Goden

Where are the High Level Martial Artists/Fighters at?

44 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Here:

I hope you got the deeper part of the joke .

Plenty of youtubes showing 'gun defense '    where the offender sticks the barrel into someone's back or stands within arms reach  and they 'jitsu' them  ... riiiight !

I was visiting a dojo a while back, they had weapons on the wall including plastic hand guns . me ; " You are not teaching people deference against guns are you ? "  he said he was , since no one else was around   he goes " Pick one up and I will show you ."  Okay dude   :rolleyes:

So I take one up, walk away from him turn and point the 'gun'  "Give me your wallet ."   He takes it out and  in hand offers it .

"No no , put it on the floor and kick it over here ."  he does . I squat, keeping aim and eye on him and pick it up and pocket it . And he  smirked ;  " Its just my going out wallet , only got a 20 and no cards in it . "   I amide the gun at his kneecap and said 'Bang ! " thats for being a smart arse  !     .... and I hope you dont teach your kids to give lip to the guy with the gun ! "

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I hope you got the deeper part of the joke .

Plenty of youtubes showing 'gun defense '    where the offender sticks the barrel into someone's back or stands within arms reach  and they 'jitsu' them  ... riiiight !

I was visiting a dojo a while back, they had weapons on the wall including plastic hand guns . me ; " You are not teaching people deference against guns are you ? "  he said he was , since no one else was around   he goes " Pick one up and I will show you ."  Okay dude   :rolleyes:

So I take one up, walk away from him turn and point the 'gun'  "Give me your wallet ."   He takes it out and  in hand offers it .

"No no , put it on the floor and kick it over here ."  he does . I squat, keeping aim and eye on him and pick it up and pocket it . And he  smirked ;  " Its just my going out wallet , only got a 20 and no cards in it . "   I amide the gun at his kneecap and said 'Bang ! " thats for being a smart arse  !     .... and I hope you dont teach your kids to give lip to the guy with the gun ! "

I did boxing, as ive mentioned before. Some people at the gym there, practiced kali sakaran (self defence). Never tried it my self thou, but is it legitimate?

4 minutes ago, NaturaNaturans said:

I did boxing, as ive mentioned before. Some people at the gym there, practiced kali sakaran (self defence). Never tried it my self thou, but is it legitimate?

Probably  .  Sikiran exists in many forms , traditionally its a village foot fighting system where they continually flog each other with fast complex kicks  , full contact .  The version I did had devolved to a 'karate' form , but it still retained some unusual kicks , the instructor (Filipino  ) had remarkable speed, flexibility in the hips  and reflexes  .

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nungali said:

Probably  .  Sikiran exists in many forms , traditionally its a village foot fighting system where they continually flog each other with fast complex kicks  , full contact .  The version I did had devolved to a 'karate' form , but it still retained some unusual kicks , the instructor (Filipino  ) had remarkable speed, flexibility in the hips  and reflexes  .

Yeah, and If skilled enough you could survive an encounter with a person with a knife?

1 minute ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Yeah, and If skilled enough you could survive an encounter with a person with a knife?

'could'  and ' survive '   being the  relevant  words

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

Thanks for sharing this Documentary. I just watched the first five minutes with some food.

Looking forward to returning to it..

I’ve had a little training with a Guro who got the chance to train in 2 or 3 systems in the Filipines. A westerner but I think sincere and arduous, his stuff was great to watch.

While I only got to spend time briefly with him. I’ve trained often over the years drilling in the basics. I feel that goes a long way energetically. 

I prefer to have some training in person. Mantak Chia and Bruce Frantzis I’ve not had the chance to contact in person. Even for a minute would be awesome as their works in their books have been most beneficial over the years.

Have you practiced much internal martial arts or more only the hard external stuff?

Also did you follow any Qigong systems over the years?

9 hours ago, Thrice Daily said:

Thanks for sharing this Documentary. I just watched the first five minutes with some food.

actually, I remember being so impressed with his view and philosophy about it,  ( the latter half of the vid , I think  ) I am going to watch it again

Have you practiced much internal martial arts or more only the hard external stuff?

You will have to define the difference to me .  I have not not done anything that specifically identifies it as such , but I might be doing it anyway .

Also did you follow any Qigong systems over the years?

Same answer ... I never did anything CALLED Qigong ... but sometimes ,when I have shown someone some of the stuff I do ,  who knows about stuff like that ,  they have said;  'Thats like Qiqong ." 

Edited by Nungali