sean

What are you listening to?

I'm sorry guys.  I just can't get into that stuff.  I guess I'm just too old.

But then I still like this kind of music:

I'm glad I'm never reminded of such things.

Right now I'm listening to Grand Funk Railroad.

Yeah, they don't make them like that anymore .......thank funk. :-)

That's the sort of thing my band makes would make me play for hours on end until they got ......their chord changes sorted out.

Yeah, often not everyone changes cords at the same time.

It's fun at Bluegrass festivals sometimes when a flat back guitar player get up and does a Doc Watson tune.  They will almost always get their fingers tangled up in the strings.

The Guess Who is playing now here at my house.

• Like 1

Yeah, often not everyone changes cords at the same time.

It's fun at Bluegrass festivals sometimes when a flat back guitar player get up and does a Doc Watson tune.  They will almost always get their fingers tangled up in the strings.

The Guess Who is playing now here at my house.

Is it Doc Watson ?

I play guitar and drums but not very well.

I got a few meals and beers from ex band mates trying to get me back on the throne though so that's always a result, but the answer was always Nooooooo.....wild horses wouldn't make me do that again. I discovered that being John Bonham is much harder than it seemed on paper. Lead guitarists are sulky prima donnas that always want their amp to be louder than anyone else, bass players are authoritarian maniacs, singers always think they sound a thousand times better than they do, the rhythm guitarist is taken for granted and everything else is the drummers fault. Too fast, too slow, too many fills, not enough fills, playing too loud, playing too quietly-always first to arrive, last to leave and never an offer to help cart the kit in and out of the car which is parked 100 metres down the road and it's raining again.

Is it Doc Watson ?

Yes, Doc Watson.  One of the best, if not THE best Americana music guitarist, songwriter and singer America has ever had.  I did finally get to see him perform live once a couple years before he passed on.  

Every Bluegrass group uses the acoustic flat back guitar.  Bluegrass fans don't like electrified instruments but they will accept an electric bass.

Check out some of Doc's videos if you get the time.  And also, check out Dan Crary if you get the time.  He's another really great flat back guitarist.

And BTW, Iron Butterfly (I'm listening to them now) did more songs than just "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" and some of them were really good creations and presentations.

I like the lady's violin but really, the singer dude should do something different with his hair.

Right now I'm listening to some early Faces with Rod Stewart.

I like the lady's violin but really, the singer dude should do something different with his hair.

Right now I'm listening to some early Faces with Rod Stewart.

You are like someone's dad :-)

Funnily enough he doesn't have any hair. Maynard is as bald as a coot and can be seen with everything from 'metal hair' to a Mohican in the various bands he sings for. APC is currently in hiatus-but it's the best band I have ever seen live-and I've seen an awful lot of bands.

• Like 1

Tool-lateralus with the Fibonacci sequence over the video which is pretty good if you haven't seen it before. Some classical composers use the same idea.

• Like 1

Okay.  Great song.  The technical info was all Italian (Greek) to me but I did understand what was being pointed to.

If I were still collecting music that might well be in my collection in the category "Psychedelic".

I was on the other computer editing music.  I'm in the "Soul" category and was listening to Aretha Franklin and Wilson Pickett screaming at each other.

• Like 1