Agnostisism, atheism, monotheism, pantheism, polytheism, animister etc. What do you consider most likley/reasonable, and why?

I lean towards monism/pantheism, all is one and there we are all individuated aspects of the divine.

I like the hindu creation myth:

In the beginning, there was only the eternal, infinite, and all-encompassing Brahman. From this infinite expanse, Brahma, the creator, emerged. Alone and immersed in his solitude, Brahma desired to create the universe.

To fulfill his desire and dispel his loneliness, Brahma split himself into two, creating the first male and female beings. From his right side, he created the male, and from his left side, the female. The male became Manu, the progenitor of mankind, and the female became Shatarupa, the mother of all living beings.

Together, Manu and Shatarupa began the process of creation, giving birth to the first humans and all living creatures. Thus, the universe emerged from the union of the divine pair, formed from the very essence of Brahma himself.

Posted (edited)

Jewish Monotheism:

There is one and only one which is absolutely, literally, infinite: a unity with absolutely no division.  This unique unity is currently creating everything ( and nothing ).   In order for any "thing" to exist, this creator must choose to be benevolent and merciful eternally.  Even the slightest instant of malevolence will revert the entire creation back into the source.

Because there is only one creator, and this creator necessarily must be benevolent, it logically follows that all of reality is harmonious.  That which is in conflict is only an illusion.  There is a grand plan, and everyone and everything is included and necessary for the benevolent plan to execute.

Seeking out this harmony in general is not difficult.  Many do it everyday currently, and many wise and brilliant individuals throughout recorded history have come to the same conclusion.  Recognizing the harmony on a case by case basis can be easy or difficult depending on the opposing / conflicting phenomena which are the target for consideration.  As an individual contemplates more, solving more and more of life's puzzles and mysteries, the human mind adapts and learns to see a simultaneous cooperation occurring in nearly infinite domains.  This is not a pleasant adaption while it is occurring.  But it is rewarding in the end, for those who do not lose their minds in the process.  If they are successful, the individual is, more or less, a prophet.

The Hebrew bible records the history of our prophets as well leaving a bread crumb trail for those who are willing and able to embark on that journey.

Edited by Daniel

2 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

But @Daniel, doesnt jews belive in good and evil, satan and the bottom less pit? How is this compatable with with everything stemming from God?

You're asking how?  ~I'm confused by the question~

What do you mean?  I apologize, it's very simple and obvious to me, but that's because this is "native soil", for lack of a better words.

I'm guessing, as dangerous as that is, that you are not considering the Jewish God concept?

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

absolutely, literally, infinite: a unity with absolutely no division

That ^^ is the Jewish God.

So, if I take that definition and do some word substitution regarding your question, this is what I get:

"Jews believe in good and evil, satan and the bottom less pit stemming from absolutely literal infinity, a unity without division."

To me, this is perfectly simple and easy to understand.

Everything, anything, any human mind can conceive and more is included in "absolutely literal infinity".

Anything... you can think of ... and more....

Good?  yes

Evil? yes

satan? yes

bottomless pit?  yes

an overflowing pit?  yes

blue jeans?  yes

neck tie? yes

duck? yes

lint? yes

cars? yes

trucks? yes

busses? yes

a canoe? yes

a raft? yes

a cup? yes

a plate? yes

etc...

53 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You're asking how?  ~I'm confused by the question~

What do you mean?  I apologize, it's very simple and obvious to me, but that's because this is "native soil", for lack of a better words.

I'm guessing, as dangerous as that is, that you are not considering the Jewish God concept?

That ^^ is the Jewish God.

So, if I take that definition and do some word substitution regarding your question, this is what I get:

"Jews believe in good and evil, satan and the bottom less pit stemming from absolutely literal infinity, a unity without division."

To me, this is perfectly simple and easy to understand.

Everything, anything, any human mind can conceive and more is included in "absolutely literal infinity".

Anything... you can think of ... and more....

Good?  yes

Evil? yes

satan? yes

bottomless pit?  yes

an overflowing pit?  yes

blue jeans?  yes

neck tie? yes

duck? yes

lint? yes

cars? yes

trucks? yes

busses? yes

a canoe? yes

a raft? yes

a cup? yes

a plate? yes

etc...

Yes, but isnt it a contradiction that the devil )or satan If you wish) is an aspect of god?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Yes, but isnt it a contradiction that the devil )or satan If you wish) is an aspect of god?

No.  Why do you think so?

Spoiler

satan is a concept possessed by God, defined in large part by God's disdain for it

think of it like cilantro?  cilantro is defined as "soap" to my wife.  "Yucky"

satan is God's cilantro.  You heard it here first, bro :)  It's defined as something which is being cursed by God.  God doesn't like it, Yuck.  That's the concept commonly known as satan ( basically )

Edited by Daniel

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

No.  Why do you think so?

Hide contents

satan is a concept possessed by God, defined in large part by God's disdain for it

think of it like cilantro?  cilantro is defined as "soap" to my wife.  "Yucky"

satan is God's cilantro.  You heard it here first, bro :)  It's defined as something which is being cursed by God.  God doesn't like it, Yuck.  That's the concept commonly known as satan ( basically )

Why does god, as you labled all powerfull and benevolent, dislike parts of his own creation?

Edited by NaturaNaturans

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Why does god, as you labled all powerfull and benevolent, dislike parts of his own creation?

Because it's needed for their function.

Think of it like a spring.  The spring needs to be flexed in order to function.

Malevolent forces need to be cursed in order to function.

Edited by Daniel