zerostao

Ashville, Western Carolina & East Tennessee

https://apnews.com/article/hurricane-helene-asheville-flooding-north-carolina-tennessee-078a298cdcaaf46749f3f6683a4e1057

Ashville's prominence and influence of Daoist practices, thought, personalities, insights, to TDB history and origins can not be overstated. My thoughts go out to those familiar voices on this Forum from the Ashville area and for everyone there during this trial.

Right now folks there are isolated as all major roads are closed.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

I know that logging onto TDB is way down the priority list once power is restored after what you've just experienced and facing now; would be great to hear from the Ashville area bums, Western Carolina, East Tennessee, 

Also Georgia and Florida, if you've been touched by this storm.

• Like 2

I have a close friend in Asheville. He and his family are OK. They have shelter but no power or water. The area is devastated. 

• Like 1

My friends finally have power and water back. They were relatively well prepared before hand and have done well. They were able to get water from a nearby stream and filter it. They had a solar radio and charger that helped. They’re just outside the town of Swannanoa which is essentially wiped out. Lots of collapsed structures, lots of missing people whose bodies will be recovered for a long period of time as they begin to recover. The area is devastated.

My Sarasota family fared much better. They had to evacuate. it got away with little damage and are back home.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1