Apech

Downvote challenge

I really like this video and general vibe of things getting out of control. I'm not an apocalyptic person, no I would never want that. Just how things ended up were described, along with the good narrator.

Like not even that topic specifically, but something of the color of something like slowly getting out of hand and spiraling out of control.

I had a similar dream about a disease that would reduce the IQ of an individual by around 60, but the rest of their intelligence became some kind of autism spectrum; an optimized thought form almost. So it was very hard to notice, sometimes the changes in intelligence were so small that the only thing different about these people was that they were just infected and that was it. It was called Blue White. Around a majority of the population was immune to the disease, but sometimes it would just show up. Someone or a Person of incredible strategic importance just subtly changing. It was hardly noticeable, but there was this dreading sensation that even though they maintained the same behaviors and importance, they had become like a shell of themselves in a way that was hard to explain. As it progressed, they developed various small obsessions, outbursts and weird thinking patterns that seemed subtly painful to consider. The disease was strange, it was a pathogen, but somehow the behavior or sporadic ideation of social behavior would also cause it to spread.

It was a disease that started in Korea, but had since become a plaguing part of various countries. Still there was good quarantine, but it was impossible to stop the spread due to the modern need of transportation of flights.

In either sense, a Korean family where the father who was once a General in the army and used to maintain control of Quarantines and Martial law was long since affected by the disease. It was called Blue White there, but due to the familial sadness the two siblings who cared for their parents never brought it up. Of course, the country knew of the Generals, their fathers, condition but he was still allowed to keep his position and his practice. At times his sharp intelligence would still shine through or he would spend time lessening the divide and organizing the sectors brilliantly. Their mother was the mother of the two children, but there were unspoken worries that she had also contracted the disease; suddenly becoming strange. Not demented or unintelligent, it was nothing that serious, the disease was just sometimes a slight alteration in intelligence that even seemed to occupy boredom.

The dream goes on though, this is a world where that own virus is starting to spread and other countries had their own variations of it. Somehow by the spread of the disease, it mutated quickly but due it its non lethal nature it wasn't a horrible problem, just a strange one.

Europe and America were completely clean of the virus however, they had long maintained strong quarantine practices. For Europe this was easy, but America which had become the center of the world since the practical decline of Asia was somehow masterfully maintaining perfect quarantine. Even with flights from Korea or Taiwan, their vast bureaucracy had kept the virus at bay.

That is until a slight error happens, like a nick. Out of thousands and individuals and flights one slipped through. The government agents found and caught the diseased patients, but it was too late; they had walked through the airport. Then there was a passing of time similar to where the American government kept trying to isolate cases and in their secrecy even put Europe at Risk. But Europe somehow did well.

It was around 20 or so years later, where the disease had mutated developing violent tendencies in behaviors. Whole suburbs crowded with gunfire and warlords appearing across the country. Bunkers and civilians holding through till they themselves somehow became insane. No one knew how it was spreading anymore then, the disease was changing everywhere, like a psionic implant spreading between minds and some other psychic predominance. That's when the dream ended, there was hope that what they thought was the disease was actually the process of humans slowly experiencing a psionic awakening; albeit a horrid one that was chemical at its root and required time.

Frightening to see how societies fall in color, or things spiral into madness. But I can't deny it, I love the color and the setting.

Imagining this is very not a Daoist thing to bring up lol, plus my own writing is very psychotic and probably hard to understand.

Edited by Emaciated Ascetic
  • Wow 1

13 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Childless women with cats have no stake in the future.

(I figured I´d go with the tried and true.)

Vegan women with cats have no steak in their future.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

A vampiric woman with a death wish has a stake in her future.

Good but no downvote.

• Haha 1

Is anyone keeping score?  I have an idea for a post that can be downvoted to oblivion -- but what if it damages my social credit?

Edited by Taomeow
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Is anyone keeping score?  I have an idea for a post that can be downvoted to oblivion -- but what if it damages my social credit?

Do your worst!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

A vampiric woman with a death wish has a stake in her future.

A steak has a hungry carnivorous person in its future 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Apech said:

Tai chi is the most fun you can have in pajamas.

What if you don't have taichi pajamas?

• Haha 1

Just now, liminal_luke said:

I´d have a better chance of winning if more Bums had access to the Current Events section.  ^_^

You're already a winner in my opinion!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dwai said:

What if you don't have taichi pajamas?

Naked tai chi - it must be a thing - I’ll check google.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Apech said:

Naked tai chi - it must be a thing - I’ll check google.

Apparently, it's a thing from the late 90s. 

9 minutes ago, dwai said:

Guess the prompt I used to get AI to generate this image?

implicate_order_a_downward_spiral_rising_upward_it_opens_and__425fa8a9-0e83-4cba-ac55-255c8fe2427e_2.jpg

Was it - mo pai broke my Dan tien?

• Haha 3

When I first learned about this whole downvote thing, I was against it.  I thought it would lead to needless negativity and vowed never to press that button.  Turns out I was wrong.  It´s actually a lot of fun!

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

Spoiler

admiral-akbar-its-a-trap-s6lsu3ujs7qby90

19 minutes ago, dwai said:

Guess the prompt I used to get AI to generate this image?

Spoiler

well this thread is certainly "a downward spiral":lol:

Edited by Nintendao
  • Haha 3

Social credit system is a good thing ... every one should accept it and get on with being compliant citizens with whatever the current system decides is appropriate .

• Downvote 4