I have a strong sense that stories work much better then facts, when it comes to getting your point accross and foster understanding. I struggle to put into words. Curious If you agree or disagree, and if so, why?

1 hour ago, NaturaNaturans said:

I have a strong sense that stories work much better then facts, when it comes to getting your point accross and foster understanding. I struggle to put into words. Curious If you agree or disagree, and if so, why?

Certainly .  Also 'information' seems better relayed  (accepted ) in a jingle or rhyme - just look at advertising .

Same with memory ;   the indigenous with expansive  oral recall do it via learning stories , not by  strings of facts . And song helps to remember the story better .

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

I have a strong sense that stories work much better then facts, when it comes to getting your point accross and foster understanding. … Curious If you agree or disagree, and if so, why?

Duh everybody knows that, it’s why e.g. Jesus often spoke in parables.  

… I struggle to put into words. …

Try putting it in a little story. :P 

Edited by Cobie

Both facts and stories have their use. Telling a story is more engaging and can lead to gentle transformation.

Facts are useful for confrontation.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cobie said:

Duh everybody knows that, it’s why e.g. Jesus often spoke in parables.  

Try putting it in a little story. :P 

«Let him who as ears, hear»