Klinsly

Holding/creating an energy ball benefits?

Hello, This is just something I've been wondering for awhile and would like to get some other people's insight on.  So one of the most basic exercises people give to be able to feel qi for the first time is creating an energy ball generally by just holding it or doing some back and forth motions to get the hands moving.

I hold my hands just  a little bit apart like 10 inches or so.. 25cm I think and the sensation starts and it feels like an exchange of information between the two and almost like opposing magnets. You can kinda direct it to spin a bit too like going up one hand down then down the other. This is just me experimenting right now.

But the question is is there any benefit to doing this, like just holding it in place for awhile.

Does it build Qi. Increase sensitivity? Can you then use that accumulated Qi for a purpose? Does it flow through the rest of your channels up your arms etc? Again I'm wondering if this is something worth practicing rather than just being a repeatable  unique feeling?

I heard this was a practice for Magical Sensitivity not for Qi. I am Familiar with the idea of pulling Qi from outside sources. Becoming a Conduit is part of the process that cleans things up.

Any practice regarding Qi is going to build some benefit elsewhere.

Edited by Emaciated Ascetic
  • Like 1

Look into La Chi. It’s an exercise from Zhineng Qigong. When I did a seminar many years ago the teacher Frank Chan told us the people that did more La Chi seemed to have a better cancer recovery rate. It’s also one of the main exercises in level 1 of Spring Forest Qigong. Lastly, my step father is from Xi’an and this is the only qigong exercise his Shuai Jiao teacher taught. 🙏🏻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MBZ said:

Look into La Chi. It’s an exercise from Zhineng Qigong. When I did a seminar many years ago the teacher Frank Chan told us the people that did more La Chi seemed to have a better cancer recovery rate. It’s also one of the main exercises in level 1 of Spring Forest Qigong. Lastly, my step father is from Xi’an and this is the only qigong exercise his Shuai Jiao teacher taught. 🙏🏻

That was perfect. Checked out this video and he explained it very well in the intro with a little guided practice. I had forgotten I had watched one of his videos a few years ago about a similar topic.

• Like 1

Somehow I also didn't notice maybe due to focusing on looking through rather than the sensation, till I made this post. The first exercise of Flying Phoenix is also technically one of these. Monk Gazing at the moon. But I prefer my hands to be more vertical than curved like in that practice as I get way more feeling out of the Lao Gong point that way so it feels very different than Monk Gazing at the Moon.

• Like 2

Also the same movement in Damo Mitchell's  Wu Xing QiGong(5 elements), this movement he uses for the Lungs, just a little different with the "visualization" thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But the question is is there any benefit to doing this, like just holding it in place for awhile.

Does it build Qi?" 

-Klinsly

In SFQ level one, after the above movement, you have another one which you roll the ball with your hands, Chunyi Lin says that it builds energy in the LDT.

Edited by Lukks

On 07/09/2024 at 8:07 PM, Klinsly said:

Somehow I also didn't notice maybe due to focusing on looking through rather than the sensation, till I made this post. The first exercise of Flying Phoenix is also technically one of these. Monk Gazing at the moon. But I prefer my hands to be more vertical than curved like in that practice as I get way more feeling out of the Lao Gong point that way so it feels very different than Monk Gazing at the Moon.

How about the third seated meditation from Flying Phoenix vol 2? The hands are straight and static in that one.

On 9/4/2024 at 11:48 AM, Klinsly said:

Hello, This is just something I've been wondering for awhile and would like to get some other people's insight on.  So one of the most basic exercises people give to be able to feel qi for the first time is creating an energy ball generally by just holding it or doing some back and forth motions to get the hands moving.

I hold my hands just  a little bit apart like 10 inches or so.. 25cm I think and the sensation starts and it feels like an exchange of information between the two and almost like opposing magnets. You can kinda direct it to spin a bit too like going up one hand down then down the other. This is just me experimenting right now.

But the question is is there any benefit to doing this, like just holding it in place for awhile.

Does it build Qi. Increase sensitivity? Can you then use that accumulated Qi for a purpose? Does it flow through the rest of your channels up your arms etc? Again I'm wondering if this is something worth practicing rather than just being a repeatable  unique feeling?

You are referring to what is called a taiji ball in the system I practice. It is very powerful and can be used for many purposes. I'm listing a few of those applications below -

1. Develop sensitivity to Qi - as you work with expanding and contracting this ball, and maintaining mindful focus on the space between your palms, you should start to get a very strong and palpable sense of the ball therein. Play with it, expand it and notice where it ceases to feel substantial. Keep practicing and overtime the size of the ball (and how much area you can sense) will help attune your mind and your qi 
  2. Compress the ball, observe what happens internally as you compress the ball (do you notice sensations within your body?)
  3. Move the ball up and down your central channel - tracing a path as you move the ball from your lower torso to above your crown. The key is to be very gentle and relaxed, not straining the mind in the process. WIth time you will start to notice a flow that follows the movement of this ball. 
  4. Connect the center of this ball to the front and back channels as you move it, and you will start to apply the indirect method to circulate your MCO. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/10/2024 at 6:57 AM, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

How about the third seated meditation from Flying Phoenix vol 2? The hands are straight and static in that one.

Now I'm curious if you mean the warm up one or MSW 3 which makes sense. I'm wondering cause I never learned the warm ups on Volume 2 because of time constraints .

13 hours ago, Klinsly said:

Now I'm curious if you mean the warm up one or MSW 3 which makes sense. I'm wondering cause I never learned the warm ups on Volume 2 because of time constraints .

The warm up ones. They aren’t actually warm ups, the name is misleading. They should be part of your regular practice. 

My understanding is that focusing on the sensations on the skin is much less effective  than having your awareness listening deep inside of your body observing and influencing the qi and Jin movements there. 

• Like 1

Mark Rasmus has some qi ball exercises that I've been playing with again. He initially starts "externally" to the body and then goes "internal." One thing that helps is developing a sort of relaxed, open awareness. I don't think you feel for qi so much as you just sort of open your awareness and the qi comes into view, so to speak (although this doesn’t mean intention is absent). His videos are kind of unstructured, but he supports a more playful method than others. 

• Like 1

While what is described is an exercise in bringing energy to ones hands, once you can do that reliably, there are lots of uses for it.

1. after you can reliably create a ball at least 4 inches in diameter, play around with substituting something else for one hand. Most interesting are living things. Sliding the ball along a living body is essentially a method for medical intuition.

2. spread your hands outward to the edges of your aura, the energy will transfer to your aura. This is an easy and quick technique for making an energy shield. It works exceptionally well for dealing with difficult relatives

3. while in a room or enclosed space, turn your palms down/outward to fill the room with energy, then you will feel the things with energy in the room, not so much the ball. This is excellent at finding things with energy and invisible beings.

4. when you can make a ball wider than your head, look through it to greatly enhance remote viewing and clairaudience.

advanced: it is possible to create a ball big enough for your physical body to fit inside (you have to turn your palms outward to do this, hold the ball from the inside.

• Like 2