Sign in to follow this  
Emaciated Ascetic

Spiritual Qi like in the Wuxia Novels, Is there any here?

I personally feel that there is no or very little Spiritual Qi here and if there is it is probably left to some very isolated places or Mountains.

There are ways to extract some, with very immediate results and I know of one way. But there is terrible loss, unlike what most are unused to their own personal actions being capable of causing even with an untrained hand. I can bring it up later as it deviates from what I'm asking in general.

I don't exactly feel like Wuxia is inaccurate with its cultivation and so on, maybe different results from a richer environment or drastically different sky. But it is interesting on the debate of the specific energy that would make it possible here, I think of it is as Spiritual Qi, something dense and as shared as the air in the Sky.

The debates of Body refining experts with the strength of 10 Oxen or Foundation Establishment being like Gods to Mortal Men. Very different from what I see here, of still impressive results, but most achieving some physical life extension and health. I don't mean to be negative, but a lot of things feel like stuff left for older folks to get fit and not a rambo'ish passion for a young man.

I do like the optimism of novels compared to the strictness of modern practices. I get how they are, but at some point it feels healthier to be more optimistic and passionate with a heart for unrealistic results.

Edited by Emaciated Ascetic
  • Like 1

I guess this is like any speculative fiction when you don't take it literally but for the spirit of it, for the inspiration and motivation. I don't think there is any ambient energy which can act as nutrition. I think that it is more likely that there is energy that carries some kind of information in it.

When I had 40 - 100 bags of concrete to move along with buckets of tools and equipment that needed to be carried up and down flights of stairs...

I used to wish I had some type of super power to make it easier.

If we can put people in space & build computers that execute billions of instructions per second, we must have devised easier and better methods of achieving basic tasks by now?

Lucky for us the body can adapt to adverse & unfamiliar environments. (Which could be a type of super power)

For those who believe in Christ the following may also apply.

but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

-Isaiah 40:31

Edited by Sanity Check

Sign in to follow this