Daniel

Axioms Against Cognitive Distortion

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Egyptian one  was not the  the oldest form

Nungali, you said it was Egyptian, then immediately corrected me ( and started mocking me ) for saying it was Egyptian.  

That's a massive flip-flop.  You had a knee-jerk reaction.  It's what you do.

Edited by Daniel

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

… flip-flop. …

Yeah flip-flops. Summer!

image.jpeg.860fc4ef8f649eac1372c4058f34288a.jpeg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Daniel said:

It is.  I posted a screenshot, which you, of course deny.

Screenshot_20240707_162335.jpg.30739a6c5457f3409c9ff1f939bc8aa8.jpg.d7fe7df563d8d5d73d0b35380b503020.jpg

I am  not only not denying it, I am going to use it as proof !

Not only had  you confused hexagram with pentagram , now you are confusing pentagram  with  'pentalpha'  .

Check your Jewish SOURCES   - I am surprised someone like you went to an hermetic source other than the traditional Jewish source for your information regarding 'traditional Jewish stuff' ( which you claim to have some knowledge in )

'The Testament of Solomon '

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1450398?seq=2

" the archangel Michael brings him a ring, of which the
stone was engraved with a pentalpha. This ring endow
its possessor with power over all demons.

A pentalpha is in the form of  ' 5 'A's in a star .

Now, unless we are assuming it was a time traveling angel and presented a ring engraved with 'A's in English   ( which would form a pentagram  - the COMMON MISTAKE )  the 'A's  would have been alphas , as the name so obviously suggests .

I would like to see an image of these 5 alphas forming a pentagram...  from traditional Jewish sources ,  you showed as 'proof' in your ring example a pentagram  ring with names on it  ... which was clearly an example of an HERMETIC misunderstanding ( and a modern 'goetic product'  - which I pointed out was  ; " Dude, that is hermetic !'  )  of the original text .

But go on .....   keep digging your way out ... by digging the hole deeper .

16 hours ago, Daniel said:

I'm not affected by your bullying Nungali.  You can't push me away from this forum like you do to others. 

Just like last time, when you were caught talking out of your ass, and I showed you, you started lying and putting on a circus performance to distract from it.  That's when I put you on ignore.

Nope . You did the same thing as you are doing here and now .

You put me on ignore , then posted a whole page of ignored posts to prove to everyone how you where ignoring me .   :D 

Cant you see the (your ) problem there  ?

Then YOU took a break,  you came back a bit more reasonable ... for a moment . The quickly got worse .

Maybe you need more than a break ?  .... suppressing it seems to have made it worse .

15 hours ago, Daniel said:

Nungali, you said it was Egyptian, then immediately corrected me ( and started mocking me ) for saying it was Egyptian.  

That's a massive flip-flop.  You had a knee-jerk reaction.  It's what you do.

editing my  responses as a part quote ... again !   And I wasnt mocking you for saying it was Egyptian , I was pointing out two things

1. You got confused between a pentagram and a hexagram , and others noted that .

2. You got confused about a pentalpha - orogonal Jewish form ( which you wher supposed to be citing  ) and the hermetic form of a pentagram .

The quote means nothing out of context ... besides I already admitted I might be wrong and how Sumerian and Chinese forms might be older .

I would say, your above REACTION is more like   what YOU do .

7 hours ago, Cobie said:

Yeah flip-flops. Summer!

image.jpeg.860fc4ef8f649eac1372c4058f34288a.jpeg

Thongs ...  down here we use them to help people 'get sensible ' 

Go to the original source.  Identify and Avoid Aggregators

Actively Seek Out the Opposing Point of View.  Internet Search Algorithms reinforce false stereotypes.

The keyword above is "Actively".  It's been studied and is well known to many that internet research does not produce fair and balanced information.  By default internet search engines filter and sort results based on what it feels the individual will "like", and, these search algorithms are very good at it.  The results, therefore, reinforce prejudices and stereotypes.  The remedy is to do the hard work of actively seeking the opposing point of view.  This is a human endeavor.  The AI embedded in the search engines and social media are working against the curious non-biased human mind.  Consuming whatever the AI presents to you produces cognitive distortion.  The Human mind is being replaced by the AI's.  You are what you eat.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 2:16 PM, Daniel said:

Certainty is the end of all learning. Agnosticism is your friend.

Are you certain of this?

Asking for a friend...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

Are you certain of this?

Yes.  It's a special case.  An exception.

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

Asking for a friend...

Your friend is brilliant.  Please send my regards.

Posted (edited)

Stop Making the Same Mistakes:  Learn from your own and from all the others.

Probing deeply to understand from multiple points of view is extremely useful as a balm against cognitive distortion.  Don't be afraid to set aside your bias to learn how the other is thinking and feeling.  It's only temporary.  After the investigation, apply what you've learned.  Stop making the same mistakes.  The cycle of chaos, conflict and violence will never end unless we ALL stop making the same mistakes.  The remedy:  Listen curiously, embrace it, learn its secrets, identify the underlying faults, make a good plan to prevent them in yourself and in others projecting into the indefinite future.  

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

image.png.0482fc8049a148a847022475e4ea060a.png

You do, Nungers?  You take your own advice?  Prove it!

• Sad 1

Of course folks .... it never entered his mind  that it could have been aimed at him .

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Of course folks .... it never entered his mind  that it could have been aimed at him.

Nungali, are you saying that you *don't* take your own advice? 

54 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

... the Chewbacca defense...

Natura-Naturans, do you take your own advice?

57 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

... none of this makes sense ...

Natura, it doesn't make sense to you.  Because you are impatient.  Possibly due to factors beyond your control.  If Nungali will answer the question, then, it will make sense within about 3 posts.  If Nungali refuses to answer the question, that shows his cowardice and shows that he knows I have him backed into a corner where he will only look foolish.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

… backed into a corner looking foolish, sooo scared now. 🙄 
image.jpeg.87b92509a776509f19a01ccb6ed54c77.jpeg

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nungali said:

sarcastic09.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=c9be2b325

Nungali, you're speechless??!!  Let's mark it on the calendar!  It's a first.

Edited by Daniel

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

mad-internet1.jpg?w=584&key=599bcec1bfc2

Cobie, please render this into an axiom against cognitive distortion?

• Sad 1