Trunk

Staff changes 8/2024

A number of TDBs management changes:

I'm leaving.

@steve is also leaving staff.

@dwai is the new admin

Both @forestofemptiness and @stirling are new moderators, and backing dwai up w/ admin tasks.

Please welcome, and salutations,

Trunk

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Just now, Trunk said:

I'm leaving.

@steveis leaving staff.

@dwai is the new admin

Both @forestofemptiness and @stirling are new moderators, and backing dwai up w/ admin tasks.

Trunk

I cannot emphasize enough how much dedication and compassion has gone into the service of our community by @Trunk and @steve

I hope that the bums recognize the sacrifices of personal time and energy that go into keeping our community healthy. I would also like to point out that @zerostao and @ilumairen are still part of the moderator team. 

I hope all bums will join us in expressing our heartfelt thanks to the outgoing team members and welcome @forestofemptiness and @stirling in their new role. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Trunk said:

I'm leaving.

@dwai is the new admin

Trunk

I want to thank @steve  and @Trunk  for the way they gave their energy and compassion to the daobums.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, dwai said:

I cannot emphasize enough how much dedication and compassion has gone into the service of our community by @Trunk and @steve

I hope that the bums recognize the sacrifices of personal time and energy that go into keeping our community healthy.

I hope all bums will join us in expressing our heartfelt thanks to the outgoing team members …

Trunk and Steve are great! A big thank you to them for their dedication. :wub:

1 hour ago, dwai said:

I would also like to point out that @zerostao and @ilumairen are still part of the moderator team. 

Great. :) 

1 hour ago, dwai said:

welcome @forestofemptiness and @stirling in their new role. 

A warm welcome, and thank you very much for taking on the task, appreciated. :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thank you all for trusting me to help manage the site for a time.

It was a great experience and I feel it's time for me to prioritize other things. 

I do plan to stick around as a member and enjoy the good people and interesting discussion.

I want to thank @dwai for his willingness to take on the responsibility of admin, @zerostao and @ilumairen for continuing to contribute, and especially to @forestofemptiness and @stirling for their willingness to get involved.

Big, big thanks to @Trunk for his wise leadership for so many years and of course @sean for making it all possible.

:wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

6 hours ago, Trunk said:

@dwai is the new admin

(I hadn’t seen that post) warm welcome too to @dwai as the new admin. :) 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, steve said:

… I do plan to stick around as a member …

That’s good to hear. :) 

• Like 4

while this process

individually, as a group, as a culture

often in the thick of it: slow, frustrating

yet also

tremendously rich satisfying

inspiring worth while

I look out over the quality of progress

since '86 in the Earthling Bookstore

what's available, what people bring to the table

TDBs has been luckily positioned to participate substantially

in whateverthisallis, very grateful.

I'm happy glad relieved that the staff transition is so smooth.

several staying, two going, two arriving, a bit o' re-shuffle

almost like nothing happened, *whew*

special thanks to @zerostao for introducing Sifu Matsuo

special thanks to everyone who has ever contributed on staff

thank you to each for sharing your practice

- Trunk

• Like 10

On 07/08/2024 at 9:22 PM, steve said:

Thank you all for trusting me to help manage the site for a time.

It was a great experience and I feel it's time for me to prioritize other things. 

I do plan to stick around as a member and enjoy the good people and interesting discussion.

I want to thank @dwai for his willingness to take on the responsibility of admin, @zerostao and @ilumairen for continuing to contribute, and especially to @forestofemptiness and @stirling for their willingness to get involved.

Big, big thanks to @Trunk for his wise leadership for so many years and of course @sean for making it all possible.

:wub:

We all love you Uncle Steve … it feels like you have been there forever!  What will we do without your gentle wisdom?

Thanks to everyone else for their work and for stepping up now.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Apech said:

We all love you Uncle Steve … it feels like you have been there forever!  What will we do without your gentle wisdom?

Thanks to everyone else for their work and for stepping up now.

Maybe now we'll get to hear more of @steve's music and free-flowing showers of wisdom. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dwai said:

Maybe now we'll get to hear more of @steve's music and free-flowing showers of wisdom. :)

Or maybe he'll feel more comfortable raising some Hell!

It's been quiet lately and the new mods will need some on the job training...

:lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, dwai said:

3 hours ago, steve said:

Or maybe he'll feel more comfortable raising some Hell!

It's been quiet lately and the new mods will need some on the job training...

:lol:

I´m hoping for some hell-raising crazy wisdom.  Feels like that´s what we need right about now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Huge Thank You to Steve and Trunk.  You guys have seen posts and threads that no person should have had to.  

Thank you for your time wisdom and patience.

Many Kudos to the Dwai and the new moderators.  You make this great philosophy board possible.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2024 at 9:42 AM, Trunk said:

I'm leaving.

@dwai is the new admin

Trunk

Salutations, Trunk!

I'm sorry to hear that you and @steve are leaving TDBs.  It's been almost 14 years since a "Fu_dog" from Florida started the Flying Phoenix Chi Kung thread in Dec. 2009 in then asked me to join a month or so later to answer questions.  I had never blogged before.  And what a great maiden voyage--which somehow led me to answering--or trying to answer-- every posted question on a weekly basis for the past 14 yrs.  The FPCK thread is still going strong today--thanks to Sean's smart site architecture/design, your good management, and your team's diligent supervision and moderation--especially when things got super-weird in June 2018 with trolls galore trying to divert traffic to scam-sites.  I know how much extra time and effort you and the other detective-mods had to spend to track down and expel the venal rule-breakers  who would quickly return after donning new sock-puppets.  So I must thank you all again for that laborious and seemingly thankless work in particular.

Thank you for your years of management, problem-solving, moderation, and occasional content participation---across the vast expanses of TDB!  

I look forward to our continuing correspondence on FB.

And WELCOME to @dwai, @forestofemptiness and @stirling!!!

Warm regards to all,

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1