Cadcam

Psychotic behavior resulting from occult study.

14 hours ago, Cadcam said:

Can't stand how my head feels. Hard to explain. 

It'll be ok.  Hopefully you're feeling better by now.  Are you sleeping at night?  Do you have a Dr?  Medical Insurance?  

It's good to at least have some medication, a prescription, pills.  in case you need them.  Especially if you aren't sleeping.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

It´s always good to take suicidal thoughts seriously

Not trying to argue, but, to provide a bit of balance:

It is normal and natural for "big thinkers" to struggle.  This is exacerbated by occult study because the studies encourage deep probing of very grand concepts, including but not limited to the nature of evil, darkness, taboo passionate desires, etc...

And this ignores that contemplating ceasing to exist is an initiation ritual in the more popular and available occult DIY books available online.  Ceasing to exist in the context of occult study is not suicide.  It is the first step , necessary, for rebirth.  And because of that, these thoughts are encouraged.  It's not suicidal.

Edited by Daniel

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Not trying to argue, but, to provide a bit of balance:

It is normal and natural for "big thinkers" to struggle.  This is exacerbated by occult study because the studies encourage deep probing of very grand concepts, including but limited to the nature of evil, darkness, taboo passionate desires, etc...

And this ignores that contemplating ceasing to exist is an initiation ritual in the more popular and available occult DIY books available online.  Ceasing to exist in the context of occult study is not suicide.  It is the first step , necessary, for rebirth.

Contemplating non-existence may have spiritual benefit (though it´s not on my personal greatest-hits list).  Besides the occultists you mention, I believe there are Buddhist practices where adepts are encouraged to imagine their deaths.  But  the OP mention of their thoughts on this matter was not in reference to any such practice or contemplation. It was in reference to psychological pain.  Plenty of people have passing thoughts where they wish they didn´t exist; probably most of us have had such thoughts.  In the vast majority of cases, such thinking does not actually lead to a suicide attempt.  Nevertheless, I think it should be taken seriously.  Even casual suicidal ideation is a sign that something isn´t right and needs to be attended to.  And under the right circumstances casual suicidal ideation can quickly turn into a definite plan.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

But  the OP mention of their thoughts on this matter was not in reference to any such practice or contemplation. 

It's the topic ( "title" ) of the thread.

Just now, Daniel said:

It's the topic ( "title" ) of the thread.

Yes, I know: the OP engaged in occult study.  That´s true.  But if you read the post I was responding to, the one which mentioned not wanting to exist, I think you´ll realize that this thought was in reference to psychological pain and not that study.  That, anyway, was my impression.  

• Like 1

I'm in pain, that is common, but when I said I didn't want to exist, it was from observing that there is nothing secure in life, and that compounded my pain. However, I wasn't suicidal. I was once very strong and accepted things of this nature,  but the prolonged suffering I've endured has left me weaker. I'm OK now, yes sometimes it is difficult to sleep. I am seeing a dr.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cadcam said:

I'm in pain

Your post reminds me of our previously departed member named Helpful-Demon.  If you are him?  I think his name is Mark?  It would be good to know if you are asking for help, or if you are looking for a community of like minded individuals where you can share your ideas.

8 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

psychological pain

It's normal under these circumstances.

Idk what I'm looking for, honestly. There's nothing anyone can do for me. I guess I'm just sharing and looking for a place to express my pain.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2024 at 5:41 PM, Sherman Krebbs said:

mmm, look these Fava beans....  Oh jeeze mister...  suppose I need to go get some coffee.   Kids, quick... 

I have fun in supermarkets .   otherwise they are too weird and boring .

Saw my mates wife but she didnt see me  , so when she wasnt looking  I slipped a whole carton of condoms , about 200, into her trolley and then got  in line  a few people  behind her on the checkout line . .....   'Beep !' ... it comes up on register   and she is  " Whats that?" the checkout lady holds them up . Other ladies in the line are giggling  " They are not mine ,  I dont need all them .... how did they get in there ? "

Me from the back of the line calling out :  " Yeah, sure lady !  " 

On 7/19/2024 at 3:48 AM, Daniel said:

Nungali, whatever you're talking about, it doesn't matter.  Let me make this simple.  If I see you are driving your car with four flat tires, I am compelled to say something.  If you get insulted, fine, I'll leave you alone.  On the other hand, if you start giving out bad advice, yes I will be there to correct you, for the sake of individual who is getting poor advice.  If you explicitly or implicitly state you will be doing magic, an exorcism, on someone without their consent, I will object to that, and probably report it. 

Done.  End of discussion.  

I consider this a 'towel throw in' .... could not meet the challenge to 'step outside '  * You have abandoned all previous claims ... knocked the pieces off the chessboard .... 'piked out ' .

* meaning, lets take it elsewhere- somewhere appropriate -  as its off topic here

2 hours ago, Cadcam said:

I'm in pain, that is common, but when I said I didn't want to exist, it was from observing that there is nothing secure in life, and that compounded my pain. However, I wasn't suicidal. I was once very strong and accepted things of this nature,  but the prolonged suffering I've endured has left me weaker. I'm OK now, yes sometimes it is difficult to sleep. I am seeing a dr.

Thats a tough realization  that IMO is true .... in the long term .

All is transitory .     Which might make the 'security' that can only exist in this one moment (or a bit longer if you are lucky ) all the more precious .

I am imagining your Dr can help with the sleep problem .  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cadcam said:

Idk what I'm looking for, honestly. There's nothing anyone can do for me. I guess I'm just sharing and looking for a place to express my pain.

Maybe start a new thread, since this one got hijacked?  I'm happy to read your posts as time permits.

I wish you well.

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

lets take it elsewhere- somewhere appropriate

Since you cannot remember what you post from one day to the next, there is no discussion with you.  I'm done.  Say what you will about me.  No one cares.

It was an attempt to 'de-hijack' the thread Daniel . 

In any case ,  my opinion on ' nothing secure in life'  is based on my experiences and observations in life generally and working close to sickness and death (medical )  and trauma and tragedy  ( refugees  and 'political prisoners' ) . 

Biased ?

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

Since you cannot remember what you post from one day to the next, there is no discussion with you.  I'm done.  Say what you will about me.  No one cares.

i care Daniel.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, silent thunder said:

i care Daniel.

Silent Thunder, why do you care about what Nungali says about me?

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

my opinion on ' nothing secure in life

Nungali, I liked your post.  You should have gotten a notification.  It was good advice.  See below.  That was less than 24 hours ago.

Screenshot_20240720_120740.thumb.jpg.b2b93b9b8e5bef785d80485f04918b47.jpg

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

Biased ?

Nungali, I liked your post.  You should have gotten a notification.  It was good advice.

Screenshot_20240720_120740.thumb.jpg.fcdd630854d6fb02a6e0897b4a8e8002.jpg

• Like 1

yeah , I saw that ... whaddya want ... a pat on the head ?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Nungali said:

yeah , I saw that ... whaddya want ... a pat on the head ?

Nungali, If you saw that I liked your advice, why did you defend your position and accuse me of attacking it as a result of a bias?  See below:

On 7/19/2024 at 10:26 PM, Nungali said:

In any case ,  my opinion on ' nothing secure in life'  is based on my experiences and observations in life generally and working close to sickness and death (medical )  and trauma and tragedy  ( refugees  and 'political prisoners' ) . 

No one doubted or challenged your credentials.  You don't need to defend yourself.

On 7/19/2024 at 10:26 PM, Nungali said:

Biased ?

Why ask this question?  To whom are you asking?  Are you talking to yourself?  You seem to be in such a rush to attack me, that you do not acknowledge or notice how often we agree.  The same thing happened in another thread.  

Edited by Daniel
  • Wow 1

I am feeling better, thank you all for your thoughts and concern. I don't have anyone I can vent these things to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was asking an 'objective ' opinion from OTHERS on this thread Daniel .

You are supposed to have me on ignore .

3 minutes ago, Cadcam said:

I am feeling better, thank you all for your thoughts and concern. I don't have anyone I can vent these things to. 

Treasure and 'extend this moment'  . 

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

I was asking an 'objective ' opinion from OTHERS on this thread Daniel .

" ...asking an objective opinion ... "   I don't know what this means.   

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

You are supposed to have me on ignore .

I clearly don't.  That doesn't make any sense at all.   However, I notice that you're not using the quote feature.  You're also not tagging me with the "@" feature.  It's very likely I will not notice your replies or be able to tell to whom you are are responding to if you post in this manner.