Sir Darius the Clairvoyent

Why be afraid of anything at all

As I see it, life is nothing but cause and effect, and therefore predeterment. In other words, you have no controll - what happens, happens. Why worry about things out of your controll? That just make your problems infinetly worse. I find the deterministic world view very liberating, and I feel way more self secure and less anxious after I have started thinking in these ways.

Fortune favours the bold.

• Like 1

You dont HAVE TO be afraid of anything .  Fear is a fallback program for when the others dont work well .

You dont HAVE TO have fear to fight or flee .  You dont have to have fear to maintain awareness .*

* (if you dont get that one , take a walk in a forest  while you are concerned about some other things. Now take a walk in a forest that you know has tigers loose in it .... that will make you more aware of what you are doing .... but you dont need the fear for that . )

" Thou therefore who desirest Magical Gifts, be sure that thy soul is firm and steadfast; for it is by flattering thy weaknesses that the Weak Ones will gain power over thee. Humble thyself before thy Self, yet fear neither man not spirit. Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure: and courage is the beginning of virtue. "

https://sacred-texts.com/oto/lib30.htm

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nungali said:

" Thou therefore who desirest Magical Gifts, be sure that thy soul is firm and steadfast; for it is by flattering thy weaknesses that the Weak Ones will gain power over thee. Humble thyself before thy Self, yet fear neither man not spirit. Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure: and courage is the beginning of virtue. "

https://sacred-texts.com/oto/lib30.htm

Beautifull text

22 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

As I see it, life is nothing but cause and effect, and therefore predeterment. In other words, you have no controll - what happens, happens. Why worry about things out of your controll? That just make your problems infinetly worse. I find the deterministic world view very liberating, and I feel way more self secure and less anxious after I have started thinking in these ways.

Fortune favours the bold.

Yeah to a certain extent but out and about the more places you go and people you see, the more chance this has of backfiring and you can end up in situations over your head. 

I went through a back breakup and went through a time of not fearing anything, but after a while it was like I was challenging death itself to come knocking.

it was an interesting time don’t get me wrong, but I think I could have easily been sniffed out if I’d have carried on that trajectory of fearless action and adventure.

but who knows, as irony has it and perhaps the powers of evolution itself, I ended up with my first child on the way shortly after this outlandish period.

After that it changed. I think fear as a parent is sensible and helps keep you kids out of danger. I know again I’m posting about the kids, but if not for them what’s any of it for anyway?

j could be more fearless in some areas though, like business for sure, but I’m kinda content with a more simple lifestyle with moderate pay. As ling as there is money to eat and time to practice, I’m good. 

Conquering fear in terms of walking around in general any time any where is good though. I suggest WingChun