dwai

Dropped identifixation

Identification: psychological orientation of the self regarding something (such as a person or group) with a resulting feeling of close emotional association

Fixation: an obsessive or unhealthy preoccupation or attachment

"identifixation" - an obsessive preoccupation or attachment to the psychological orientation of the self regarding something - in this case, one's identity.

It will be interesting to see how many folks here can recognize their self-identifixation, and how many can recognize whether they can actually identify with who they were 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years or longer ago?

It will be an interesting exercise, especially for those who have been posting here on TDB for a long time, to go back and read their own posts and see if they can see their present person reflected in them.

I, for one, find none. I often can't even remember what I said or wrote something in the past. When I come across old posts/documents, they seem to have no relation to this person. Strange! 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

Thats called  'Having a Grandpa  moment '.  

;) 

I wish I was that lucid.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, dwai said:

When I come across old posts/documents, they seem to have no relation to this person.

I've been doing this recently. That's the interesting thing about this forum. Over time, you can really appreciate the changes we undergo. I will read a post--- good, bad, or ugly and then look to see who wrote it. Sometimes I'm surprised to see that wrote it. I've gotten messages about past posts that I cannot even reconstruct presently. 

People (and I don't my past self from this) have a difficult time getting rebirth/reincarnation--- and wondering why we don't have past life memories--- but here we are going through ongoing massive rebirths all the time.  

Another reason to let it go and trust the "void."

• Like 2

Awareness , evolution, progress depends a LOT on memory .  So many times I have found ;

Me;  " Hey !  Dont do that , remember what happened last time ? "

Other; " No ..... what, something like this happened before ?" 

or someone who keeps doing something with bad results and keeps doing it even though they dont  like the results but cant seem to remember what results came from those actions before .   How are we going to get anywhere or improve if we can not remember the mistakes of the past that our 'knowledge base' is supposedly based on ?