Hello,

I started meditation in 2018. Because I want too hard from the start I had 3 instances of ego death.I stopped them with pills but they made everything worse.Does anyone know any teacher that can help me overcome the anxiety and fear that comes with ego death ?

2 hours ago, Nikeir said:

Hello,

I started meditation in 2018. Because I want too hard from the start I had 3 instances of ego death.I stopped them with pills but they made everything worse.Does anyone know any teacher that can help me overcome the anxiety and fear that comes with ego death ?

Hi Nikeir,

Welcome to TDB.

What kind of meditation do you practice? 

What do you mean by ego death? Can you elaborate what you’ve experienced and how you used pills to stop it? 

You’ll find people here who might be able to point you in the right direction. 

Good luck. 

18 minutes ago, dwai said:

Hi Nikeir,

Welcome to TDB.

What kind of meditation do you practice? 

What do you mean by ego death? Can you elaborate what you’ve experienced and how you used pills to stop it? 

You’ll find people here who might be able to point you in the right direction. 

Good luck. 

Hi dwai,

I practised breathing meditations. I felt like a panic attack (like I lost control) and I used benzos to stop it

5 minutes ago, Nikeir said:

Hi dwai,

I practised breathing meditations. I felt like a panic attack (like I lost control) and I used benzos to stop it

What kind of breathing meditations?

13 minutes ago, dwai said:

What kind of breathing meditations?

Mainly counting my breath and some advanced stuff like erasing my self in my mind

57 minutes ago, Nikeir said:

Mainly counting my breath and some advanced stuff like erasing my self in my mind

Is it part of some tradition? Who did you learn your meditation from?

1 minute ago, dwai said:

Is it part of some tradition? Who did you learn your meditation from?

I just used some app I found. Thats why I am searching for a teacher to teach me the right way

23 minutes ago, Nikeir said:

I just used some app I found. Thats why I am searching for a teacher to teach me the right way

First thing you should do is stop all those practices. Focus on exercise, proper diet and sleep. If you don’t mind my asking, how old are you? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dwai said:

First thing you should do is stop all those practices. Focus on exercise, proper diet and sleep. If you don’t mind my asking, how old are you? 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Nikeir said:

Does anyone know any teacher that can help me overcome the anxiety and fear that comes with ego death ?

Here, read this advice by a famous Buddhist monk. Oodles of wisdom.

http://www.buddhanet.net/bodhiny2.htm

It will answer your question and what you need to do, which basically is "go with the flow without any expectations and attach yourself to nothing."

Do not force your meditations or try to attain a goal. Relax, breathe, watch your mind, enjoy it, do it like brushing your teeth as a daily chore. 

Here's one method:

https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-practice-vipassana-insight-meditation/

Edited by Gerard
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2024 at 2:05 PM, Nikeir said:

Hi Nikeir. Welcome to TDB

Counting breath is not a meditation method. It is how do you breathe is the right way.

Perhaps you would like to read this.

• Thanks 1