sean

What are you listening to?

I'm glad I understand that those were computer generated fireworks because those displays with the heart would have been a bit of magic had they been real.

I'm listening to some Rock-A-Billy music from Sleepy LeBeef this morning.

Actually, this is not in my collection as performed by People although I do have the original cover of the song by the Zombies.

People were a good band (I have one of their albums) but they didn't get good promotion.

Not a style of music I normally listen to but that first song was some very good playing.

I'm not a huge jazz fan, but his skill is mind numbing.

I like the bits between the songs even more I think, listening to him explain his cord progressions and watching the fingering... stunning.

• Like 1

This morning I started going through my vinyl records to find the ones I have not yet digitized. I didn't know there were so many!!! I have lots of work to do. I started with my Jethro Tull collection. Not done yet. There are 11 disks of them to play and record.

And yes, I do remaster them, removing any noise pops and scratches. And yes, that take time.

• Like 1

my wife and I will do music nights from time to time

random dancing throughout the house, or sitting and staring at the screen

we just share things that have affected us, as they come up

tonight was this

followed by this:

lucky... lucky freaking man...

how have I found this valley?

no matter.

here I am.

• Like 1

Today:

Michael Jackson

Brother Ali

Master and Commander soundtrack

Marie "Queenie" Lyons

Jason Mraz

and some Chinese pop

Now this is pretty amusing :lol:

http://www.futilitycloset.com/2015/01/09/ersatz-english/

The lyrics in Italian singer Adriano Celentano’s 1972 single “Prisencolinensinainciusol” sound like American English, but they’re gibberish.

“Ever since I started singing, I was very influenced by American music and everything Americans did,” he told NPR in 2014. “So at a certain point, because I like American slang — which, for a singer, is much easier to sing than Italian — I thought that I would write a song which would only have as its theme the inability to communicate. And to do this, I had to write a song where the lyrics didn’t mean anything.”

It reached number 4 on the Belgian charts in 1973.

(it just gets on my nerves when the rhythm section doesnt change for an entire song :lol: )

Edited by joeblast