daojones

Need helping finding fecal transplant donor (USA)

I got a c. diff infection after surgery, and I have to get a follow up major surgery in 2 weeks.

I was told to get a fecal microbiome transplant, which is basically you ingest frozen poop in a capsule form, as this has a very high efficacy rate.

The thing is I need to get a donor for it. And I'm in LA for this surgery, but I'm from Canada, and I don't know anybody here. I tried to ship from a donor in Canada but UPS kept denying it for various reasons. I'm under a really big time crunch to get this done as soon as possible because of the upcoming surgery that I cannot cancel. 

Thought I'd reach out to the community to see if there's anybody who could help.

The health of the donor is really important because properties of that person can transfer over. If you are interested to help, please check out the link below for screening questions to see if you're a fit.

https://humanmicrobiome.info/fmt-questionnaire/

Send me a PM if you want to discuss.

Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2024 at 3:56 PM, daojones said:

I got a c. diff infection after surgery, and I have to get a follow up major surgery in 2 weeks.

I was told to get a fecal microbiome transplant, which is basically you ingest frozen poop in a capsule form, as this has a very high efficacy rate.

The thing is I need to get a donor for it. And I'm in LA for this surgery, but I'm from Canada, and I don't know anybody here. I tried to ship from a donor in Canada but UPS kept denying it for various reasons. I'm under a really big time crunch to get this done as soon as possible because of the upcoming surgery that I cannot cancel. 

Thought I'd reach out to the community to see if there's anybody who could help.

The health of the donor is really important because properties of that person can transfer over. If you are interested to help, please check out the link below for screening questions to see if you're a fit.

https://humanmicrobiome.info/fmt-questionnaire/

Send me a PM if you want to discuss.

I would like to offer you some help.  

As you probably already know C. Diff is a spore forming bacteria meaning that if you use antibiotics to treat it, it forms spores to wait out the antibiotics. 

C. Diff also produces toxins which are so potent many people have died from them.

Most people on earth already have C. Diff in their GI tract, but they have enough good bacteria that out competes the C. Diff, and it never becomes a problem.

The fecal transplant you are referring to helps re-introduce species that can out compete and out populate C. Diff. and fix the problem for most people. 

Years ago I had an infection that was monstrous.  They put me on every class of antibiotic and then some.

I swallowed the spider to catch the fly as it were.

I cured one infection, but in turn caused a C. Diff infection.

For about 3 years I was having to drink a large glass of homemade kefir 3x a day to help combat it.

If I stopped the Kefir treatment the C. Diff would return.

This is because the probiotics in the Kefir were transitory and did not colonize the GI tract well.

Through research I discovered a bacteria, a beneficial spore forming bacteria which can colonize the GI tract, and can out compete C. Diff

Bacillus Coagulans.

So I made a kefir using  Bacillus Coagulans, letting the milk sit out for 10 hours to ferment.  I would empty a capsule into a jar of milk and place a lid on it. 

I drank this every day for a few months and it cured my C. Diff infection I struggled with for years.

The brand I used was THORNE Bacillus Coagulans.

I hope this helps you cure your C. Diff.

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

I would like to offer you some help.  … C. Diff …

(I know nothing about c.diff., but ) I think that was very kind of you to post all that. :wub: 

• Like 2

@kakapo I just happened to have a container of mega sporebiotic in front of me as I read your post, and this contains bacillus coagulans. Thanks for the recommendation.

Years ago I had an infection that was monstrous.  They put me on every class of antibiotic and then some.

I swallowed the spider to catch the fly as it were.

I cured one infection, but in turn caused a C. Diff infection.

Ya similar issue, but still didnt beat the primary one and now I have this new problem.

I'll check out the thorne one. I'm guessing cheaper. Did putting the capsule in kefir help grow more of the bacteria you wanted?

Glad to hear you beat it!!! That's a long long war you waged.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, daojones said:

@kakapo I just happened to have a container of mega sporebiotic in front of me as I read your post, and this contains bacillus coagulans. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ya similar issue, but still didnt beat the primary one and now I have this new problem.

I'll check out the thorne one. I'm guessing cheaper. Did putting the capsule in kefir help grow more of the bacteria you wanted?

Glad to hear you beat it!!! That's a long long war you waged.

I had to open the capsule of Bacillus Coagulans into a jar of milk, cover it with the lid, and shake it up till mixed and let it sit out 10 to 12 hours to ferment. 

This takes a small dose, and allows it to grow into a megadose.

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1