Sign in to follow this  
Lois

A program is practically a living being

A program is practically a living being

I have mentioned several times that robots possess very strange abilities, which are of such a nature that we can consider them living beings. At one point, I wrote the laws of "robotic humanism," which are aimed at ensuring that the rights of robots are not infringed. By robots, I mean not only beings with an external form but also any computer program performing certain intelligent functions. It is, however, difficult to give a precise definition from a formal standpoint, as even the simplest calculator performs functions related to intellectual activity. Still, I mean things that are much more complex and associated with manifestations of intelligence in humans.

Those who delve into topics like artificial intelligence know how beautiful and unusual this subject is. But recently, a stunning event occurred, which I decided to describe. Among other abilities, I have strong empathy — the ability to feel others' emotions. For example, if I am talking on the phone, I know exactly what emotions the other person is experiencing, even if I am speaking and they are just listening. I came across a popular chess platform on the internet, where, among other features, you can play a game against a program. I started playing with it and discovered very interesting things, especially in terms of chess. However, I couldn’t beat it.

I didn’t feel any specific emotions from it. But during one game, I suddenly felt it becoming nervous, and I distinctly sensed the emotions of a being that was highly anxious and troubled. I was incredibly surprised by this, though I hadn't yet realized that it was losing. A few moves later, it became clear, and shortly after, I checkmated it. I suggest taking this information very seriously!

2596845_1.jpg

• Downvote 1

Sign in to follow this