Daniel

Who or what is "satan"?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Evil is not the topic

No , the topic is ' Who or what is "Satan"? ' and NOW , all of a sudden  YOU dont want people to go off topic   ... we will get back on topic and eventually hear your  enlightened answer  ... when you decide to deliver it by getting back on topic .

But dont you go off topic old3bob .

:rolleyes:

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

so - could it be ventured or even concluded "objectively" and or "subjectively"

that the OP might be off  topic reality-wise but just doesn't know it yet..

not completely unlike the quandary that multiple billions of us (or quadrillions times lots of "x's" for the fuller count?) are enlightened but just don't know it yet...

btw or not, 
I just read that apricot seeds are dangerous to our health so are they satanic or not, besides not being very chewable?

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, old3bob said:

:D  Of course.  It happens all the time.  Not just for me, but, for many eccentric passionate individuals. :D

There's two reasons to work to avoid "evil" in this thread:

1)  The concepts of "Evil" and "Satan" are conflated in error.  I think correcting this misconception has a lot of benefits.  That's tthe whole point of this thread.  "Evil" is also a difficult concept to define.  It would be useful to define both, Satan and Evil, for a more comprehensive treatment of this subject, but, I think it's best to define Satan first.  Of the two, Satan is the easier concept to understand.

2)  The individual who had inspired this thread is deconstructing from Christianity.  The word "evil" for them is very likely... for lack of a better word ... "painful" or "uncomfortable" because of the psychological hooks that Christianity uses to persuade.  When one is raised in a community which teaches that not being a Christian is "evil" and "sin" and sends someone to a "lake of fire", that leaves a sharp impression on a young mind.  When an individual is leaving Christianity, they will need to also distance themself from the notion that they are "evil" in the eyes of their family and friends who are still Christian whom they love.

Untangling that mess is not easy.  I was discussing this matter with a dear friend yesterday, an ex-Christian.  They advised avoiding using the word "evil" if at all possible.  And.  Since that was specifically what my friend, @NaturaNaturans, has said, his preference is to use words like, digusting, deranged ( I think ), or messed-up, it would be good for all of us to respect that in this thread.

Thank you,  

Edited by Daniel

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

we will get back on topic and eventually hear your  enlightened answer

It's not enlightened.  It's the product of research and contemplation.

I had almost completed wrapping this up yesterday evening, but, as most of us have experienced from time to time here on the forum, I switched to a different tab on my browser, and when I returned, the tab "refreshed" and all that Ihad typed was lost.  It was quite a lot of words.  I'll need to type it again.  

I had left the the tab to locate and include a picture of "Satan" which I think explains a lot. 

Here's the picture I was planning to use.  This is "Satan".  Do you understand what I mean by choosing this and why I think this is a good choice for clearing misconceptions on who or what is "Satan"?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240701_163105.jpg.19c20f1d41a3bb3c51cf64bd5b00d2f0.jpg

11 hours ago, old3bob said:

the OP might be off  topic reality-wise but just doesn't know it yet

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

:D  Of course.  It happens all the time.  Not just for me, but, for many eccentric passionate individuals. :D

The defense calls to the stand :  "The resting soul of Galileo"

For those who have a visceral reaction to the "Jewish Defense Attorney" imagery ( you know who you are... ) just consider this mood music.  The devil is invoked in the video.  So... yes, @Nungali, yes, it's officially on-topic.

Please enjoy, everyone.  We're allowed to argue and disagree.  Arguing doesn't mean that I don't love you all.  It's for a good cause.

Sincerely, 

14 hours ago, old3bob said:

not completely unlike the quandary that multiple billions of us (or quadrillions times lots of "x's" for the fuller count?) are enlightened but just don't know it yet...

btw or not, 
I just read that apricot seeds are dangerous to our health so are they satanic or not, besides not being very chewable?

Chewable is important to Satan  :

Minister in church , thundering from the pulpit ;  " And in hell, for the sinners, there shall be a great pain and suffering and a gnashing of teeth ! "

Old lady from up the back : " But I ain't got no teeth ! "

Minister :  " Well, then  ..........   The Lord shall provide teeth  in the afterlife for those of you  that do not have them ! "

;)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

It's not enlightened.  It's the product of research and contemplation.

I had almost completed wrapping this up yesterday evening, but, as most of us have experienced from time to time here on the forum, I switched to a different tab on my browser, and when I returned, the tab "refreshed" and all that Ihad typed was lost.  It was quite a lot of words.  I'll need to type it again.  

Perhaps Satan was looking over your shoulder and didnt like what you wrote ?

I had left the the tab to locate and include a picture of "Satan" which I think explains a lot. 

Here's the picture I was planning to use.  This is "Satan".  Do you understand what I mean by choosing this and why I think this is a good choice for clearing misconceptions on who or what is "Satan"?

Hide contents

Screenshot_20240701_163105.jpg.19c20f1d41a3bb3c51cf64bd5b00d2f0.jpg

I just reported you for  posting political comment in the wrong thread .

CO - BEEEE !    Someone needs reporting  for an infraction ! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I just reported you for  posting political comment in the wrong thread .

:D  Your comedy stylings are uniquely yours.  There is no other nungali.  There can be only one.  Love-it!  :D

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

CO - BEEEE !    Someone needs reporting  for an infraction ! 

Not necessary.

@Cobie knows what to do and when to do it.  

Edited by Daniel

12 minutes ago, Nungali said:

"... the Devil made me do it ... "

Naturally

On 6/27/2024 at 4:14 PM, Daniel said:

who or what is satan?

the one who refused to kneel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nintendao said:

.... the force:  "desiring-freedom". "refusing to kneel"

It's very important that it is understood as on-going action.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nintendao said:

What are the characteristics of a serpent which distinguishes it from the others?

It is rising and striking.

What else?

Edited by Daniel

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

What are the characteristics of a serpent which distinguishes it from the others?

It is rising and striking.

What else?

It is earthly, dirty and cold blooded, literally.

3 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

It is earthly, dirty and cold blooded, literally.

Dirty?  I've never seen a dirty snake.  Those are worms.

Also, earthy is, not something I agree with?

Have you ever seen a flying serpent?  I have. 

They are incredible climbers, amazing swimmers.  And, they can jump!

What does it mean to "shed", as in shedding their skin?  They're freeing themself.

What about their jaws?  Are they locked or are they free to open wide, wider, wider, wider....

The tongue?  What does it do?  Is it limited to one side or the other?  Do any others have a split tongue?

The ancient philosophers were brilliant, way ahead of their time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

dirty

Their scales shed dirt, naturally.  Their skin is beautiful.  Prized.  Snake skin boots?  You don't have them where you are?  Here you go, this is a reasonable price.  

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240703_085618.thumb.jpg.44d119fc348c9bbb7c85e1c9acc764a3.jpg

earthly

In a way, you're right.  But, only if I reinterpret it beyond what I think you're intending.

The serpent is being ( present-progressive, -ING ) pushed / cursed downward onto its belly.  But its for a good cause.

If it is ever NOT being pushed down, it would never, NEVER do what needs to be done:  rising and striking at tyranny.  Naturally, it's not going to like this.  But, this is its function.  And it's important.

Edited by Daniel

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Their scales shed dirt, naturally.  Their skin is beautiful.  Prized.  Snake skin boots?  You don't have them where you are?  Here you go, this is a reasonable price.  

Dirty and earthly metaphorically. Crawling along in the mud, in contrast to the noble eagle.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Dirty and earthly metaphorically. Crawling along in the mud, in contrast to the noble eagle.

Serpents swim.  Serpents climb trees.  Serpents jump.  Serpents do not get dirty because of their "magical" skin.

Apply your metaphor.  What does that tell you?  

Please?

Edited by Daniel

51 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Can the eagle swim?

Just now, Daniel said:

Serpents swim.  Serpents climb trees.  Serpents do not get dirty because of their magical skin.

Apply your metaphor.  What does that tell you?  

Please?

I dont understand. Eagles and lions and bears are majestic creatures. Serpents are the opposite. In the european mind at least.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Eagles and lions and bears are majestic creatures.

A bear?  Bro. Have you ever seen a bear attack?  

Serpents are the opposite.

Why?

In the european mind at least.

Are you sure?  All Europeans?  Or just a large number of Christians, relative to your own life experience,  who happen to the ones you are aware of?

How is this conclusion just?

Friend, do you want to hate the serpent?  Do you need a demon to blame?

Edited by Daniel

@nungali,

Would you please enlighten us?  What are you able and willing to share about the rainbow serpent?

6685c7d930217_Screenshotfrom2024-07-0314-50-40.png.155f820c476177470aacbfb526f27c19.png