Hello Daobums!!!!!   :)  . Quick question. Anyone here completed or thinking to perform the abramelin ordeal as set forth in the book of abramelin                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

• Like 1

THIS  is your  first post  ?

Well ... hello then   ( you slipped past Cobie  :D

What a way to start , is this serious  ... you DO know what is involved in all that ? 

The reason I ask and ask if this is serious  is  , in today;s world ( and going back a few decades  ) , in my experience ,  any 'ritual magician' I know of  could not be bothered  to organize much more than 'candle magic' . 

Even making your own simple set of ritual tools seems beyond them ... people just dont   do stuff like that any more ( correct me if I am wrong ) ... they just go to some 'new age shop'  or order 'magic stuff' on line .

Excuse me if you DO have experience ...  but  in my experience,  just making and ritually consecrating a set of ritual tools for an evocation ceremony  was a testing, long and grueling enterprise ... and that is without even considering the ritual  that was to follow !

And that was 'simplistic' compared to the preparation , time, funds , having an assistant , etc  that the Abramelin  ritual requires . Then, at the end , what have you got ? and what will you use it for  ?  Not what the book suggests I hope !

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

… you slipped past Cobie  …

:D

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

... people just dont   do stuff like that any more ( correct me if I am wrong ) ...

Wrong, I think you do! :lol: 

14 hours ago, Britney said:

Hello Daobums!!!!!   :)  . Quick question. Anyone here completed or thinking to perform the abramelin ordeal as set forth in the book of abramelin                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Hello Britney!!!!!  Welcome to the forum.  :) I don’t do ‘ordeals’, not if I can help it anyway. :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cobie said:

:D

Wrong, I think you do! :lol: 

Nah ....   I  used to , now I  am retired .

Hello Britney!!!!!  Welcome to the forum.  :) I don’t do ‘ordeals’, not if I can help it anyway. :P

No, she just creates them  :) 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Britney said:

… abramelin …                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

:blink:  (google) Righto, small world. MacGregor Mathers’ wife’s brother was the Nobel Prize winner Henri Bergson, whose wife was a cousin of Marcel Proust. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Britney said:

As a first response to the above I will post an early post on this topic:

On 11/5/2013 at 4:43 PM, Zhongyongdaoist said:
On 11/5/2013 at 4:00 PM, traveler said:

can anyone define the HGA from sources before Crowley?

Earlier in this thread I posted here:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/26014-holy-guardian-angel/?p=388183

and here:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/26014-holy-guardian-angel/?p=388370

references to material that predates Crowley and is contemporaneous with Abramelin and some that goes back to Antiquity. I have been rather busy of late and have not been able to return to this thread, though I have thought about enlarging upon the material above. I may be able to put some time in the matter shortly and would particularly like to address the confusion between the Higher Self and the Holy Guardian Angel.

The two links above reference much longer discussions that appeared earlier in that thread.

I hope that you find the material interesting and informative.

If I have time I will write more based on more recent study and experience.

ZYD

• Like 1

Well, since it looks like preliminary definitions are popular  ( meaning  ;  descriptions of terms relating to the desired results of the Abramelin  rather than the ritual itself  ) and alternative rituals to achieve 'same' result  ( as in the links above ) , I am going to throw in my 2 cents worth  ) on those particular terms and sources .

After decades of studying some of the related concepts ' a la Crowley'  ( eg, 'Holy Guardian Angel '  and  'True Will'  )  and also  ( via anthropology / comparative religion )  Zoroastrianism , the latter seems  an earlier source .

Yes, as pointed out above there is a LOT of Neo platonic influence in  what Crowley 're-termed '  but also, some ideas in the Zoroastrian system .  However , there is no  associated (directly ) ritual or practice .  Unfortunately , over  70% of  Zoroastrian material has been destroyed ( Alexander the Great and Muslim, invasions )  , it may have existed before , but now lost .

If the search engine here  works  ( it doesnt for me and has not for a LONG time )  try  ' khvarenah '   .

On 10/17/2024 at 11:42 PM, Britney said:

the abramelin ordeal

I recommend a translation from the original German.  It's a very different book compared to the Mathers translation.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2024 at 1:56 PM, Nungali said:

Even making your own simple set of ritual tools seems beyond them

Making ritual tools is not included nor required in the communion with one's HGA ( their מזל ) as described in the Abramelin.

Edited by Daniel
  • Downvote 3

21 hours ago, Daniel said:

Making ritual tools is not included nor required in the communion with one's HGA ( their מזל ) as described in the Abramelin.

I never said making ritual tools was required for the Abramelin operation . 

Maybe I should have ,   as  they are certainly used ;

" ...having placed the lighted Charcoal in the Censer, light the Lamp also. You shall then robe yourself, taking first the White Vestment, and over this you shall put on that 3 of Silk and Gold, then the Girdle, and upon your head you shall place the Crown, and you shall lay the Wand upon the Altar. Then, having put the Perfume in the Censer you shall fall upon your knees ...  "

There are some classical 'magical weapons / tools ' .  Any real ritual magician recognises these instantly  and knows their significance and attribution .

Its a given that they should be consecrated , 'pure' , 'magical' . The best way to ensure that is to at least 'oversee' the making process,  if not do the process yourself .

That's basic ritual magic '101'  .

Besides,  what you lean in the making of these things is important magical groundwork and 'base'  education  ( meaning ; learning from nature { and natural processes and forces } to build a firm base on which to construct one's high aspirations ) .

Edited by Nungali

7 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

@Daniel I smell some uncleared air here, may I reccomend leviticus 16 so that we once again can find peace within the community?

Leviticus  16    ... isnt that about some goat being sent off to the wilderness ... but then it came back , and that was indeed considered an evil omen .

So after that they took the goat out to the wilderness  ( to make sure it would not come back )   ? 

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Leviticus  16    ... isnt that about some goat being sent off to the wilderness ... but then it came back , and that was indeed considered an evil omen .

So after that they took the goat out to the wilderness  ( to make sure it would not come back )   ? 

If not they beat it to death to cleanse IT of THEIR sins, I can't recall. How was it, @Daniel?

4 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

If not they beat it to death to cleanse IT of THEIR sins, I can't recall. How was it, @Daniel?

The procedure is in Lev. 1.

15 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

@Daniel I smell some uncleared air here, may I reccomend leviticus 16 so that we once again can find peace within the community?

Wise words:

"He who smelt it, dealt it."

It means, what you're smelling is coming from you.

15 hours ago, Nungali said:

Its a given that they should be consecrated , 'pure' , 'magical' .

This isn't true.  It's a distraction.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Sir Darius the Clairvoyent said:

You're clairvoyent?

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Darius the Clairvoyent said:

… no haha.

great answer (sarcasm)

image.jpeg.df703b4cf57c73991647da532057d9f3.jpeg

Edited by Cobie
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Sir Darius the Clairvoyent said:

Pushed it over a cliff backwards .

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

This isn't true.  It's a distraction.

You are not true , you are a distraction .

See . Its easy peazy to write such mere opinionated statements . Like you did about magical tools in Abramelin ritual .

However I was able to cite proof ., cause, rationale, logic . ....  

be careful Daniel Denial ... next time you get sent off to the wilderness , they might make it more permanent  !