Turnip

Hello and some questions

Hi, I just joined. I've been practicing Pangu Shengong for a few months now. Before that I practiced Flying Phoenix for a little bit. Am still trying to map out the whole landscape of spiritual and energetic practices, lineages, systems, and teachers. Have read a fair bit of stuff posted on this site and it seems there's a lot of mixed opinions on these things as well. If anyone sees this and wants to respond, I must ask:

What do you practice?

Why do you practice?

What do you trust?

Why do you trust that?

Do you know anyone who you believe to be "enlightened" or very spiritually advanced? If so, what about them makes you think this?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Turnip. Welcome to the forum. :) There’s a “Flying Phoenix” teacher on the forum with an active thread. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 6:37 PM, Turnip said:

What do you practice?

Why do you practice?

What do you trust?

Why do you trust that?

Welcome to TDB, Turnip

I practiced Taiji for more than forty years.

It makes me every healthy is because it improves my breathing problem. Taiji is also known as a form of Qi Gong due to its emphasis in breathing.

I trusted its effectiveness of given me the health benefits and enhanced my physical conditions to perform everything to the best of my ability.

I trusted it is because through my long time practice that gives me nothing but good benefits with no side effects.

• Like 2

On 7/20/2024 at 3:04 PM, Cobie said:

Hi Turnip. Welcome to the forum. :) There’s a “Flying Phoenix” teacher on the forum with an active thread. 

Thanks Cobie :)

• Like 1

On 19/7/2024 at 11:37 AM, Turnip said:

1.What do you practice?

2.Why do you practice?

3.What do you trust?

4.Why do you trust that?

5.Do you know anyone who you believe to be "enlightened" or very spiritually advanced? If so, what about them makes you think this?

1.My own thing after 22 years of intensive practice. 
2. Part of life

3. Any system that works you out systematically over a period of time requiring discipline, effort and flows well with the dynamics of change 

4. Because I have changed completely 

5. We all are but most don't know it

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 6:07 AM, Gerard said:

1.My own thing after 22 years of intensive practice. 
2. Part of life

3. Any system that works you out systematically over a period of time requiring discipline, effort and flows well with the dynamics of change 

4. Because I have changed completely 

5. We all are but most don't know it

Thank you 🙏 

Not a problem. Just came back to refine point 2 a bit. Part of life meant not as another hobby/activity but as a natural thing to do according to the ever evolving nature of the soul.

• Like 1