Sign in to follow this  
old3bob

ok, the age of Aquarius, but...

Posted (edited)

ok, the age of Aquarius,  but it seems the Kali yuga is hanging on hard, darn it!

Edited by old3bob

Posted (edited)

Thats because the Age of Aquarius is WAY off  yet   ;) 

Due to the precession of the equinoctial point approaching the modern astronomical  constellational border of the sign Aquarius it was seen as immanent , but modern constellational borders are somewhat irrelevant  .  It makes more sense 'energy wise' ( just running with the astrological supposed theory here ) to look  at the asterism of Aquarius and use a tropical astrology set up of 12 houses with equal 30 degree divisions .

But the problem here is that the whole idea of astrological ages (in this context ) is a sidereal phenomena that tropical modern astrology does not take into account  ( which is why If you are 'Scorpio' , when  you where born the Sun might not have been in the equivalent constellation ( Scorpius )  at all !  So  we cant really use that  tropical system .

last time I looked and calculated from  an  astronomical  chart , the EP was some few hundred years off the Aquarian border and still well into Pisces .   And the asterism of Aquarius is even further away .

I think some hippies where trying to collate the change in consciousness that happened in the 60s with that ... but they should have looked closer to home at the slow moving 'trans personal planets '  that more dictate the affairs of groups nations and cultures rather than the inner personal planets that relate more to individuals .

And now, that arrangement has moved on .

In any case , one has to postulate a LONG way to see any constellational influence on things . It is more (and always used to be ) seen as being held within the relationship of the position of the planets  .... where the Sun was regarding constellations at birth was rather immaterial . It used to be the Ascendant and that was related to a planetary influence anyway .   The import of Sun on the natal ('ego' arrangement is a recent modern 'innovation'  created by a very then popular guy  called  Leo ... who was  ' a Leo '  .  ;) 

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

As an example of how arbitrary such a map is , look at Scorpius below  and its 'lounge tab upwards'  and note the  red equinoctial path ( that the point travels along )

SCO_1_sm.png

Why ?  They chopped off the scorpions claws !   ( The 'Zubans ' )  Nearly all cultures include that in 'Scorpio' ... even some Australian Aboriginals   and they dont even see it as a scorpian .... its two guardians  (rear in tail ) throwing boomerang and throwing stick ( stars in 'head' ) at two fleeing law breakers  (  the 'Zubans ')  .... all part of the same image .

Posted (edited)

Hello Nungali,  You must of have put in a lot of hours of study to be knowledgeable on all that information :) !  Years ago I dabbled enough with "western" astrology to be able to plot out natal charts which had a technically interesting aspect to it.

Edited by old3bob

Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2024 at 12:17 AM, old3bob said:

Hello Nungali,  You must of have put in a lot of hours of study to be knowledgeable on all that information :) !  Years ago I dabbled enough with "western" astrology to be able to plot out natal charts which had a technically interesting aspect to it.

Being a full time 'bum' leaves lots of time for 'fun'  :)

Its part of a 'Stella Yoga'  practice  we did in our group .  You find 'your star ' on a real sidereal chart  ( you cant actually work with 'star magic' using tropical astrology , they are not in it at all - except for the Sun )  -  we considered it 'that most significant star  combust with the natal Sun .   Then you become familiar with that star , both from records (often Arabic )  and consider it's placement .  Mine, ( a solsticial birth )  is near the intersection of three great circles and in the near midst of 4   cusping constellations . You cant get that in tropic astrology ! ;)

Eventually after some ritual and practice you 'travel to ' the star .   It took a few months to do with 2 night sections a week . A bit hard core , only about 4 people in the group did it .  We used on on-line NASA location program  :)    .

"

• Let the student recite this book, particularly the 169 adorations, unto his Star as it ariseth.
  • Let him seek out diligently in the sky his Star; let him travel thereunto in his Shell; let him adore it unceasingly from its rising even unto its setting by the right adorations, with chants that shall be harmonious therewith.
... and other stuff .

Curiously ; 

Spoiler

One  stage of the development of this ritual  - the 169 adorations - are interesting . They are set out  in a complex interrelated   meter and combination of astrological forces , with very 'exotic' incantations .  Each Chapter looks at (invokes , 'prays to ' ) different 'aspects' of God and within that are the 12 minor house aspects of the large one  ;

The Chapter known as
The Perception of God
that is revealed unto man for a snare

The Chapter known as
The Twelvefold Affirmation of God and the Unity thereof
I adore Thee by the Twelve Affirmations and by the Unity thereof.

The Chapter known as
The Twelvefold Renunciation of God and the Unity thereof
I adore Thee by the Twelve Renunciations and by the Unity thereof.

The Chapter known as
The Twelvefold Conjuration of God and the Unity thereof
I adore Thee by the Twelve Conjurations and by the Unity thereof.

The Chapter known as
The Twelvefold Certitude of God and the Unity thereof
I adore Thee by the Twelve Certitudes and by the Unity thereof.

... and so on . An example of some lines within a chapter ;

•  O Thou Sovran Guide of the star-wheeling circles, the soles of whose feet smite plumes of golden fire from the outermost annihilation of the Abyss. I know Thee! O Thou crimson sword of destruction, who chasest the comets from the dark bed of night, till they speed before Thee as serpent tongues of flame.

Scorpio is

The Chapter known as
The Twelvefold Denial of God and the Unity thereof
I adore Thee by the Twelve Denials and by the Unity thereof.

•  O Thou God of the Nothingness of All Things! Thou who art neither the Pan-pipe in the forest; nor life's blue sword wrapped in the cloak of death: O Thou who art not found amongst the echoes of the hills; nor in the whisperings that wake within the valleys! I deny Thee by the powers of mine understanding; Crown me in the unity of Thy might, and flash me as a scarlet tongue into Thine all-pervading Nothingness
OR

The Chapter known as
The Twelvefold Humiliation of God and the Unity thereof
I adore Thee by the Twelve Humiliations and by the Unity thereof.

•  O my God, comfort me with ease and be merciful unto me, as I humble myself before Thee; for all the toil of my life is but as a small white mouse swimming through a vast sea of crimson blood.
The thing is though ... the author of these 'adorations'  (not the ritual )  was a rather unexpected chap ;

General J. F. C. Fuller

th?id=OIP.ks-oN_ebd6bJd76xZkfZaQAAAA%26p

He actually invented the system of 'Blitzkrieg '  between the wars   for the British , but they snottily blew it off . So he went and sold it to the Germans .

He was also a bit of an 'esoteric artist '  ;

image.png.a41e0a89c9110d4476cc4845d1294d8c.png                                         image.png.75505516928f51adf8468ec84cafe5d2.png

I will quote the whole final chapter as I think its rather  brilliant ;

The Chapter known as
The Unconsciousness of God
that is hidden from man for a sign

I adore Thee by the Twelvefold Sign and by the Unity thereof.

12. The Light of my Life is as the light of two moons, one rising and the other setting, one increasing and the other waning; the one growing fat as the other groweth lean, like a paunchy thief sucking dry a skin of amber wine. Yet though the light of the first devoureth the light of the second, nevertheless the light of the second disgorgeth the light of the first, so that there is neither the desire of light nor the need of light— all being as a woven twilight of day and night, a madness of mingling moons. Yet I behold!

11. Now mine eyes are seven, and are as stars about a star; and the lids of mine eyes are fourteen, two to each eye. Also have I seven arms to do the bidding of the seven eyes; and each arm hath an hand of three fingers, so that I may rule the great ocean and burn it up with the Spirit of Flame, and that I may drown the fire in the Abode of the Waters. Thus I am rendered naked; for neither flame nor water can clothe me; therefore am I as a breath of wind blown over an Earth of Adamant, that knoweth neither sorrow nor rejoicing; then do I abide as a River of Light between the Night of Chaos and the Day of Creation.

10. Two are the moons of my madness, like the horns on the head of a goat. And between them burneth a pyramid of flame, which consumeth neither but blindeth both, so that the one beholdeth not the other. Notwithstanding, when the one is lost in the water, and the other is burnt up in the flame, they become united in the form of a woman fashioned of Earth and of Air, who without husband is yet mother of many sons.

9. Now the Sons are in truth but one Son; and the one Son but a daughter draped and never naked; for her mother is naked, therefore is she robed. And she is called the Light of my Love, for she is concealed and cannot be seen, as the Sun burneth over her and drowneth her in fire, whilst below her surgeth the sea, whose waves are as flames of water. When thou hast licked up the ocean thou shalt not see her because of the fire; and when thou hast swallowed the Sun surely shall the waters be driven from thee, so that though the fire be thine the water hath slipped thee, as a dog its leash. Yet the path is straight.

8. Along it shalt thou journey, and then shalt thou learn that the fear of death is the blood of the world. So the woman dressed herself in the shrouds of the dead, and decked herself with the bones of the fallen; and all feared her, therefore they lived. But she feared life; therefore she wove a dew-moon in her tangled hair as a sign of the fickleness of Death, and wept tears of bitter sorrow that she should live in the blossom of her youth. And her tears crept like scorpions down her cheeks, and sped away in the darkness like serpents; and for each serpent came there an eagle which did carry it away.

7. “Why weep?” said the Balance swinging to the left. “Why laugh?” said the Balance swinging to the right. “Why not remain still?” answered the Hand that held the Balance. And the Balance replied: “Because on my right laughs Death and on my left weeps a Virgin.”

6. Then the voice of the Hand said to the girl: “Why weep?” And the maid answered: “Because Death maketh jest of my life.” Then the Hand stayed the Balance, and at once the girl saw that she was Death, and that Death that had sat opposite her was in truth a motherless babe. So she took the child she had conceived in the arms of fear, and went her way laughing.

5. And the infant grew strong; yet its strength was in its weakness; and though to look at it from before was to look upon a man-child, from behind it was a little girl with golden hair. Now, when the child wished to tempt a maid he faced and approached her; and when the child wished to tempt a man she turned her back on him and fled.

4. But one day the child met, at the self-same hour, Love; and the man, seeing a woman, approached her eagerly, and the woman, seeing a man, fled, so that he might capture her. Thus it came about that the child met the child and wondered, not knowing that the child had lost the child. So it was that they walked side by side.

3. Then that part of the child that was man loved and lusted for that part of the child that was woman; and each knew not that each was the other, and felt that they were two and yet one, nevertheless one and yet two. And when one said: “Who art thou?” the other answered at the self-same moment: “Who am I?”

2. Soon becoming perplexed if I were Thou, or if Thou were I, it came about that the I mingled with the Thou, and the Thou with the I, so that six added to ten became sixteen, which is felicity; for it is the interplay of the elements. Four are the elements that make man, and four are the elements that make woman. Thus was the child reborn.

1. But though the man ruleth the woman, and the woman ruleth the man, the Child ruleth both its mother and father, and being five is Emperor over the kingdom of their hearts. To its father it giveth four, and to its mother it giveth four, yet it remaineth five, for it hath of its father an half and of its mother an half; but in itself it is equal to both its father and its mother; for it is father of fathers and mother of mothers.

0. Therefore is it One Whole, and not two halves; and being One is Thirteen, which is called Nothing when it is All-things. Amen without lie, and Amen of Amen, and Amen of Amen of Amen.  

•  

Edited by Nungali
  • Wow 1

Gen. Fuller is an interesting chap . I would never have guessed it from his 'cover' .

(As in 'judging a book by its cover .)

Sign in to follow this