Daniel

Who or what is "satan"?

@cobie,

Do you have anything readily available?  Dragon myths?  Something friendly?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

I dont understand.

In America, we call it "the blame game."  Do you have something similar in your own native language?

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

In America, we call it "the blame game."  Do you have something similar in your own native language?

No

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

@cobie,

Exactly, the dragon slaying myth is a perfect example: slay the dragon (serpent/monster) and youre a hero who will be rewarded.

Just now, Cobie said:

@NaturaNaturans  imo you are stuck in you head in Scandinavian mythology (like Jörmungandr in Norse mythology, the evil serpent that encircled the world, biting its own tail).

This is not scandinavian myth, it is indo european myth/mind set. Google the cattle raiding myth If interrested.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It is the basis of european Notion of herioism, really. You even find it in shrek haha

Edited by NaturaNaturans

Just now, NaturaNaturans said:

This is not scandinavian myth, it is indo european myth/mind set. Google the cattle raiding myth If interrested.

That could be, idk. Not really something I’m interested in. What was this thread about again? Scrolling up … righto, Satan. Lol, that doesn’t interest me either. Time to leave this thread. :lol:

1 minute ago, Cobie said:

That could be, idk. Not really something I’m interested in. What was this thread about again? Scrolling up … righto, Satan. Lol, that doesn’t interest me either. Time to leave this thread. :lol:

Thats fine.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Daniel said:

@cobie, … Something friendly?

Hmm … you got a point there. I will delete some of my posts.

Edited by Cobie

20 hours ago, Daniel said:

What are the characteristics of a serpent which distinguishes it from the others?

It is rising and striking.

What else?

It finds it impossible to 'kneel'  .

53 minutes ago, Daniel said:

@cobie,

Sure . It will be posted shortly.

Then immediately deleted .

:D

40 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

It is the basis of european Notion of herioism, really. You even find it in shrek haha

yeah .

WE got 'snake dreaming'   , creation serpent ... snakes are cool   bro  ... wuz up wit you ????

Yet I  assure you if you go 'outback' and camp out 'in nature' with some Aboriginals , one of the first things they might do is torch the camp site  before set up ... then you be camping in ash and charcoal ... can you guess why ? 

or you could talk to a farmer  or rancher that lives in brown snake territory .

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-24/why-the-venom-of-an-eastern-brown-snake-is-so-deadly/103620474

I am sure Daniel has      :D  

I used to be the local community snake catcher , many people have an unwanted fear of the many PYTHONS that can invade their houses , I would grin at them and catch them  ... but only pythons  ;) 

44 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Ohhh , dont go ..... I was so enjoying your empty deleted post boxes .   :(

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

@nungali,

Would you please enlighten us?  What are you able and willing to share about the rainbow serpent?

But Daniel ... I have been trying to enlighten you for some time now . But you got argumentative, irrational , denying, then put me on ignore, then broadcast to everyone how you are ignoring me, then you left, now you are back and now you ask for enlightenment  .

Oh, grasshopper  ..... I think you need to sit outside the monastery door in the snow for while first .

besides, many times here I have posted  on exactly what you are asking  .   I guess you missed it due to ...... you know , being so busy with all the 'stuff' you do .

2 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

No

Oh.  interesting.  Did you understand the phrase in English?  Have you heard it before?

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

But Daniel ... I have been trying to enlighten you for some time now .

It's not for me.  It's for our mutual friend who is struggling.  Are you not going to share information from the aboriginal mythology with him regarding the rainbow-serpent?

5 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Exactly, the dragon slaying myth is a perfect example: slay the dragon (serpent/monster) and youre a hero who will be rewarded.

I was referring to a friendly dragon.

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

It finds it impossible to 'kneel'  .

What else?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

No

Does this help?  Notice it's manipulation.  Marketing.  The blame-game exploits a frailty in the human mind.  If there isn't someone to blame already, then, a charismatic leader can manufacture one.  This is demonization.  The charismatic leader conjures a demon, do to speak, just so they have a common enemy to rally the people behind them.

The serpent is just such a common enemy.  Hopefully you're starting to see how unfair this is to friendly serpents who gave done nothing wrong.  They didn't choose to born a serpent.

I suppose it's useful to note that this charismatic leader doesn't need to be seeking a large group.  They could simply be looking for an individual to be their disciple.  If they are employing the blame game, it's likely they are predatory.  It's something to watch for.

Do they validate your aversions and encourage you to blame?  Then they use this common enemy as a way to bond with you?

Red-flag.  It's marketing and manipulation.

Edited by Daniel

Posted (edited)

@Nungali,

Do the aboriginal peoples fear or blame all serpents?

Do they learn from them?  It sounds like they respect them, and you do too?  That would be the reason you distinguish between the python and the others?

Edited by Daniel

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

The blame-game exploits a frailty in the human mind.  If there isn't someone to blame already, then, a charismatic leader can manufacture one.  This is demonization.  The charismatic leader conjures a demon, do to speak, just so they have a common enemy to rally the people behind them.

Oh no, I Get the concept. Scapegoat. The term, IMO, have a very funny back story. Allthough I think ive heard somewhere that that might be an mistranslation, and the hebrew word was refering to some sort of… spirit?

Posted (edited)

sorry Freddy the devil made me do it...

Edited by old3bob