Apech

Supremely Unpopular Opinions

10 minutes ago, Nungali said:

is there a solution ?   Apparently, in some places, times and 'tribes'  .   Here in OZ , for a long time (and here that means loooong time ) things where a bit like that ; the 'wild west' , as it where  ( the archaeological record shows incidents of conflict and 'warfare' ; it was the 'Great Drought',  ( Ice Age ) very long, very harsh ) . Then came 'The Big Melt' , ice age ended , and the rainfall increased , life  and resources became abundant in 'The Great Island ' , so there was no more need for such conflict ... but people are what they are .... how to  create a system where land and resources  could be shared , where tribes could develop and explore their own 'identities' and uniqueness yet still  have connections and interactions that bind them together in various other ways ?

Wibalma ,  a Munga-nunga (  ‘artist as visionary’ ... and I would say , very relevant 'spiritual teacher ' or 'Prophet' )  arose  , came up with a system, others decided to adopt it and it still exists today . 

http://www.ifrao.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/31-1-Doring.pdf

The link looks interesting, will take a look later.

Is there a solution?  I think for there to be a solution, there's got to be, for starters, a real problem, not an imaginary one.  Clearly zonies are not a real problem, so there's no real solution to visitors from Arizona.  There's tens of millions of tourists coming here every year from all over the place, a source of both problems and benefits for the locals, but there's nothing particularly problematic about zonies specifically.  The real problem, in the meantime, is the roads that get clogged with traffic every day, so the real solution could be, e.g.,  well-developed (as opposed to near-nonexistent) public transportation. 

I think it's like that with every problem people face -- first, determine if it's real or imaginary, then ignore the imaginary problem but identify the real one, then see if it can be solved in a real meaningful way.  Morale might improve if this approach were to be implemented consistently -- at least gradually, at least at some hypothetical future time.  But that's not what I see happening.  In fact, the opposite is more the rule.  All emotions are misdirected toward imaginary or artificially created problems and diverted from the real ones.  The bigger the real problem, the less it is likely to be addressed, because if decision-makers benefit from creating and maintaining it, why would they bother pointing it out and trying to do something about it?  It's much more lucrative to create a make-believe problem that will siphon taxpayer money indefinitely toward a nonexistent or bogus solution -- considering most of it will find its way into the appropriate pockets.   

23 hours ago, Taomeow said:

The link looks interesting, will take a look later.

Is there a solution?  I think for there to be a solution, there's got to be, for starters, a real problem, not an imaginary one.  Clearly zonies are not a real problem, so there's no real solution to visitors from Arizona.  There's tens of millions of tourists coming here every year from all over the place, a source of both problems and benefits for the locals, but there's nothing particularly problematic about zonies specifically.  The real problem, in the meantime, is the roads that get clogged with traffic every day, so the real solution could be, e.g.,  well-developed (as opposed to near-nonexistent) public transportation. 

I think it's like that with every problem people face -- first, determine if it's real or imaginary, then ignore the imaginary problem but identify the real one, then see if it can be solved in a real meaningful way.  Morale might improve if this approach were to be implemented consistently -- at least gradually, at least at some hypothetical future time.  But that's not what I see happening.  In fact, the opposite is more the rule.  All emotions are misdirected toward imaginary or artificially created problems and diverted from the real ones.  The bigger the real problem, the less it is likely to be addressed, because if decision-makers benefit from creating and maintaining it, why would they bother pointing it out and trying to do something about it?  It's much more lucrative to create a make-believe problem that will siphon taxpayer money indefinitely toward a nonexistent or bogus solution -- considering most of it will find its way into the appropriate pockets.   

I just had a thought !

maybe that   sign got put up by the  people responsible for making the roads  flow better ?    I mean ,  you could front a few Mill $s  and improve the road network , or spent $2 putting up a sheet by the road  with a sign on it to shift blame .

B)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I just had a thought !

maybe that   sign got put up by the  people responsible for making the roads  flow better ?    I mean ,  you could front a few Mill $s  and improve the road network , or spent $2 putting up a sheet by the road  with a sign on it to shift blame .

B)

I wouldn't exclude the possibility.  Psyops and agent provocateurs never go out of style.  And they always pose as grassroots movements.     

The next unpopular thought came from looking at the index board here .  What if we combined some topics into one topic ?

' How to make your penis bigger by  using psychedelics .  '

The opinions of people living in certain parts of the world (e.g., Portugal) are actually popular, amongst a certain subset of locals (read:  tribe of 120, give or take 114)--supremely so.

I'm offering that as a supremely unpopular opinion.

undefined

1 hour ago, Mark Foote said:

The opinions of people living in certain parts of the world (e.g., Portugal) are actually popular, amongst a certain subset of locals (read:  tribe of 120, give or take 114)--supremely so.

I'm offering that as a supremely unpopular opinion.

undefined

Nonsense.

1 hour ago, Apech said:

Nonsense.

Not really ... Crumb had VERY unpopular opinions . If I posted SOME of his 'comics' here , I would be permanently banned .

He deliberately  explored the notion of   'sick'  , using  warped sexuality, abuse of children , under aged sex , perversion acts against babies .....

:(

'Keep on truckin'    .....    no thanks ! 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-22/wilson-robert-crumb-and-the-anti-child-abuse-campaigner/2850402

7 hours ago, Nungali said:

Not really ... Crumb had VERY unpopular opinions . If I posted SOME of his 'comics' here , I would be permanently banned .

He deliberately  explored the notion of   'sick'  , using  warped sexuality, abuse of children , under aged sex , perversion acts against babies .....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-22/wilson-robert-crumb-and-the-anti-child-abuse-campaigner/2850402

oh I see!

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Nungali said:

Interesting article.

More supremely unpopular work by Crumb, "A Short History of America":

A short history of America Robert Crumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

I thought this one was the best:

Reveal hidden contents

719IMAGE.jpg

I don't know that I ever saw that one, thanks!  That's more or less the revolution I envision...
|

My favorite dead thread.

If you were a cloud, and sailed up there,
You'd sail on the water as blue as air.
And you'd see me here in the fields and say:
"Doesn't the sky look green today?"

... If you were a bird, and lived on high,
You'd lean on the wind when the wind
came by,
You'd say to the wind when it took you away:
"That's where I wanted to go today!"

("When We Were Very Young" by A.A. Milne)

Now the unpopular part, I suspect:

• Like 2

Never anthropomorphise individuals of another species, you’ll end up getting eaten by your ‘friend’.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, Cobie said:

Never anthropomorphise individuals of another species, you’ll end up getting eaten by your ‘friend’.

Whaaat !?    The birds and possums  ?     .....  well, maybe  the birds , after I die .   But who cares ? I'll be dead then .... good luck to 'em ! 

• Haha 1

image.png.833d33d23b5b67b1c48b1ff15c1caeca.png

" Wot ?  me eat old Nungers ? You got to be kidding , yuk !   ( besides, he gives me honey ! "

• Like 1

Steve Erwin's best friend was a stingray ?   And it did that 'accidentally'  ?  or the stingray is my best friend  ? 

Are you having an obscure day today Cobie ?

Delete  ? 

• Wow 1

I much prefer these guys , more friendly and no sting .  I was diving with them off Ningaloo Reef Western Oz ;

image.png.2ac3550b52e4436fcfdc37def1cec692.png

Its supposed to be 'supremely unpopular opinions' not supremely unpopular videos '  .

• Haha 1

And the only other thing I will say on the subject is .... considering my experience and observations during 10 years working in a public hospital, including the mortuary .... that if you have cats .... make sure you have a cat door  , because if you dont and  you die inside with them, after a few days .......

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

.... make sure you have a cat door  , because if you dont and  you die inside with them, after a few days .......

Exactly, you are getting the idea now. 

7 minutes ago, Cobie said:

You look like a girl. :P

because I have long hair and shapely legs ? 

Sexist  !