Cadcam

Let's start a new philosophy school!

I thought since there's so many thinkers here, that we should join forces and create a pov and detail life from it.

We would need a thesis statement, like "God is love" or "desire is suffering"  

Post your ideas and we'll vote!

Well, this is gonna be a great system !    :

all we really do is sleep, work and eat.

You guys know this is all just made up bullshit, right?

In fact, nearly all mysticism,  magic, occultism, and Philosophy is either opinion or fantasy. I've traveled these worlds and it all fails. There's actually very little that is necessary to know and follow.  I can't believe people worship this stuff!

When it comes to wisdom, all a person really needs to know is that harming someone is bad, and will be punished by law or retaliation. 

I stand by my statements.  Obviously not every crime gets noticed or punished, and I said philosophy is either opinion or fantasy, mostly they are just opinions.

Posted August 21

philosophy is either opinion or fantasy, mostly they are just opinions.  "

- Cadcam .

• Like 3

The new “philosophy school” according to Cadcam (based on the above post)

image.jpeg.8cf85ec6ec902fd7556c2c00fe53ec68.jpeg

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

Weeeel... maybe he changed his mind .

We could have a go at eclectically collecting a philosophical system together  ....  I mean, we all get on so well and never argue or have philosophical disagreements .  So our ideas should fit in nicely together to make this new system .

I will add some .

First we had

"Desire is suffering "  to that I will add "existence is pure joy "

( Hmmmm ... starting to look as clear as the TTC here  :)  )

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nungali said:

"existence is pure joy "

That’d be your “eudaimonia”. :D 

image.jpeg.0dc166588235c849dc9672e4a0c7c154.jpeg

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well, this is gonna be a great system !    :

all we really do is sleep, work and eat.

You guys know this is all just made up bullshit, right?

In fact, nearly all mysticism,  magic, occultism, and Philosophy is either opinion or fantasy. I've traveled these worlds and it all fails. There's actually very little that is necessary to know and follow.  I can't believe people worship this stuff!

When it comes to wisdom, all a person really needs to know is that harming someone is bad, and will be punished by law or retaliation. 

I stand by my statements.  Obviously not every crime gets noticed or punished, and I said philosophy is either opinion or fantasy, mostly they are just opinions.

Posted August 21

philosophy is either opinion or fantasy, mostly they are just opinions.  "

- Cadcam .

Wow! OK, so I've already done it! This is a great foundation, thanks for putting them all in one place!

• Haha 1

Create a fictional religion where being boring is the biggest sin.

Where deities have grown tired of thousands of years of humans being predictable and mundane.

Uniqueness and originality rank amongst the highest blessings mortals can receive.

Edited by Sanity Check
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2024 at 8:36 AM, Cobie said:

That’d be your “eudaimonia”. :D 

image.jpeg.0dc166588235c849dc9672e4a0c7c154.jpeg

Not just that . Its the basic premise of the 'White School' of Magick .  :) 

• Like 1

Read great books. Listen to the wise, but disregard what you dont understand/agree with. Trust yourself. Make things beautifull, create something beautifull. Create a beautifull enviorment to grow into who you supposed to be

None of these are really «original,» but at least I havent plagerized something.

15 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Read great books. Listen to the wise, but disregard what you dont understand/agree with. Trust yourself. Make things beautifull, create something beautifull. Create a beautifull enviorment to grow into who you supposed to be

None of these are really «original,» but at least I havent plagerized something.

We need a central thesis, one that catches the mind, and that can be used to craft other observations.

Something like " man was meant to create beauty"

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Cadcam said:

We need a central thesis, one that catches the mind, and that can be used to craft other observations.

«create art»

13 hours ago, Cadcam said:

Or

Man was created to maintain a very careful balance of certain atmospheric gasses via flatulence .

5 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

@Cadcam I just made a thread about «my» philosophy if youre interrested.

Yes! Where is it

The world can be understood by contemplating and cataloging thoughts on chaos and order. Remember, chaos is an illusion, for everything is, and everything has an origin and reason. There is no chaos, just ignorance and misunderstanding. 

In nature there is reason, and the elements follow an order. Animal life has an order as well, and animals do not have much of a moral code. It is human beings, with their ability for logic and language, that is defined and organized by morality. Indeed, morality and moral tales define much of humanity, and the Order that controls chaos in humans can be explained by a cultures sense of good and evil.

Edited by Cadcam

Along with good and evil, it is worth contemplating and recognizing ones concepts of love and hate, desire, and happiness.  When one understands these, and their expectations of them, they can understand much of life's actions and choices.

What's it even matter, anyways? Everyone has their own beliefs and experiences,  it's impossible to agree. It's all chaos.