Sign in to follow this  
Emaciated Ascetic

Training the Soul to do something

Posted (edited)

I have been repeating a Mantra of sorts for 8 Months now, day and night without any stops in attention and life being centered on this. It feels odd for me to stop, but I feel like is adequate practice to have the soul to do this instead.

It doesn't feel wrong, feels like a waste to stop in some ways because the mantra is horribly productive compared to anything else I could do. At the other end though, it feels right because my life would be consumed by this singular practice and this may allow me to do something new.

What are thoughts on this or training the soul to do something?

Edited by Emaciated Ascetic

First  you would have to explain to us what you mean by 'soul' it a VERY general amnd boad term . For example , that mantra is probably lodged in your unconscious by now, at least in the 'sub-conscious' ... some might think  that is their soul   ( I mean, they would not say , if they thought that ;" Oh yes, it is my subconscious ."  But if they described what they thought was their soul, another might rightly observe ; ": Oh no, that is your subconscious . "

So, there is that .  There is also  the issue that  your meaning of soul is 'valid' , then soul might not be the best thing to labor or restrict with such a task ... we have 'servitors' for that ... to manage things that we have refined (hopefully ) that we dont have to focus our 'attentive aware' parts of psyche on .

I am also curious about what the term 'horribly productive '    means ?   Sounds .... 'challenging'  .  :unsure:

• Thanks 1

PS

....  and why are you 'emaciated'   ... thats not good ....

Daniel  !    ... Get this guy some  chicken soup ! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Emaciated Ascetic said:

Years ago, Bill Gates was asked what the biggest difference between materially successful and unsuccessful people was.

He said the difference between a millionaire and a poor person was focus.

A millionaire can consistently focus on the same goal for a span of months or years.

While a poor person could not.

Developing focus and being able to commit to goals might be good.

But what would be the motive for training a soul or attempting to train the subconscious?

6 hours ago, Emaciated Ascetic said:

What do you want to accomplish after you've completed it?

Posted (edited)

"But what would be the motive for training a soul or attempting to train the subconscious?"

In this case, the practice doesn't generate any results or the same results if you don't do things yourself. I've considered servitors multiple times but it won't work. Just doesn't feel the same or do anything at all, even if by some essence it is more productive.

I figured since I had been doing the practice for so long the way I was, I could leave it to my soul to do things the same way I had. With the personal attention, variations, and personal motives; giving myself space to take on something new.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What do you want to accomplish after you've completed it?

I want to switch from psychic practices to learning Magic or Cultivation. What I was doing had to do with psychic practice purely, I mean I'd diversify things with communication and so on but that was about it.

Something calls out to me though that I may be destined for Magic, and it will provide far faster results. Just feels odd to leave everything, so I figured I'd give what I have to my soul and continue.

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

First  you would have to explain to us what you mean by 'soul' it a VERY general amnd boad term . For example , that mantra is probably lodged in your unconscious by now, at least in the 'sub-conscious' ... some might think  that is their soul   ( I mean, they would not say , if they thought that ;" Oh yes, it is my subconscious ."  But if they described what they thought was their soul, another might rightly observe ; ": Oh no, that is your subconscious . "

So, there is that .  There is also  the issue that  your meaning of soul is 'valid' , then soul might not be the best thing to labor or restrict with such a task ... we have 'servitors' for that ... to manage things that we have refined (hopefully ) that we dont have to focus our 'attentive aware' parts of psyche on .

I am also curious about what the term 'horribly productive '    means ?   Sounds .... 'challenging'  .  :unsure:

Well, Soul to me is kind of like the thing that says you're a person. I can avoid it and ignore it with asceticism, but soul still comes up sometimes, it feels more pleasant than unconditional love or bliss to me. Sometimes not so much. The feeling that I have something I guess.

It was horribly productive in the sense that it artificially generated the souls of Shamans that would be communed with me permanently. The essence of the practice was to be made of Shamans and prove a psychic cause to the universe rather one that had to do with the self or creator/things more natural. 

There were some very interesting mechanics to the practice that I could go into, like how things changed when you generated less shamans or the psychic purities varied with greater amounts. It was at an odd point where more didn't necessarily mean better.

But besides Psychic practices, I've uncovered an inheritance of a Blood Mage. It feels faster a lot more fulfilling, maybe more dreadful in a lot of ways; but there's also no way to rectify what was lost. The practice I had going was odd, in the sense that even with a servitor performing the task for you, you still wouldn't be gaining anything unless you did it yourself. It was an odd encryption of sorts and my mind can't move past it. So having my soul do it was the only way, but even then (after some time has passed) it leads to a different result. Just no way to go around your own personal action being important I feel.

Just want to try my hand at magic, feel like if it's what calls to me more. And as someone who is trying to be ascetic towards asceticism, I want to enjoy things even if that risks my personal progress.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

PS

....  and why are you 'emaciated'   ... thats not good ....

Daniel  !    ... Get this guy some  chicken soup ! 

I like being ascetic towards asceticism, want to enjoy life haha.

An ascetic that doesn't enjoy asceticism anymore is somewhat emaciated, I experienced way too many things that were enjoyable and now I can't stop.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

But what would be the motive for training a soul or attempting to train the subconscious?

Based on what you wrote in reply to my question, I think you're putting too many, all , of your eggs in one basket.  

2 hours ago, Emaciated Ascetic said:

want to switch from psychic practices to learning Magic or Cultivation. What I was doing had to do with psychic practice purely, I mean I'd diversify things with communication and so on but that was about it.

Something calls out to me though that I may be destined for Magic, and it will provide far faster results. Just feels odd to leave everything, so I figured I'd give what I have to my soul and continue.

You want to branch out?  Right?

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

Years ago, Bill Gates was asked what the biggest difference between materially successful and unsuccessful people was.

He said the difference between a millionaire and a poor person was focus.

A millionaire can consistently focus on the same goal for a span of months or years.

While a poor person could not.

Developing focus and being able to commit to goals might be good.

Really ? 

Maybe  to get over an addiction or psychological issue or problem or a 100 other things !

19 hours ago, Emaciated Ascetic said:

I like being ascetic towards asceticism, want to enjoy life haha.

An ascetic that doesn't enjoy asceticism anymore is somewhat emaciated, I experienced way too many things that were enjoyable and now I can't stop.

Then I would advise you NOT to take up magic .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Daniel said:

Based on what you wrote in reply to my question, I think you're putting too many, all , of your eggs in one basket.  

You want to branch out?  Right?

Yes somewhat, but It seems I couldn't figure it out. Went back to practicing the Mantra.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Then I would advise you NOT to take up magic .

It seems so, it's weird to bring up but I feel oddly convinced towards psychic practices again; I don't think it will ever be possibly to be a Psychic Lord of a "Space Opera" scale ever again. Like whatever accumulation it takes, the effort probably needs a long time to accumulate.

Just wish I could do more to speed things up, maybe I should start researching things like the Force.

I once had a really really realistic dream about the Force, something about listening for the highest sound/loudest noise. 

Someone in the dream had been an ascetic all their life and practiced listening for the force, they were reborn in their next life as an Elf as their boon. In the dream that is. There was also this weird scene, of some force user committing suicide with a grenade; they still seemed immersed in meditation which was really weird.

5 minutes ago, Emaciated Ascetic said:

Yes somewhat, but It seems I couldn't figure it out. Went back to practicing the Mantra.

Figure what out?  

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Figure what out?  

How to get the Soul to do what I wanted to, while getting the same gain of doing the practice personally.

Just now, Emaciated Ascetic said:

How to get the Soul to do what I wanted to, while getting the same gain of doing the personally.

You see it as one or the other?  Not both?

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You see it as one or the other?  Not both?

Yes, maybe because my asceticism I see some difference in the soul and my own personal action. I have learned and collected some Demonic runes that may have caused this as well, leaves one feeling sleepy or delirious/able to distance themselves from what is present.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emaciated Ascetic said:

difference in the soul and my own personal action.

The difference is like hand in glove.  Personal action is the hand in the glove of the soul.

Sign in to follow this