3 hours ago, old3bob said:

the virtues of a soul at that point

I would appreciate elaboration on this.  And I am guessing other readers would benefit.  Not only those participating in this thread, but also others.  

Please?

At what point are you referring to?  I saw reference to cultivating compassion and wisdom.  That part I understand.  But I'm unclear on much beyond that.

Thank you,

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Jesus' God, Pauls' God is:  Absolutely Everything and More.

image.png.94d5711a15af0509335eaf6fd636284a.png

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I would appreciate elaboration on this.  And I am guessing other readers would benefit.  Not only those participating in this thread, but also others.  

Please?

At what point are you referring to?  I saw reference to cultivating compassion and wisdom.  That part I understand.  But I'm unclear on much beyond that.

Thank you,

the NT has a lot of  elaboration that one can start with....I don't know all the answers, besides people have to find out for themselves!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Daniel said:

… The Pharisee technique is an emptying of self, nullifying the self, becoming a completely empty vessel for divine will.  Will.  That's all.  Not God itself.  

Yes. I think Christianity kept that the same. Reminds me of Philippians 2:7

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/philippians/2-7.htm 

…  the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, King David's God, King Solomon's God, Jeremiah's God, Isaiah's God, Jesus' God, Pauls' God is:  Absolutely Everything and More.  Identifying oneself with this, is … impossible …

Yes. Definitely Christianity kept that the same. Reminds me of https://biblehub.com/text/2_corinthians/4-7.htm 

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

puzzle poetry :)

image.jpeg.f257be59e0832465f4a6706317550330.jpeg 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am old enough to remember a certain  Christian outrage about yoga becoming popular here . I had a rather 'progressive auntie'  yoga teacher that suffered it  ( church removed her right to rent a hall and other things ) . It still might exist in some hard core Christian groups .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

It is a way to validate the Yogi's teachings through a sort of adapted version of Christianity?  It's using ( abusing? ) Christian jargon for the purpose of preaching?

I don't know. Check this quote 

The Mahavatar is in constant communion with Christ; together they send out vibrations of redemption, and have planned the spiritual technique of salvation for this age. The work of these two fully-illumined masters—one with the body, and one without it—is to inspire the nations to forsake suicidal wars, race hatreds, religious sectarianism, and the boomerang-evils of materialism. Babaji is well aware of the trend of modern times, especially of the influence and complexities of Western civilization, and realizes the necessity of spreading the self-liberations of yoga equally in the West and in the East.

Well, he did want to preach the 'complete harmony' and basic oneness of  'original * Christianity '    and 'original yoga' . So it is not surprising he would 'massage'  some Christian beliefs and stories  so as to make things similar .

* one wonders what his sources where that lead to  his concept of original Christianity , or is it a  retro fit construct  to make it look like some type of Yoga .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well, he did want to preach the 'complete harmony' and basic oneness of  'original * Christianity '    and 'original yoga' . So it is not surprising he would 'massage'  some Christian beliefs and stories  so as to make things similar .

* one wonders what his sources where that lead to  his concept of original Christianity , or is it a  retro fit construct  to make it look like some type of Yoga .

His teacher Yukteshwar giri teach him original Christianity 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2024 at 9:00 PM, Chang dao ling said:

I don't know. Check this quote 

The Mahavatar is in constant communion with Christ; together they send out vibrations of redemption, and have planned the spiritual technique of salvation for this age. The work of these two fully-illumined masters—one with the body, and one without it—is to inspire the nations to forsake suicidal wars, race hatreds, religious sectarianism, and the boomerang-evils of materialism. Babaji is well aware of the trend of modern times, especially of the influence and complexities of Western civilization, and realizes the necessity of spreading the self-liberations of yoga equally in the West and in the East.

My vote?  If the Mahavatar is in Christ and Christ is in him then it is Christian.  If not?  Then not.  If not, it's borrowing jargon.  The intention may be pure, perhaps the technique works for himself and others?  It works, but, it's still not Christian.

In case it's helpful / informative:

In Christ = ( all four )

• Born again 
    • In water
    • In spirit
  • Baptism 
    • In water
    • In fire

Christ in oneself =

• In-dwelling of the spirit of truth
    • John 16

Edited by Daniel

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If the Mahavatar is in Christ and Christ is in him then it is Christian. 

@Chang dao ling, I feel very strongly, this is important.  It must be both:  Christ in him AND is in Christ.  Both.  Jesus is sealing the breach.

Matthew 12:25: “And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand”.

It needs to be complete. 

It can not be divided.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well, he did want to preach the 'complete harmony'

Complete.

Complete.  Harmony.

Harmony, not everyone singing in unison.  Not everyone marching to the same beat.  Not a single vibration cleaning out the impurities.

Integration without elimination or exclusion.  Everything in its proper place.  Jesus was pro-order, and anti-chaos.  That's the only way to have complete harmony.  Nothing is excluded, but, everything has a place and is in its place.  Boundaries, territories, laws, punishments. It's all good.  Ecclesiastes 3.  Turn, turn turn. 

Complete. Harmony.

Complete.

Edited by Daniel
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

If the Mahavatar is in Christ and Christ is in him …

(my highlight) 

This ‘if’ is moot - the quote didn’t say that. 

… then it is Christian. 

What the quote actually said is definitely not Christian. 

On 27/07/2024 at 6:00 AM, Chang dao ling said:

… The Mahavatar is in constant communion with Christ; together they send out vibrations of redemption, and have planned the spiritual technique of salvation for this age. The work of these two fully-illumined masters …

It gives the impression Jesus and Babaji: 
- are equals; whereas God has no equals.
- “planned” together; whereas Christians try to do God’s will.

On 26/07/2024 at 5:40 PM, Daniel said:

… The Pharisee technique is an emptying of self, nullifying the self, becoming a completely empty vessel for divine will.  Will.  That's all.  Not God itself.  …

This is because, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, King David's God, King Solomon's God, Jeremiah's God, Isaiah's God, Jesus' God, Pauls' God is:  Absolutely Everything and More.  Identifying oneself with this, is … impossible …

On 26/07/2024 at 11:59 PM, Cobie said:

… Christianity kept that the same .

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

On 26/07/2024 at 5:44 PM, Daniel said:

… It's using … Christian jargon for the purpose of preaching?

Seems so yes: 

On 27/07/2024 at 6:00 AM, Chang dao ling said:

... Babaji … realizes the necessity of spreading the self-liberations of yoga equally in the West … 

On 26/07/2024 at 5:44 PM, Daniel said:

… abusing? …

Technically yes, but not in intend I think. Christianity too, often links in with local religious beliefs and sometimes gets those beliefs totally wrong.  

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cobie said:

(my highlight) 

What the quote actually said is definitely not Christian. 

It gives the impression Jesus and Babaji: 
- are equals; whereas God has no equals.
- “planned” together; whereas Christians try to do God’s will.

Of course it cant be like that , as he would be a Christian .

This is the early version of the 'Jesus as Avatar '  , which 'makes' other avatars  'Christs' , hence equal in their mission and manifestation . Its a form of progressive revelation ; think , one profit after another , all valid but for different times . or in Baha'i progressive revelation ; all religions . Each of their 'founders' is a prophet , NO ONE IS GOD .

The Baha's have an identifying  ring seal  which shows these 'three planes of existence' in religion .

image.png.38520afc3411fc3e78a7ea8e338e0da8.png

;  God , The Prophets, the People  -  joined together  .

Edited by Nungali

regarding Christians 'levitating'  or flying  , I am reminded of the most famous perhaps  , and they didnt even start the flying ....

Simon Magus started it  and a jealous Christian knocked him out the sky  ;) 

- since people often dont know what I am talking about ;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Magus

In apocryphal works including the Acts of Peter, Pseudo-Clementines, and the Epistle of the Apostles, Simon also appears as a formidable sorcerer with the ability to levitate and fly at will.

The apocryphal Acts of Peter gives a more elaborate tale of Simon Magus' death. Simon is performing magic in the Forum, and, in order to prove himself to be a god, he levitates into the air above the Forum. The apostle Peter prays to God to stop his flying, and he stops mid-air and falls into a place called "the Sacra Via" (meaning "Holy Way" in Latin), breaking his legs "in three parts

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

regarding Christians 'levitating'  or flying  , I am reminded of the most famous perhaps  , and they didnt even start the flying ....

Simon Magus started it  and a jealous Christian knocked him out the sky  ;) 

- since people often dont know what I am talking about ;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Magus

In apocryphal works including the Acts of Peter, Pseudo-Clementines, and the Epistle of the Apostles, Simon also appears as a formidable sorcerer with the ability to levitate and fly at will.

The apocryphal Acts of Peter gives a more elaborate tale of Simon Magus' death. Simon is performing magic in the Forum, and, in order to prove himself to be a god, he levitates into the air above the Forum. The apostle Peter prays to God to stop his flying, and he stops mid-air and falls into a place called "the Sacra Via" (meaning "Holy Way" in Latin), breaking his legs "in three parts

I believe every religion has specific magic system what do you say?

8 hours ago, Cobie said:

I thought it would be nice to offer more than 'no'.  So, I did.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Nungali said:

… these 'three planes of existence' in religion .

上丹田 shang4 dan1 tian2 - UDT
中丹田 zhong1 dan1 tian2 - MDT
下丹田 xia4      dan1 tian2 - LDT 

image.jpeg.af2041e8240c6147f1a11e2b0d0d0717.jpeg

Edited by Cobie

Posted (edited)

@Daniel Saw this picture in a post by Giles https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/950-everyone-post-some-favorite-quotes/?do=findComment&comment=1036864 

bigstock-Chakra-Anahata-81529898.jpg?fit

The Heart chakra's symbol is a 6 pointed star. 
2 triangles, one pointing up and the other down to represent balance.

It is our center, with 3 chakras above and 3 below. @Nungali another one with “these 'three planes of existence' in religion.”

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Chang dao ling said:

I believe every religion has specific magic system what do you say?

I agree .   'Magic'  is the technology of religion,   attributed to 'miracles'  . Under the 'proper authority ' it might be permissible  and you could end up a saint (if you tow the correct  religious political line ) ... practice it by yourself ?  Well then, magic is work of the devil .... and so are you . 

The rituals of religion got adopted from magicians  / shamans .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cobie said:

Heart chakra's symbol is a 6 pointed star. 

The heart connects the whole body.

Does the heart chakra connect to the others?  Like a star?

• Like 1