Sign in to follow this  
Chrrris

Hello

Hi, I've registered here for, at least initially, one reason and one reason alone -- I'm trying to find out the title of a Hollywood film from (as far as I can remember...) early 2000s that featured Zhan Zhuang Qigong. There was a young boy who was a bit of a rogue who met an old American guy who turned out to be a qigong master. I recall the boy being made to stand in Zhan Zhuang postures on a desk at one point.

I think the old master worked in a gas station and there was a scene where the boy went to the gas station at night to find the master sitting on the roof looking down on him.

I appreciate this welcome forum probably isn't the best place to ask, so if somebody could please direct me to a section where I can ask this question without upsetting anyone, I'd appreciate it. I'm beginning to think the film never existed and I've somehow either gone mad or have made it all up, as repeated searching on various sites has turned up nothing. Surely someone on here has seen it and remembers it?!

Thanks,
Chris.

• Like 1

@Chrrris If the film made an impression on you, delve into the book as well.  Same title.

It was written by Dan Millman and is his in depth recounting of his experiences meeting 'Socrates' a seemingly simple mechanic and gas station owner, who saw the potential in Dan and became the teacher who transformed his process of interacting with reality.

There's also the prequel, The Journies of Socrates, which recounts his teacher's story of moving through Russia during interesting times.  I found both fascinating.

Happy travels mate.

Sign in to follow this