Rio

Asking for testimony about Neidan

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

that too, but for starters we gotta know what do all these words even mean 'protecting the semen , multipying qi , to complete the dharma body'.

Ā 

Wait you mean I dont need to store it at -196 C and breathe into it?

Ā 

Gee, what an awful translation...

• Haha 1

Neidan, where a text seldom means what it says.Ā 

Ā 

One of many reasons why neidanshu is a mess, and why few process to xianshu.

Edited by Forestgreen
Added stuff.
  • Thanks 1

The character in the text does not refer to ā€˜semenā€™. Ā 

ChineseĀ characters refer to a ā€˜meaning fieldā€™ (rather than to exact meaning like English words do), the context narrows it down.

Ā 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

The texts mean exactly what they say. But some people prefer to fantasise.
Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Wait you mean I dont need to ....Gee, what an awful translation...

apparently you dont understand what '.protecting the semen' means, let me help you......may be this one is less awful

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

ForĀ protecting the semen, it is essential to ...

From the Spiritual Discourses of Param Pujya Sant Shri Asaramji Bapu

The Secret of Eternal Youth
Vital Energy is the essence of Your Body. Preservation of it is the key to longevity of youthfulness.

https://www.hariomgroup.org/hariombooks_default/satsang/English/TheSecretOfEternalYouth.htm

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, Cobie said:

The texts mean exactly what they say.

exactly. it is all there in black and white.

3 hours ago, Cobie said:

But some people prefer to fantasise.

yes. most of humans do. it is because the reality is too harsh on them, the poor souls

22 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

apparently you dont understand what '.protecting the semen' means, let me help you......may be this one is less awful

Ā 

Ā 

exactly. it is all there in black and white.

yes. most of humans do. it is because the reality is too harsh on them, the poor souls

Ā 

I understand exactly what it means.

Ā 

It means someone doesnt know the difference between sperm and essence

Ā 

Semen is not vital essence,Ā Semen contains vital essence

Ā 

A person whoĀ practices neidan and knows what they are talking about would understand the distinction

Ā 

The others who never did, are forgiven for their lack of practical understanding.

Ā 

You (according to your self proclaimed status) should know better

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Ā 

I understand exactly what it means.

Ā 

It means someone doesnt know the difference between sperm and essence

Ā 

Semen is not vital essence,Ā Semen contains vital essence

Ā 

A person whoĀ practices neidan and knows what they are talking about would understand the distinction

Ā 

The others who never did, are forgiven for their lack of practical understanding.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I go by this ancient teaching from ā€˜Carry on up the Dantienā€™

Ā 

ā€When the fleet is in port the town is full of discharged seamenā€

Ā 

Ā 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Forestgreen said:

Neidan, where a text seldom means what it says.Ā 

Ā 

One of many reasons why neidanshu is a mess, and why few process to xianshu.

Ā 

According to the (Chinese) doctor of TCM who's currently teaching me Taoist Internal Alchemy, the number of people who've attempted to walk that Path is:

Ā 

like the number of waves of the ocean and the number of those who've succeeded is like the number of feathers on a phoenix or the number of horns on a dragon.

Ā 

Ā 

S/he then made the point that phoenixes and dragons don't actually exist.

Ā 

āš ļø S/he also mentioned thatĀ neidanshu/xianshu's an extremely risky endeavour and there's a much safer alternative. āš ļø

Ā 

14 minutes ago, Giles said:

Ā 

According to the (Chinese) doctor of TCM who's currently teaching me Taoist Internal Alchemy, the number of people who've attempted to walk that Path is:

Ā 

Ā 

There were only about 1000 Neidanist before 1949, out of a population of 450 millions.

Ā 

@Taoist TextsĀ Ā  Where do you get the English version of Huang Yuan-ji 's book?Ā  Or you translate yourself?

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Master Logray said:

There were only about 1000 Neidanist before 1949, out of a population of 450 millions.

Ā 

Ā 

I've no reason to doubt either that assertion (or my spiritual friend's more colourful assertion).

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Master Logray said:

Where do you get the English version of Huang Yuan-ji 's book?Ā  Or you translate yourself?

Ā 

image.png.e4cc092e766c94be484c12d9f81bfcb5.png

Ā 

InterestingĀ book....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Giles said:

those who've succeeded is like the number of feathers on a phoenix or the number of horns on a dragon.

so s/he is one of them right?

50 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Ā 

sorry what you say does not make any sense because it is irrelevant:Ā whether semen is something elseĀ OR it contains that something else, still,Ā when semen is lost its content is lost as well hence the semen must be protected. i hope this reasoning is not too convoluted for you.

2 minutes ago, Master Logray said:

@Taoist TextsĀ Ā  Where do you get the English version of Huang Yuan-ji 's book?Ā  Or you translate yourself?

its mine, the published one is not Huang, itsĀ  the modern author's fantasy under Huang's name. I put this chapter whole in my PPD if you interested

41 minutes ago, Apech said:

When the fleet is in port the town is full of discharged seamenā€

Fifteen men of ā€˜em good and true
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Every man Jack could haā€™ sailed with old Pew

6 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

so s/he is one of them right?

Ā 

Who are "them"?

Ā 

1 minute ago, Giles said:

Ā 

Who are "them"?

Ā 

sorry i was unclear. i will paraphrase in a couple of way, to make my question clear:

Is s/he one of thoseĀ  who succeeded inĀ Taoist Internal Alchemy?

Ā 

38 minutes ago, Giles said:

Ā 

like the number of waves of the ocean and the number of those who've succeeded is like the number of feathers on a phoenix or the number of horns on a dragon.

if s/he is teaching something s/he must have succeeded in what s/he teaches, right?

so didĀ  s/heĀ  succeed in Taoist Internal Alchemy or not?

Ā 

thank you;)

Just now, Taoist Texts said:

sorry i was unclear. i will paraphrase in a couple of way, to make my question clear:

Is s/he one of thoseĀ  who succeeded inĀ Taoist Internal Alchemy?

Ā 

if s/he is teaching something s/he must have succeeded in what s/he teaches, right?

so didĀ  s/heĀ  succeed in Taoist Internal Alchemy or not?

Ā 

thank you;)

Ā 

As far as I can tell, s/he's entirely competent to teach me Taoist Internal Alchemy, as I wouldn't be her/his student otherwise, would I?

Ā 

1 minute ago, Taoist Texts said:

sorry what you say does not make any sense because it is irrelevant:Ā 

Well it does, but, you dont understand. Which is ok

Ā 

whether semen is something elseĀ OR it contains that something else, still,Ā when semen is lost its content is lost as well hence the semen must be protected.

Ā 

The jing isnt protected by not losing sperm.Ā Thats perhaps the most partial understanding of it one could have, but would beĀ unsurprising if the sole source of ones information is books

Ā 

It starts being "harmed"Ā Ā long before any type of ejaculation happens, and under many different circumstances

Ā 

Its protected by not allowing the substance to go through its usual routine, which is many steps prior toĀ that, and often has nothing to do with semen or sexĀ at all

Ā 

i hope this reasoning is not too convoluted for you.

Ā 

I think the term you are looking for is lacking, and partial, which I believe to be the case

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Giles said:

As far as I can tell, s/he's entirely competent to teach me Taoist Internal Alchemy, as I wouldn't be her/his student otherwise, would I?

i am not sureĀ ;) but it seems you are unwilling to answer my question which is fine. thank you!

48 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Ā 

image.png.e4cc092e766c94be484c12d9f81bfcb5.png

hmm lets see:

first it says : taoist inner alchemy

then it says: Huang's guide to meditation. So alchemy is meditation now?Ā 

is 'guide to meditation' a title of a Huang's book?

then it says based on TTC. So on TTC or Huang?

then it says: Ge Guolong. so Ge or Huang?

and of course this mishmash goes through a western Ā translator who surely is an expert on Huang.

16 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

the substance ...Ā has nothing to do with semen

sure, if you say so

1 hour ago, Shadow_self said:

Semen contains vital essence

sure, if you say so

Edited by Taoist Texts

30 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

Ā So alchemy is meditation now?Ā 

Ā 

It should formĀ a part of it yes.

Ā 

then it says based on TTC. So on TTC or Huang?

Ā 

Pretty sure what he's saying is what Huang is talking about is also related to the DDJ, which is linked to meditation also, , so hopefully that joins the dots for you

Ā 

then it says: Ge Guolong. so Ge or Huang?

Ā 

Pretty sure Ge put it together, and Mattias translated it into English

Ā 

sure, if you say so

Ā 

image.png.c9a9f4b6f7e63c20ed1f278c040666ef.png

Ā 

If youre going to quote me, do it honestly instead of attempting to chop and changeĀ a conversation to suit your normal strategy of avoiding topics you cant speak on please

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

i am not sureĀ ;) but it seems you are unwilling to answer my question which is fine. thank you!

Ā 

Ā 

Sorry! šŸ™šŸ»

Ā 

Was a bit preoccupied with needing to empty the dog and get to the shop before it ran out of organic milk.

Ā 

To clarify: the answer to both your detailed questions is: "Yes", but... I obviously need to qualify that with "as far as I'm able to determine at this point" (because I'm still a student of Taoist Internal Alchemy rather than a lineage holder (in this particular school)).

Ā 

However, that still leaves hanging the question of "what is the goal of Taoist Internal Alchemy?"

Ā 

So, having now (hopefully šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ™šŸ») answered your question, I'd appreciate a bit of quid pro quo:

Ā 

So, what is your own answer to the question of what is the goal of Taoist Inner Alchemy?

Ā 

• Like 1

This:

8 hours ago, Cobie said:

ChineseĀ characters refer to a ā€˜meaning fieldā€™ (rather than to exact meaning like English words do), the context narrows it down.

Ā 

Is not the same thing as this:

8 hours ago, Cobie said:

The texts mean exactly what they say. But some people prefer to fantasise.

Ā 

English words do not have exact meanings. Meaning also depends on context. One word may have several denotations, and additional connotations. Not to mention words definitions drift over time. Linguists have tried to create a more exacting language and failed.Ā 

19 minutes ago, Giles said:

quid pro quo:So, what is your own answer to the question of what is the goal of Taoist Inner Alchemy?

yes thanks again. The goal is two-fold: the eventual oneĀ  - is a spiritual immortality in dharma-body or -golden body, it is realized when the spirit in the said body disposes of the physical body; the necessary one (without which there is no alchemy) - is the creation of a new energetic object: the elixir , the medicine, the embryo.

26 minutes ago, Giles said:

"as far as I'm able to determine at this point"

all you need to do is to ask your teacher: do you have the elixir? Its a simple yes or no question. ;)

1 hour ago, Shadow_self said:

If youre going to quote me, do it honestly

so honestly, in your school - is the semen ejaculation: A) disregarded B ) discouraged C) encouraged?Ā Its a simple mult-choice question. ;)Ā 

3 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

its mine, the published one is not Huang, itsĀ  the modern author's fantasy under Huang's name. I put this chapter whole in my PPD if you interested

Ā 

Ā 

I have the book but want to know how the terms are translated into English.Ā 

Ā 

The original book was DDJ/TTC, Master Huang Yuan Ji (he was very important) translated/annotate/explain it into modern classical Chinese with reference to cultivation.Ā  Ge GuoLong is a professor who translated the translation into contemporary Chinese.Ā  So the Mattias further translated Ge's translation of Huang's translation into English.

Ā 

Ge Guolong is well versed in alchemy.Ā  But he is too academic.Ā  For us, we prefer a more technical translation and/or deciphering.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Master Logray
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

yes thanks again.

Ā 

No problem. šŸ˜Š

Ā 

14 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

The goal is two-fold: the eventual oneĀ  - is a spiritual immortality in dharma-body or -golden body, it is realized when the spirit in the said body disposes of the physical body; the necessary one

Ā 

"Spirit" (Shen) is already immortal, as is shakti (Chi/Qi), which you may realise if you stop to consider the matter a little more deeply.

Ā 

15 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

all you need to do is to ask your teacher: do you have the elixir? Its a simple yes or no question. ;)

Ā 

Appreciate the gratuitous advice šŸ™šŸ»,Ā  however, I don't actually need to do that because I've chosen instead to follow my friend's instructions with a view to validating their practices on the basis of first-hand direct knowledge (as opposed to the theoretical basis upon which you appear to be basing your advice).

Ā 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Giles said:

Ā 

"Spirit" (Shen) is already immortal, as is shakti (Chi/Qi), which you may realise if you stop to consider the matter a little more deeply.

From unmanifest to manifest, shakti is split up in components ( that's describedin one of the yoga upanishads).

One possible process we are bickering about reverse (Ā @ChiDragonĀ ) that process.Ā 

It kind of involves the red "substance".