2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Dont believe him Luke .    The FACT that Judasim did 'assert itself'  in other cultures  made it a major ingredient of the pudding of western culture we now have !

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Judaism/The-role-of-Judaism-in-Western-culture-and-civilization

Of course the Jewish people, and the values of Judiasm they (at least to some extent) embody, have had an influence on the wider world.  I don´t think Daniel means to claim otherwise.  Everybody influences everybody.  We live in a soup of humanity and, for better or worse, our flavors inevitably meld.  But what is true is that Jews don´t try to convert non-Jews to Judiasm.  There might be a few outlying cases, like when an observant Jew wants to marry a non-Jew, something like that.  But there´s no push in Judiasm to make everybody Jewish.  It just doesn´t happen.  

11 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

I really dont. It is just one faith out of maaaany. A relativley small one as well. Allthough ill admit that the etnic nature of it is foreign to me. Why do you keep tagging me If you think I hate you and just want to lecture me?

Its his ' style ' ... he WANTS to engender 'controversy' so he can 'put you right'  by lecturing you from his own perspective of ;

" Bro, I'm a smart guy.  My insight is razor sharp "

:rolleyes:

ADOS? Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule?

One step forward, two step back.

11 hours ago, Apech said:

Yeah what’s an ADOS?

Goodbye without the  I

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

«A wise man once said nothing at all»

Its probably a good idea when you are accused about having misconceptions about life from someone like Daniel !

Edited by Nungali

10 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Of course the Jewish people, and the values of Judiasm they (at least to some extent) embody, have had an influence on the wider world.  I don´t think Daniel means to claim otherwise.  Everybody influences everybody.  We live in a soup of humanity and, for better or worse, our flavors inevitably meld.  But what is true is that Jews don´t try to convert non-Jews to Judiasm.  There might be a few outlying cases, like when an observant Jew wants to marry a non-Jew, something like that.  But there´s no push in Judiasm to make everybody Jewish.  It just doesn´t happen.  

You have not my friend Gary have you   :D 

But its partly true - no official 'proselytizing '  ( but Daniel  didnt use that term did he ) ... otherwise  where are  you going to get someone to turn on your coffee machine at Shabbat ? 

Anyway, at least they won;t doorknock on  Saturdays .

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

No one needs  to assume anything , the definition is easy to look up

Please show me:

כי כל־העמים ילכו איש בשם אלהיו ואנחנו נלך בשם־יהוה אלהינו לעולם ועד׃

The keyword in focus, I think, is : אלהיו

I'll wait.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I have no idea what's going on here but for those who are interested exploring Judaism in its most profound form. "Zohar" is the book. 

Nobody asked, I know. Don't mind me. Continue with your debate :D

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Daniel said:

Imo most scriptures are a mess, take your pick and each can prove his point.

Spoiler

Micah 4 also says

“And shall come nations Many and say come and let us go up to the mountain of Yaweh and to the house of the God of Jacob and He will teach us His ways and we shall walk in His paths. For out of Zion shall go forth the law and the word of Yaweh from Jerusalem. And He shall judge between peoples many and rebuke nations strong even to far off “
https://biblehub.com/text/micah/4-2.htm  and https://biblehub.com/text/micah/4-3.htm 

Edited by Cobie

@NaturaNaturans,

The key point in the post above is that Nungali claimed it would be easy.  But it isn't.

18 hours ago, Nungali said:

the definition is easy to look up if they dont know what it means

It's not easy, and Nungali doesn't know how to look it up.

8 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Nobody asked, I know. Don't mind me.

Please?  Share?

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Many nations shall come and say,

“Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
He will teach us His ways,
And we shall walk in His paths.”
For out of Zion the law shall go forth,
And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.”

This is Micha 4:5 not 4:2.

Parallel Translations from BibleHub:  In a spoiler to save screen-space.  Please ingore the outlier the NLT "idols" doesn't if tin context and that's clearly an outlier.  ( The word for idols would have probably been "illim", not "elohav" if it meant idols. )

New International Version
All the nations may walk in the name of their gods, but we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.

New Living Translation
Though the nations around us follow their idols, we will follow the LORD our God forever and ever.

English Standard Version
For all the peoples walk each in the name of its god, but we will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever and ever.

Berean Standard Bible
Though each of the peoples may walk in the name of his god, yet we will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever and ever.

King James Bible
For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.

New King James Version
For all people walk each in the name of his god, But we will walk in the name of the LORD our God Forever and ever.

New American Standard Bible
Though all the peoples walk, Each in the name of his god, As for us, we will walk In the name of the LORD our God forever and ever.

NASB 1995
Though all the peoples walk Each in the name of his god, As for us, we will walk In the name of the LORD our God forever and ever.

NASB 1977
Though all the peoples walk Each in the name of his god, As for us, we will walk In the name of the LORD our God forever and ever.

Legacy Standard Bible
Though all the peoples walk Each in the name of his god, As for us, we will walk In the name of Yahweh our God forever and ever.

Amplified Bible
For all the peoples [now] walk Each in the name of his god [in a transient relationship], As for us, we shall walk [securely] In the name of the LORD our [true] God forever and ever.

Christian Standard Bible
Though all the peoples walk in the name of their own gods, we will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever and ever.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Though all the peoples each walk in the name of their gods, we will walk in the name of Yahweh our God forever and ever.

American Standard Version
For all the peoples walk every one in the name of his god; and we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God for ever and ever.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Because all of the nations shall walk, each man in the name of his god, and we will walk in The Name of LORD JEHOVAH our God for eternity, and to the eternity of eternities

Brenton Septuagint Translation
For all other nations shall walk everyone in his own way, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.

Contemporary English Version
Others may follow their gods, but we will always follow the LORD our God.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For all people will walk every one in the name of his god: but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.

English Revised Version
For all the peoples will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
All the nations live by the names of their gods, but we will live by the name of the LORD our God forever.

Good News Translation
Each nation worships and obeys its own god, but we will worship and obey the LORD our God forever and ever.

The word in focus is "elohav". Would someone's belief in "elohav" during the end of days contradict Jewish montheism?  That's the question.  In context.

Edited by Daniel

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Nungali said:

no official 'proselytizing '  ( but Daniel  didnt use that term did he ) ... otherwise  where are  you going to get someone to turn on your coffee machine at Shabbat ? 

Anyway, at least they won;t doorknock on  Saturdays .

Knock-knock

Boo.

Please enjoy some mood music.  Now this... is an important question:

@NaturaNaturans?  Have you heard of these people?  They're a gnostic rock-band? The lyrics, man, the lyrics?  The vocals?  The keys??!! )

[spoiler="Knower - Do Hot Girls Like Chords?"]

[/spoiler]

Edited by Daniel

The ‘best jokes’ award goes to Nungali! :)

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

FYI:  I saw your edits.

Ive done two Edits in this thread. One was done one min after i posted it, the other the same minute… I hope the others here double check this so they can determine your integrity themself….

Btw Daniel, at this point im not really reading Your posts anymore, just skimming trough them for the laughs. It is interresting from an antropological standpoint

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Btw Daniel, at this point im not really reading Your posts anymore, just skimming trough them for the laughs. It is interresting from an antropological standpoint

Good to know

Posted (edited)

I always write and post my first rough draft, then edit straight away (as in the past the drafts sometimes disappeared). Daniel quotes the first draft. Whatever. <_< 

Edited by Cobie

Posted (edited)

I skimm through Daniel’s posts as sometimes there’s info, but mostly it seems to me ‘polemic for the sake of polemic’.

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cobie said:

polemic for the sake of polemic’

Hopefully you've noticed this thread is not that.

On 7/5/2024 at 4:23 PM, Nungali said:

Chosen people'  means the other lot are not  chosen by God  ....

But according to Danial  ;  " Um, no. "   -  I think you better run that one by your Rabbi

Yes, my Rabbi says you weren't chosen to be born from my mother's womb.

You were chosen to be born from your mother's womb.

Assuming that not being chosen to be Jewish precludes other divine purpose is stupid.

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 4:23 PM, Nungali said:

Chosen people'  means the other lot are not  chosen by God  ....

Nungali,

Please name one thing you cannot do because you're not born Jewish, because you aren't a chosen person?

One thing from which you are excluded?  Can you name anything?  Anything at all?

The point is, your objection is meaningless.  Not "Chosen" by God is phrase with no practical limitations at all. You can do whatever you want.  Just don't lie about your heritage.  Is that too much to ask?

Edited by Daniel

On 06/07/2024 at 11:35 AM, Daniel said:

Please show me:

The keyword in focus, I think, is : אלהיו

I'll wait.

Typical Daniel lame ploy .

What you do is , you  type the word followed by 'meaning' into your google search box .

Of course you would have to type the ACTUAL word that was used .... not some other word written in Hebrew .

:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

@NaturaNaturans,

The key point in the post above is that Nungali claimed it would be easy.  But it isn't.

It's not easy, and Nungali doesn't know how to look it up.

I  dont even know if you are capable of understanding what we where even talking about anymore .

But if it makes you happy and triumphant ...

No folks , Nungali does not even understand what henotheism means  .

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Knock-knock

Boo.

Please enjoy some mood music.  Now this... is an important question:

@NaturaNaturans?  Have you heard of these people?  They're a gnostic rock-band? The lyrics, man, the lyrics?  The vocals?  The keys??!! )

[spoiler="Knower - Do Hot Girls Like Chords?"]

[/spoiler]

No thanks daniel

I like different style of music  lyrics with a deeper meaning and 'gnosis'  ;