Namaste, anyone here practice Gayatri mantra? Recently I came across Gayatri pariwar I really liked their books. I am planning to practice Gayatri mantra. If anyone practice please share your experiences 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You can pair the mantra chanting with meditation. Practice is best during dawn and evening, at the junctions of day and night.

I remember reading about the mantra by a  sage stating that the mantra should be pronounced precisely, as the sanskrit words have a lot of potency attached to them.  If it cannot be precise, then chanting it with love and feeling can achieve the purpose. 

There are videos in the net describing the chant.

Here is an article where you can find tips on the mantra...

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/soul-search/the-importance-of-chanting-gayatri-mantra-early-in-the-morning/photostory/107819231.cms?picid=107819254

Edited by Ajay0
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ajay0 said:

You can pair the mantra chanting with meditation. Practice is best during dawn and evening, at the junctions of day and night.

I remember reading about the mantra by a  sage stating that the mantra should be pronounced precisely, as the sanskrit words have a lot of potency attached to them.  If it cannot be precise, then chanting it with love and feeling can achieve the purpose. 

There are videos in the net describing the chant.

Here is an article where you can find tips on the mantra...

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/soul-search/the-importance-of-chanting-gayatri-mantra-early-in-the-morning/photostory/107819231.cms?picid=107819254

Thanks 👍 

On 7/22/2024 at 11:25 PM, Chang dao ling said:

Namaste, anyone here practice Gayatri mantra? Recently I came across Gayatri pariwar I really liked their books. I am planning to practice Gayatri mantra. If anyone practice please share your experiences 

It’s best to be initiated by a teacher. I’ve been practicing it for about 30 years now. If you do it, go from vocalized practice to silent practice as quickly as possible.

Mantras need to be practiced in a cycle. A 100,000 repetitions for each syllable  of the mantra. The gayatri has 24 syllables - so 2400,000 repetitions will make one cycle. 

Once you start, you can’t miss a day. If you do one set of 108 reps a day, it will take you ~ 60 years for one cycle. If you do 10 sets of 108 a day, it will take you 6 years. 

It might take more than 1 cycle for the effect to manifest. Just be aware of the commitment to practice it. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dwai said:

. If you do it, go from vocalized practice to silent practice as quickly as possible.

Yes I am currently practicing silently. I am getting magnatic pressure between eyebrows while chanting and I feel calm