心神 ~

Developing Right Student Mindset

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

wow. 

just wow.

Im unsure if you're disagreeing or not, but idk the reason I said that is because lifespan is very dreadful. I would imagine it would take hundreds of years for a human to become a Mage, maybe a full lifetime to make progress with cultivation in a world that is mundane.

Time is just something I at least battle everywhere, efficiency is so important on this world.

On 10/11/2024 at 5:01 PM, 心神 ~ said:

I'm just a bit overwhelmed and trying to determine the next step.

But what happened to: 

In that event, I'm leaning toward Lotus Nei Gong International with Damo Mitchell / Roni Edlund. I found the book they wrote to be incredibly helpful, and the school offers a program that supports women's specific practice in addition to the standard program.

Why not check it out and see what happens? To my knowledge, no one has produced any evidence that Damo is not teaching Daoist practices he learned from a living teacher in an authentic tradition. In fact, one long term Bum (freefrom) has stated that what Damo teaches, is consistent with what he is also learning from a different living teacher in an authentic tradition. I don't think we really know how the path is going to unfold. 

As the sports people say, you always miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

• Like 2

I’ve watched some of his stuff, he seems like the real deal. His Bagua certainly looks to be that way too.

Looks like he is a big fan of safety features in his practice as well, and his students. Looks like a good egg 👍 

• Like 1

@forestofclarity & @Thrice Daily

Thank you for the encouragement! 

I'm still in the stage of receiving information, I suppose. When I asked about Damo Mitchell, it was because I'd read a book by him that I enjoyed and I wanted to source opinions. I hadn't researched him in-depth, his was simply the name at top of mind. 

Saying "I'm leaning towards" conveyed a level of conviction I didn't intend, and I could have worded that better. "I'm curious about," is more accurate. But I haven't lost interest, per se, I just want to continue to do my due diligence.

I do appreciate your perspective! It's just that with limited financial resources, I can't afford to dive in and see what happens. I need to know that I'm making a wise investment, so I don't mind taking my time to assess and decide. 

My question about how to develop studious discipline and respectful teacher-student rapport wasn't limited to only Qi Gong / Nei Gong, either. There are a variety of adjacent subjects I'd like to learn. But as was pointed out, I could have been clearer about that as well.

The overwhelm I mentioned was more existential than anything, a rumination on fate and karma and will, wanting to be worthy of my chosen path, and wanting to make the most out of what I can focus on and influence.

Honestly a good indication that I should relax! So I'm focusing on strengthening my daily habits and participating in the community here, and for now I find that's going well.

Edited by 心神 ~
  • Like 5