Sir Darius the Clairvoyent

The odyessey taking place in scandinavia

No, idk.  But I did once read a Dutch book that argued very convincingly that Shakespeare was Flemish. And  @awaken said the ancient Egyptians actually were the ancient Chinese Xia dynasty. Apparently the Egyptian river delta fits a description in an old Chinese script.  I guess we all want to appropriate what we admire. :lol:

Edited by Cobie
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Did you scim the article?

I don’t understand the question. I made a post about my surprise to see that Pak Satrio has changed his profile picture.

• Haha 1

Just now, NaturaNaturans said:

I just wondered If you read the article i posted above 

Righto. Less confusing then to not quote my (apparently unrelated) post, but instead use the @Cobie thing.

Let me be clear: I am not saying it is a fact. But we do know a few things: oral epics and bards were common alltrough pagan Europe, there was extendive contact between myceanian greece and the nordic Bronze age, and they had several striking similarities. Finally, there are a lot of details that truly fit the north atlantic way better than the mediteranian.

19 hours ago, Cobie said:

No, idk.  But I did once read a Dutch book that argued very convincingly that Shakespeare was Flemish. And  @awaken said the ancient Egyptians actually were the ancient Chinese Xia dynasty. Apparently the Egyptian river delta fits a description in an old Chinese script.  I guess we all want to appropriate what we admire. :lol:

How could I have forgotten to mention this excellent example:

On 14/10/2024 at 1:36 AM, Cobie said:

There was a German Sinologist who argued that the word ‘Tao’ came from the Hebrew ‘Jahweh’.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tao-Te-King-Laotse/dp/3717512463 

So too did the Sinologist Abel Remusat.

Some Jewish ancient artefacts were found in Honan. W C White

https://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Jews-compilation-relating-Kai-feng/dp/B0006BP4LI 
Some say there was a Jewish settlement in Honan at the time of Laozi. Laozi (Lǐ Ěr, some say it’s the Jewish surname Li). Laozi was an archivist in Honan. That’s all I know about it (I haven’t read the books).

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

The Nordic Bronze Age maintained close trade links with Mycenaean Greece, with whom it shares several striking similarities.[10][11][3][12]Some cultural similarities between the Nordic Bronze Age, the Sintashta/Andronovo cultureand peoples of the Rigveda have also been detected.[a][13] The Nordic Bronze Age region included part of northern Germany,[14] and some scholars also include sites in what is now EstoniaFinland and Pomerania as part of its cultural sphere.[15][16]

The people of the Nordic Bronze Age were actively engaged in the export of amber, and imported metals in return, becoming expert metalworkers. With respect to the number and density of metal deposits, the Nordic Bronze Age became the richest culture in Europe during its existence.[17][18][19]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Bronze_Age

12 hours ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Probably the least insane thing she said 

I think it was a big loss to the forum that Awaken had to be banned for being so rude. I did value some of her info, and also that she was from Taiwan (if I remember well). I’d hate the forum to be only Westerners.

Edited by Cobie

2 hours ago, Cobie said:

I think it was a big loss to the forum that Awaken had to be banned for being so rude. I did value some of her info, and also that she was from Taiwan (if I remember well). I’d hate the forum to be only Westerners.

Certainly. I am no doubt a child of the west, but one of the reasons I sm here is to get a better understanding of the eastern mind. IMO, that can only be learned from easterners.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, -ꦥꦏ꧀ ꦱꦠꦿꦶꦪꦺꦴ- said:

Implying I’m western

Not at all. If I remember well, you are Indonesian from Singapore, now living in London. 

• Wow 1

17 hours ago, Cobie said:

Fellow Taiwan members said she should be banned long time ago.  She was cultist.   They wondered why the forum bear with her for too long and it affected unknowing members.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1