Spiritualnewbie

Finding my spiritual Path

Dear all,

for a long time im searching for my spiritual path, and i really like daoist paintings, ( painting them), really resonate with them. Also like tibetan buddhism ( second to daoism). Would like to take the daoist path to keep doing the paintings, but there is no daoist group in my city. But there is a buddhist group where I frequently go.

Is it "ok" to go the daoist path alone?? Is in my situation recommended to do this, or is it preferable to go to a local group of a spirituality that i dont want thaat much..?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. This forum is kind!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi. Welcome to the forum. :) Do you enjoy going to the Buddhist group? The painting sounds great, maybe you could post some of your paintings on the forum?

Edited by Cobie

Just now, Spiritualnewbie said:

Is it "ok" to go the daoist path alone?? Is in my situation recommended to do this, or is it preferable to go to a local group of a spirituality that i dont want thaat much..?

Yes, Daoist path was mostly done alone for peace and tranquillity. A Daoist does not force oneself to do something against nature.

• Thanks 1

@ChiDragonTHank you for the quick replies!! Ok ok , so going alone seems to be "alright"

@Cobie thanks for your reply! I enjoy going to the buddhist group... and the people there are really friendly. Its just that buddhist art is one that i dont like that much. (go to the buddhist primarly to "try" and practice the virtues like generosity and kindness)

@Cobieforgot to mention that im also trying to practice compassion, its not easy. ( i shouldnt be posting while feeling tired !!)

couldnt find a way to upload images here on the forum so i will post 2 links to my instagram. Lost the name of the painter of the orignal colored painting. The one in black and white is from Ma yuan!

https://www.instagram.com/p/DBM-LFORLjC/

https://www.instagram.com/p/DBM-IRWRqNV/

Edited by Spiritualnewbie
  • Thanks 1

Alone is good but you need a teacher who'll pass on to you a serious energetic method of self-transformation and purification/opening/release. 

Chinese Internal Martial Arts serve this purpose really well. 

17 hours ago, Spiritualnewbie said:

Dear all,

for a long time im searching for my spiritual path, and i really like daoist paintings, ( painting them), really resonate with them. Also like tibetan buddhism ( second to daoism). Would like to take the daoist path to keep doing the paintings, but there is no daoist group in my city. But there is a buddhist group where I frequently go.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. This forum is kind!

What is your interest in these teachings? and why? 

18 hours ago, Spiritualnewbie said:

… I enjoy going to the buddhist group...

Do you have time to do both, be a solo Daoist painter & do the Buddhist group (ignoring their art)?

On 17/10/2024 at 12:18 PM, Maddie said:

What is your interest in these teachings? and why? 

Hello @Maddie!!!

good question, im not so sure myself, but i think to live a less stressfull live and with more meaning. But its true, it may be a bit egoistical from my side to only look for happiness for myself. Its a good question... will reflect somewhat more on it.

On 17/10/2024 at 2:09 PM, Cobie said:

Do you have time to do both, be a solo Daoist painter & do the Buddhist group (ignoring their art)?

@Cobie that sounds like a  great idea! Wont have time to do paint everyday, thats for sure. But thats "ok". As you precisely pointed , its the tibetan art that doesnt speak so much to me , but other parts; cultivating the virtues are parts that i like very much!

Thank you both for replying!!!

• Like 1

On 16/10/2024 at 8:52 PM, Gerard said:

Alone is good but you need a teacher who'll pass on to you a serious energetic method of self-transformation and purification/opening/release. 

Chinese Internal Martial Arts serve this purpose really well. 

Hello @Gerard!! Thank you for your reply!!

THere are Qigong classes in the city, and i think there are Tai Chi classes as well... Went to 2 QIgong classes wich i enjoyed. But i imagined more myself studying the daoist theory and applying it to painting(do you still think the internal martail arts are a "must" ?) . Its difficult to have so many options sometimes!!

Let me tell you something from personal experience. As a Ba Gua circle walking practitioner this art will "open you up completely" if you are up to the task. There is virtually no end how deep it goes. We are...and I stop here, I'll let you find it out by yourself. 

So to answer your question: it's a must if you are ready for it. No one else knows this better than you.

Whst are we really?

;)

On 10/18/2024 at 3:20 PM, Spiritualnewbie said:

Hello @Maddie!!!

good question, im not so sure myself, but i think to live a less stressfull live and with more meaning. But its true, it may be a bit egoistical from my side to only look for happiness for myself. Its a good question... will reflect somewhat more on it.

Why do you think it's egotistical to be happy?