No

" The Hollow Earth is a concept proposing that the planet Earth is entirely hollow or contains a substantial interior space. Notably suggested by Edmond Halley in the late 17th century, the notion was disproven, first tentatively by Pierre Bouguer in 1740, then definitively by Charles Hutton in his Schiehallion experiment around 1774.  "

and then picked up by the modern 'alternative crew'  in a hodge podge of anything  remotely related ;

including 'Greek underworld ' ( I am sure you can find a podcast or youtube 'proving ' that  ;)  )

• Like 1

Oh you know I once read something compelling that talked about the weight of the earth relative to the speed of its spin.

The writing suggested that if the earth were not Hollow it would not spin the way it does. The maths boggled me, but there was a lot of it.

I also remember the idea of the planet originally forming in the spherical shape was due to this insane amount of centrifugal force that kind of spun out the matter which eventually formed the outer layer, leaving a hole at the top and bottom and leaving the inside hollow apart from a floating core inside that would act as a mini sun.

It was all quite entertaining to read… I’d love someone who believes it to come on with facts and figures and see it put to the test!!

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

No

" The Hollow Earth is a concept proposing that the planet Earth is entirely hollow or contains a substantial interior space. Notably suggested by Edmond Halley in the late 17th century, the notion was disproven, first tentatively by Pierre Bouguer in 1740, then definitively by Charles Hutton in his Schiehallion experiment around 1774.  "

and then picked up by the modern 'alternative crew'  in a hodge podge of anything  remotely related ;

including 'Greek underworld ' ( I am sure you can find a podcast or youtube 'proving ' that  ;)  )

So it is not some sort of esoteric metaphor? :(

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Thrice Daily said:

Oh you know I once read something compelling that talked about the weight of the earth relative to the speed of its spin.

The writing suggested that if the earth were not Hollow it would not spin the way it does. The maths boggled me, but there was a lot of it.

Quality NOT quantity .  The math that proves it not hollow is equally boggling  and backed up by the latest tech  and there is a LOT of that as well .   One of the first things that fueled 'scientific' hollow earth ...

1500393716331-hollowearth.jpeg?crop=0.9315xw:0.943xh;0.0286xw,0.057xh%26resize=1200:*&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=c225cc2a31db647e0e0b737a2736fba90994e4976faf36ae3fd3ef99e1eb7c0d&ipo=images

were early polar images stitched together to make larger images , they didnt  have shots of the very 'top' - pole so it was left blank ... later - look ! Photographic proof !    - much the same as confusion exists today from google earth views   .

I also remember the idea of the planet originally forming in the spherical shape was due to this insane amount of centrifugal force that kind of spun out the matter which eventually formed the outer layer, leaving a hole at the top and bottom and leaving the inside hollow apart from a floating core inside that would act as a mini sun.

It sounds like that math left the G out of the equation  ( Gravity )  when considering centrifugal force .

One of the more modern ideas that come from recent research is that some water was trapped 'down  there' , subjected to immense heat and pressure (thus not being able to turn to steam ) and over time solutions  formed a giant crystal mass , the interior of the Earth might have a level of crystal .... making them think places like these are a 'mere'  fractional inclusion up into the crust :

Cave%252Bof%252BCrystals%252B-Giant%252B

It was all quite entertaining to read… I’d love someone who believes it to come on with facts and figures and see it put to the test!!

Would the opposite do ?

Andrew Campbell, a professor of geophysics at the University of Chicago, said the most straightforward explanation is that Earth’s density is greater than that of the rocky layer comprising its crust. 

Earth has a density of 5.5 grams per cubic centimeter on average (counting all the mass of the planet) while rocks in the crust have a density of 2.7 grams per cubic centimeter on average, Campbell said. If our planet were hollow, its density would be lower, not greater, than the density of its crust

• Like 1