Hi,

some people have recently said to me that Tattoos are unhealthy as they make you more perceptible to energetic pathogens or spiritual parasites, as they mess up the flow of energy in the body.

please can you share your insights or experiences on this!

thanks!

The body perceives tattoo ink as something foreign that needs to be removed, and tattooing causes an immune response that results in a large fraction of ink particles ending up in the lymph nodes. But the last piece of the puzzle has been lacking: how does tattoo ink deposited in the lymphatic system affect people's health?

Source: https://www.sciencealert.com/tattoos-linked-to-increased-cancer-risk-scientists-warn

ah thanks for the reply!.. so in general, are most daoist/chi gong/TCM practitioners anti Tattoos?  

2 hours ago, Cosmicat said:

ah thanks for the reply!.. so in general, are most daoist/chi gong/TCM practitioners anti Tattoos?  

You're most welcome.

Unfortunately, I've no idea whatsoever whether or not most daoist/chi gong/TCM practitioners are anti Tattoos.

It is possible tattoos damage sweat glands beneath the skin.

Reducing the amount of perspiration a person's body can produce to reduce temperatures in hot conditions.

There is scientific evidence to support this being possible. 

Although I don't remember any solid, long term research being done on it.

18 hours ago, Cosmicat said:

in general, are most daoist/chi gong/TCM practitioners anti Tattoos?  

about that we have the most wise saying with its meaning running  deep:

不怕外国人不识汉字,最怕他们的汉字纹身

( I am not afraid of foreigners not knowing Chinese characters, I am most afraid of their Chinese character tattoos)

well ok its a very funny inside joke

thats why i could not resist . but in all seriousness tatoos dont do anything to you, nor good nor bad. its all in your head.

12 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

but in all seriousness tatoos dont do anything to you, nor good nor bad. its all in your head.

The surface of the body is yang in relation to the interior of the body.  Tattoos are on the surface of the body, not inside the head.  Inside the head they are interpreted, but they exist on the outer surface independently of interpretations.

Classically trained feng shui masters assert that the yang part, the outside displayed to the world, matters -- it matters as much as the inner yin part, and the interplay between them is perpetual.  Therefore external presentation matters -- be it "curb appeal" of the house or the appearance of the person who seeks favors from destiny or hopes to avoid its unkindnesses.  A dirty homeless bum in tattered grime-covered clothes may be smarter and a better person than an elegant businessman wearing an Armani suit, but destiny notices the outer presentation.  The bum won't get the businessman's job unless he cleans up no matter how qualified he may be.  The traditional taoist view is that tattoos interfere with destiny on several levels.  I won't go into details, as I recall already writing about the subject before, but it's not just all in the head.         

• Like 3

Cosmicat. Rest assured that tattoos have no effect on you since meridians run in a different/parallel dimension.

What has an effect on you is:

1. Diet

2. Lifestyle practices

3. Emotions

Incorrect influences in the first two and unregulated in the third, will cause energetic imbalances at the Yin-Yang & 5 Elements level and Qi blockages.

Tattoos have only an effect on the physical plane, namely your outer skin.

On 8/12/2024 at 1:20 AM, Taomeow said:

Classically trained feng shui masters assert that the yang part, the outside displayed to the world, matters -- it matters as much as the inner yin part, and the interplay between them is perpetual. 

so tattoos aren't seen as bad then, but will effect your destiny, possible for good or bad.