Rio

Asking for testimony about Neidan

1 minute ago, Shadow_self said:

You're missing the point. Theres no trouble involved. Where do people keep getting this incorrect idea from?

These things happen  naturally as a byproduct of the practice when its done correctly

Its not something "aimed for" like saying oh i better have a physical dan tien. Its what happens when you are practicing correctly for long enough.

Its unsurprising you've not heard of them. They dont go around advertising them to the wider world

'Freeform mentioned quite a few of them before he went on hiatus, search through his posts if you're interested

Yes, if these things don’t manifest, you aren’t making progress.

Our friend here likes to deny it because it’s better than admitting he’s been wasting years doing something that doesn’t work.

Easier to pretend in your head that you’ve made progress and say that everyone else is wrong instead of actually leaving your house to find out the truth.

On 10/9/2024 at 4:00 AM, Shadow_self said:

The jing isnt protected by not losing sperm. Thats perhaps the most partial understanding of it one could have, but would be unsurprising if the sole source of ones information is books

It starts being "harmed"  long before any type of ejaculation happens, and under many different circumstances

Its protected by not allowing the substance to go through its usual routine, which is many steps prior to that, and often has nothing to do with semen or sex at all

This is interesting.  I´m way behind on this thread so perhaps you´ve answered my questions up ahead but I´ll ask anyway.  Is protecting jing a useful goal for someone who is a relative newcomer to this path?  How might one begin to go about it?

59 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

Personally it sounds like an awful lot more trouble to go through than having a little faith that there are plenty of immortals already up there, who might be happy to teach a more graceful way through the gates than storming them by force.

👍🏻🙏🏻

white-nothing-thats-forced-can-ever-be-right-i.thumb.jpg.67f7c7ca8ab77f018e4420204afe5327.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nintendao said:

a more graceful way through the gates than storming them by force.

Some methods are more forceful than others. 

More force, more risk.

As to the results between the approaches, teachers have always had different opinions about that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

Firstly, 'work' was not the question. Secondly, i am  a married man and it works for me irl; i dont even  remember when i last had an ej, 8 -7 years ago? (and yes, my er is fine, the rolls in the hay with the missus are great too, thank you very much ;) )

Non-ejac sex, there are opinons about that one as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

This is interesting.  I´m way behind on this thread so perhaps you´ve answered my questions up ahead but I´ll ask anyway.  Is protecting jing a useful goal for someone who is a relative newcomer to this path?  How might one begin to go about it?

Id answer it @liminal_luke, but honestly @freeform quite literally let much of the cat out of the bag for the perceptive already

He put it better than I could

image.thumb.png.4c54bb62db89793b0a39df1bc41a407a.png

Generally speaking people are told not to have sex often and to be mindful of what they eat, when they sleep and to exercise. To avoid  over stimulation. Its less about sex, and more about the senses to be perfectly honest. Sex plays just 1 small part in a far bigger picture

This isnt Neidan though, its more along the lines of Yang Shen Fa

The further back things like tackling base desire  and working with the energetics and whatnot is where you start to get into the nitty gritty

Sealing the senses and Xin Zhai are both useful here.

Consider how emotions(Qi based) and desire (Jing based) work in tandem, and how they condition the mind (Shen based)

Normally its the physical stuff thats outer door, and given to the wider public, and a good starting point

But

The other stuff  is really where one starts to touch on some of the actual conditions to work Neidan

Its also a way  to know that when something thinks protecting the essence means not ejaculating, they are missing the moon for the stars :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/09/2024 at 2:21 PM, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Don’t even waste your time. He has nothing of value to contribute. It’s quite laughable how he thinks he’s convincing everyone that he actually knows what he’s talking about.

Just give him the wow react and move on.

Yes.

Wise council, apparently.

On the other hand, perhaps

zs0fg.jpg.79d30bada3214045156161a163851eb8.jpg

themselves?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

You basically told everyone you're engaging in a fantasy practice, according to your own standard

yes thats exactly what i told. i agree. good job!

1 hour ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

If your books told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it?

not an apt example. i am a skydiver, jumped out of a dinky biplane with an old army-issue canopy from a mile high, just for the heck of it. of course i would. cliff is nothing. all kinds of punks jump off cliffs having fun. see it on utube

read the story. (dont be scared its not a book!)

https://www.pureinsight.org/node/4991

1 hour ago, Nintendao said:

Personally it sounds like an awful lot more trouble to go through than having a little faith

thats true. but for better or worse faith is not a choice but a 'fait accomplie' (see what i did there?). very few of us are born with it. the rest of beings never gets it. faith's other name is destiny.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Not at all.

I'd have been quite surprised if you hadn't joined this particular debate debacle.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

a 'fait accomplie' (see what i did there?)

Yes, you made a spelling mistake.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

The article you linked to is interesting. 

Page 118 for everyone that think @Shadow_self 's insistence on physical change is crap. At least, he didn't invent it 

24 minutes ago, Forestgreen said:

Page 118 for everyone that think @Shadow_self 's insistence on physical change

sorry you misunderstood what the page means by 'physical body naturally and spontaneously changes,' it is  a completely opposite meaning to what he insists on ) There are many ways for the body to change you know;) Lets not jump to the conclusion that his ' physical change' is the same as the page's. That would be ...premature.

Do you think our friend wears the robe

uh-la-la the robe and the sword, looking sharp there dont i. reminds me of my fencing days

1 hour ago, Forestgreen said:

, there are opinons about that one as well. 

you know what they say bout opinions: they are like noses, everybody has one.

2 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

yes thats exactly what i told. i agree. good job!

I know its exactly what you said

48 minutes ago, Taoist Texts said:

sorry you misunderstood what the page means by 'physical body naturally and spontaneously changes,'

There is no misunderstanding here, just you trying your best to wriggle out of yet another knot you've tied yourself up in

The signs are observed on the physical body

Hey , didnt you tell us no physical changes dont occur?

TO quote you, its wrong because its materialsim

image.png.b50e985d7aa6de3b4a56db46473a001f.png

This is becoming rather sad at this point.

Even the articles you recommend for people disagree with you, and are in line with what I said

The transformation ripples down into the physical

image.thumb.png.cacda61aeeaebc6ca9509ac9033e0c03.png

Not having, or even being aware of these signs, in fact outright dismissing them...its very telling TT

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

Theres no trouble involved.

I believe you. I just don't have anyone nearby who knows how to palpate my sacral pump in the event my heart rate drops below 1BPM.

(Luk pp146-149)

2 hours ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

let’s all pretend that our practices are working

Surely you know that not all faith is a result of the blind leading the blind.

faith is not a choice but a 'fait accomplie'

"That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;"

(1 John 1:1)

• Like 1

… faith is not a choice … faith's other name is destiny.

Yes. 天命之謂性  (中庸 )

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 2