .

image.png.469748444766a8c72a9f3ffebbb53458.png

I understand the source of the misunderstanding:  I mentioned many times that as a general tendency I'm an "out with the new, in with the old" girl and like stuff that's very, very old, centuries or millennia old.  But if I have to put up with modern technology, it better be very, very modern.  Fast and sleek over pompous and cumbersome.  Tiger over dinosaur.      

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nungali said:

image.png.902fe3fbd0ddfee99535744245874755.png

not the exhaust system, the cooling system ;) and all that green anti-freeze/water mix which would not inhale very well either, lol

Rat (rebel like) rods can be interesting but I don't think i could fit into one very well, so not my personal cup of tea...

lead-5.jpg.c509d0bd10c7568c50734549f9ec5afe.jpg

44 minutes ago, old3bob said:

Rat (rebel like) rods can be interesting but I don't think i could fit into one very well, so not my personal cup of tea...

lead-5.jpg.c509d0bd10c7568c50734549f9ec5afe.jpg

How about this one?  Looks pretty roomy.

World's Wildest Rat Rod Supercar That Will Impress You Totally - YouTube 

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this