Hi, does anyone else practice Pangu Shengong, or have any knowledge about the safety or efficacy of the system for healing and spiritual cultivation? 

I don't know about this qigong, but there are several old threads talking about it, I suggest you to use the search option and look it up

• Like 2

On 20/07/2024 at 3:51 PM, Turnip said:

Hi, does anyone else practice Pangu Shengong, or have any knowledge about the safety or efficacy of the system for healing and spiritual cultivation? 

@nyerstudent has practiced it long term 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Turnip I first learned it in 2016 and have practiced all levels since then. I’ve included other practices at times, but come back to PGSG regularly. What can I help answer?

• Like 2

Hi @nyerstudent , I have a few questions. What long term (extraordinary?) benefits have you noticed from your practice? Is there anything about it that stands out in comparison to other practices you’ve done? Have you noticed that there is any kind of ceiling to the spiritual and energetic growth gained, or does it continually get deeper and deeper over time?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

Hi @nyerstudent , I have a few questions. What long term (extraordinary?) benefits have you noticed from your practice? Is there anything about it that stands out in comparison to other practices you’ve done? Have you noticed that there is any kind of ceiling to the spiritual and energetic growth gained, or does it continually get deeper and deeper over time?

Thanks 

Hi, I’ll try to answer them one-by-one.

Long-term benefits:

I’m fortunate to not have many health challenges right now, so I practice mostly for the mental and emotional benefits. I find it contributes to a positive and constructive attitude. It makes me easier to be kinder to others. It also supports deeper and easier sleep for me.

Vs other practices:

I enjoy its flexibility and few restrictions on practice, and its safety. It’s a safe practice to learn and practice on your own, even for many hours a day (eg. if you have a serious condition). I also enjoy Master Ou’s lectures, which he now offers on Zoom. I find him a very impressive person and learning from him is one benefit to practicing PGSG. 

Ceiling:

I think the practice can go deep, but I’d probably recommend learning the other forms too. Some students also find that doing more qi healings opens them up and increases their sensitivity to the energy. The Advanced form is more potent for me than the others. But probably more important than the energy practices are refining one’s conduct as an individual. That is emphasized in the teachings more than the exercises even. I also find that the more you do the exercises, the more powerful they are.

Personally, I think that most qigong practices discussed on this forum can take you very very far, and it’s more a question of whether you gel with it enough to actually practice it, and whether you connect with the teacher / teachings.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nyerstudent said:

Hi, I’ll try to answer them one-by-one.

Long-term benefits:

I’m fortunate to not have many health challenges right now, so I practice mostly for the mental and emotional benefits. I find it contributes to a positive and constructive attitude. It makes me easier to be kinder to others. It also supports deeper and easier sleep for me.

Vs other practices:

I enjoy its flexibility and few restrictions on practice, and its safety. It’s a safe practice to learn and practice on your own, even for many hours a day (eg. if you have a serious condition). I also enjoy Master Ou’s lectures, which he now offers on Zoom. I find him a very impressive person and learning from him is one benefit to practicing PGSG. 

Ceiling:

I think the practice can go deep, but I’d probably recommend learning the other forms too. Some students also find that doing more qi healings opens them up and increases their sensitivity to the energy. The Advanced form is more potent for me than the others. But probably more important than the energy practices are refining one’s conduct as an individual. That is emphasized in the teachings more than the exercises even. I also find that the more you do the exercises, the more powerful they are.

Personally, I think that most qigong practices discussed on this forum can take you very very far, and it’s more a question of whether you gel with it enough to actually practice it, and whether you connect with the teacher / teachings.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that helps a lot!