Sign in to follow this  
DBT

Greetings

Posted (edited)

Hi, I am new to the forum, thank you for having me. I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts and learning from the thoughts of others.

I decided to add some detail about myself, looking at other people's introduction's mine was a little sparse. I am 64 years old, I came across Daoism in the late 1970's early 80's. I started to take kung fu lesson's to get a little exercise and learn a little self defence. I took a keen interest and within a year I was fighting for my county. Our master was Master Jeremy Yau, he was an amazing martial artist. I was also tutored by Sifu Bernard Chong, Bernard introduced me to Daoism as well as many other subjects. At the grade of purple sash (lau gar) I decided not to take any further gradings and to focus on other things. I studied psychology but still trained in Kung Fu and Tai chi. I am now at University as a mature student, studying to become a clinical psychologist. I am interested in all kinds of philosophy, including stoicism, the Greek philosopher's, Confucianism, the Kabballah. 

It's a pleasure to be in your company.

Edited by DBT
  • Like 3

Hi DBT. Very impressive credentials! Welcome to the forum. :)

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2024 at 12:44 PM, DBT said:

I am interested in all kinds of philosophy, including stoicism, the Greek philosopher's, Confucianism, the Kabballah. 

Hello DBT,

Welcome to Dao Bums.  I sometimes humorously refer to myself as a Confucian NeoPlatonist.

Your description of your own studies in this area remind me very much of my own, with interest in Magic, Martial arts and other odd and obscure studies going back to my late childhood.  I was probably one of the few twelve year olds in Southern California with my own copies of Crowley's Magick in Theory and Practice and Waite's Book of Ceremonial Magic, among a few others, to thumb through. 

I don't have time to speak more of my childhood, much less the following sixty years here, though I have posted a little more elsewhere on Dao Bums, as well as many other things which you might find interesting.

Sincerely,

Zhongyongdaoist, AKA, ZYD, its easier to type.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this