Cadcam

Psychotic behavior resulting from occult study.

11 hours ago, stirling said:

Repeated personal experience builds confidence, and therefore faith that the practice works. This is the basis for any faith in meditative Buddhist, anyway.

I can see the non-dual quality of reality in any moment, anywhere. Most people I have trained can learn to do the same with some difficulty, though not necessarily at the level of insight. Once there is insight, there will be a future moment where seeing non-dual reality as it is is permanent. 

It can be that, OR it can be entirely without anything but Self (or "empty" as my team-mates would have it). This non-dual insight is the view from enlightened mind in any tradition.

I think we essentially agree on these points?

on some of the points,  Btw. "non-dual insight' could also be an intellectual projection which most anyone could make...thinking they are enlightened since they have it down intellectually.

13 hours ago, old3bob said:

"I can see"  sounds nice but which I is that for if I no longer exists per its Total dissolution then who is talking?  (could be a more refined whatever)  

If it would entertain you we could attempt to talk without using subject/language? There is a certain percentage of the neo-Advaita population that eats that stuff up. I don't think it is particularly helpful. :) 

"Enlightenment with remainder" is what we call enlightenment where there is still the experience of personhood, but it is always seen through as a delusion. In this case there is realization that "awareness" or "Self" or Rigpa, or whatever term you prefer is what the phenomenal world is comprised of, but in the presentation and appearance of that world, the previous "self" and the dualistic world are still present. Still, however, it is obvious that those constructs are "empty". This is the meaning behind the famous Heart Sutra phrase:

form is no different to emptiness, emptiness no different to form.

That which is form is emptiness, that which is emptiness, form.

Sensations, perceptions, impressions, and consciousness are also like this. - Heart Sutra, Buddha

...form in this case referring to duality and its appearances. 

There are two types of nirvana: sopadhishesa-nirvana literally "nirvana with a remainder", attained and maintained during life, and parinirvana or anupadhishesa-nirvana, meaning "nirvana without remainder" or final nirvana. - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_(Buddhism)

Anyone who presents as a person and has complete realization is talking about the former. Does the latter even really exist? Who knows. Is it important to even believe in it? I don't think so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old3bob said:

on some of the points,  Btw. "non-dual insight' could also be an intellectual projection which most anyone could make...thinking they are enlightened since they have it down intellectually.

Believe it or not, it is usually fairly easy to tell if someone has decided to believe in it, vs. actually seeing its reality in this moment, especially in an in-person conversation. This is where having a good teacher to point out your delusions is useful. 

Non-dual insight isn't an intellectual projection, it is an experiential understanding. It is one thing to have it shape your belief system,  another entirely to see that the elements of this moment arising and passing are the fabric you once constructed an identity from. It is entirely different from a projection to understand that the once reified constructs of self, separateness of other "objects", space, and time are also constructed in this moment, here, from phenomena, thoughts, feelings arising now. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stirling said:

Believe it or not, it is usually fairly easy to tell if someone has decided to believe in it, vs. actually seeing its reality in this moment, especially in an in-person conversation. This is where having a good teacher to point out your delusions is useful. 

Non-dual insight isn't an intellectual projection, it is an experiential understanding. It is one thing to have it shape your belief system,  another entirely to see that the elements of this moment arising and passing are the fabric you once constructed an identity from. It is entirely different from a projection to understand that the once reified constructs of self, separateness of other "objects", space, and time are also constructed in this moment, here, from phenomena, thoughts, feelings arising now. 

"fairly easy"  how convenient for the experts.  Btw I don't buy into all your Buddhist jargon usage as an end all.

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

On 10/07/2024 at 11:24 PM, Cadcam said:

Other people … prevents living in the bnr moment.

my highlight 

And we’re back again to blaming “other people”. Bye 👋 

Edited by Cobie

22 minutes ago, old3bob said:

"fairly easy"  how convenient for the experts.  Btw I don't buy into all your Buddhist jargon usage as an end all.

I intentionally use as little Buddhist jargon as possible. The post you are citing is entirely in English, isn't it? No Buddhism in it. I'm using words in English on purpose, and as accurately as I can based on my experience.

Oh Bob. Does it really have to be so contentious?

• Like 1

Um, there isn't a language called Buddhism right?   Anyway take care and maybe later...

• Haha 1

Idk about what systems speak of no mind or nirvana.  I'm not trained nor do I really understand what it means for them, but thanks to having my intellect overcome by some force, I have had to learn to silence my mind. I no longer react with thoughts to things. I also don't dwell on subjects. I don't read or watch television, which helps keeping the mind quiet.

It's not the promise of liberation from suffering. While some suffering has ceased, new suffering has surfaced in the way of boredom.  I have control of my thinking, but find little to do or think about. 

8 minutes ago, Cadcam said:

Idk about what systems speak of no mind or nirvana.  I'm not trained nor do I really understand what it means for them, but thanks to having my intellect overcome by some force, I have had to learn to silence my mind. I no longer react with thoughts to things. I also don't dwell on subjects. I don't read or watch television, which helps keeping the mind quiet.

It's not the promise of liberation from suffering. While some suffering has ceased, new suffering has surfaced in the way of boredom.  I have control of my thinking, but find little to do or think about. 

I'll ask again .

Have you posted here before on Dao Bums under another name ?

5 hours ago, Cadcam said:

well if you are asking folks here could suggest a thousand+ things to help with boredom....

6 hours ago, Cadcam said:

Why do you ask? Is there someone with similar ideas?

Oh sure .... very similar .     Almost a twin I would say 

;)

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Cadcam said:

Why do you ask? Is there someone with similar ideas?

Your predicament is not uncommon.

Nungali holds grudges and attempts to be God of the esoteric forum, the section of the website where you're posting.

The "ignore function" is there for you if his posts become ... oppressive.

The one Nungali is thinking of got banned, I think, for spamming the website, FYI.

Edited by Daniel

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

Oh sure .... very similar .     Almost a twin I would say 

;)

Tell me who it is so I can read them, please.

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

Your predicament is not uncommon.

Nungali holds grudges and attempts to be God of the esoteric forum, the section of the website where you're posting.

The "ignore function" is there for you if his posts become ... oppressive.

The one Nungali is thinking of got banned, I think, for spamming the website, FYI.

How dare you !

I am God   OF THE WHOLE FORUM ! 

Tremble in fear before the face of your Lord O Daniel, for I come with mighty fire and lightening that shall punish the unjust ...... and any daobum poster with a beard .

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cadcam said:

Sorry, Daniel- the self appointed  forum police officer has arrived .   Anything I I could tell you would begin to be mocked, twisted and lied about by him . 

So I guess now, you will never know .

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cadcam said:

Try the ‘Esoteric and Occult Discussion’ subforum. Look for one that’s ‘helpful’ but a bit of a ‘demon’. Have fun. B)

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Cadcam said:

None of that matters. Seriously. You're here.  Please make yourself at home, as much as possible, virtually, among the jackals who attempt to dominate via bullying and mockery on internet forums.

Edited by Daniel

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

I am God   OF THE WHOLE FORUM ! 

kinda small and pathetic for a God aren't you?  What sort of power do you have?  Show us something ... esoteric maybe?  The product of your practice?  Can you demonstrate anything other than name calling and shallow retort?

What have you accomplished with your ... gnosis?  Anything?  What do you have to show for it?  Bees buzzing in your brain-places?

All bark and absolutely no bite?  Aren't you?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

kinda small and pathetic for a God aren't you?  What sort of power do you have?  Show us something ... esoteric maybe?  The product of your practice? 

Can you demonstrate anything other than name calling and shallow retort?

What have you accomplished with your ... gnosis?  Anything?  What do you have to show for it?  Bees buzzing in your brain-places?

All bark and absolutely no bite?  Aren't you?

image.png.f4539e06f71a03e93d7a12a1253a5f01.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

image.png.f4539e06f71a03e93d7a12a1253a5f01.png

Oh. My. God.

I am in love.  You rascal.

On 7/7/2024 at 6:13 PM, Cadcam said:

I was always a minor dabbler in occult and mystical things, casually reading and adopting different magical ideas, but then a spirit got ahold of me and I stumbled into serious belief, yet, I did not know what to believe.  I started searching and what I found led me to pain and madness. I found myself living out ideas that evolved on their own, and started overlaying my daily waking awareness mixing with dream and fantasy. I would act out in response to the hallucinations. Eventually these fantasies would break, and I'd wind up in a deep depression. This has been going on for 20 plus years, and after this last psychosis, I think I have broken this curse, because all of the ideas and experiences culminated in a total breakdown. Crossing my fingers.

Have you seen a mental health professional?

• Like 1

Oh. My. God.

Yes O Daniel , what do you want  ? 

Praying to me again ?    It seems to go like this     :   flattery,   flattery,   flattery  ... then ask for something . 

I am in love. 

We realized that some time back   ....

"Hey everyone , look! There is a really handsome guy under the water over here !  "

image.png.aff34e6200fe632dc2b97821e5e0881a.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Nungali said:

image.png.f4539e06f71a03e93d7a12a1253a5f01.png.5088bd9d2a3c5c85ca5c799065857872.png

Yes O Daniel , what do you want  ? 

Well beautiful.  Since you asked.

You're cute.  Do you know that.  You model?  Those puppy-dog eyes.  The come hither expression.  I could make you very happy.  I have a big house.  A fenced yard.  I have a cabin in the woods.  We could have a lot of fun together.  Adventure?  I'll take you to the mountains.  Would you like that?  Along the ridges.  Into the valleys?  We have rain-forests here.    The smells.  We could smell the smells together.  I'll take excellent care of you.  Your quality of life would be among my top priorities.  You'll be happy with me.  I'm practically retired.  Occasionally I'm needed in person, but most of my work happens via video conference, email, etc.  We could spend almost all our time together, if you want.  Or not.  I have plenty of room for you at my place.  You could have your private time.  I would respect your space and privacy.

I even have a special friend for you in my household.  Tilly.  Matilda Jane, in full.  She is my little angel.  You will love her.  Everyone loves her.  She is the goodest. You can play.  She will be your friend, too I promise.

And.  When it's time.  For you to move on.  I won't prolong your suffering.  No matter how much I love you.  I'll do what needs to be done.  Yes it will hurt.  It will hurt a lot.  But I'd rather weather that storm myself than subject you to any kind of excessive suffering.  And this is not my first rodeo.

I only have one rule.  At night you will sleep in your own kennel at night.  You'll be in the bedroom.  And we have a special spot for you.  Very close.  As close as close can be.  You'll be in your own bed, right next to my wife.  On her side on the nightstand.  Tilly's over with me, on my side, on my night stand.  But you'll have your own special place.  It's a nice spot.  Very close to mommy and daddy.  Very safe.  Very cozy.

What do you think?  Do you want to join my household?  There's a really nice dog park less than a mile from my home.  We can walk there everyday.  You can have whatever type of food you want.  The fancy stuff in the cooler?  No problem.  You want kibble.  Fine.  A blend?  Yes!  I'll cook for you.  Would you like that?  We can share.   I have an impressive library.  Some difficult to find items.  Things you would like.  When I see a rare gem, like you, and there's an opportunity, I seize it.  Carpe diem?  I suppose this is Carpe Doggo. 

Anyway.  Nungali?  Do you want to join my household?  You're so cute.  Come on.  It'll be fun.  I'll make sure.  I promise.

Edited by Daniel